• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Results of a healthy diet experiment and cost

Hartmann

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by why
Let's think about this.

Eat a few strips of bacon: 300 calories
Have two beers: 300 calories

Now, which one causes more energy to enter the body?

Depends on if you're cutting or bulking, you see,

Fallen Angels

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Crane's
Yeah I might live in the country but that doesn't mean I'm a dumb ******* hick like you think I am.

damn, really? you sure are sounding like one right now.

Originally Posted by Lowndes
Remember who start criticizing who first. The guy simply posted about something that he enjoys and for some reason you feel the need to take the time to criticize him.

The more you post the more you come across as a "dumb ******* hick" and a "self righteous asshole".

quoted for truth.

Piobaire

Not left of center?
Reaction score
I was going to suggest you don't respond to the h8ters, username, but I see you told Kyle you enjoy it. I understand, more power to that part of the thread.

I think you folks criticizing him need to lighten up. This is a web board all about spending egregious amounts of money on stuff the general population might find questionable. They guy has the time and spare change to do a project like this, let him enjoy it.

To the project, I will agree that some of the menu seems pretty boring. If you're happy with it, forge on. If you get bored, consider going further and doing some more involved things, like I do with sausage, etc.

As to the thought you can't consume material amounts of alcohol and lose weight? Yeah, just hit the 46# off mark from last August. Moved 90% of my consumption from spirits to wine, but I now drink more days per week than I have in a long time. On average, three glasses of red wine a night. Never felt better, weight just keeps coming off, and I seem to be maintaining lean body mass pretty well.

Grayland

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
username79,
Have you considered tinkering with your fitness plan at all? You're having good results, but eventually, fitness plans get stale. I see you run 5 miles every other day. Maybe throw in some interval work or sprints occasionally? Maybe try something other than the 5X5 lifting plan?

milosz

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
2am Sunday morning will mark the two-week point for me - no smoking, no booze (for the first month), no Cokes or desserts, I've even cut out most of my fruit intake since I was eating it as dessert at night. I had a sample of sea salt ciabatta bread at Whole Foods yesterday and nearly busted a nut. But I'm actually happy with my diet - I love fresh, crisp romaine and spinach, and I'm upping my meat portions. Eating an extra 6oz of seared tuna beats the **** out of bread.

Down just about 15 pounds in those two weeks. I'm sure the first ten is water weight, but I'm feeling a lot better than I was (daily cardio intervals is probably helping on that count as well).

kwilkinson

Having a Ball
Reaction score
Username, I have a proposition for you. You hire me for $1200 a month, and I will cook all your food for you. That way you can save time and spend more time doing... whatever you do. Willing to relocate, not willing to give happy endings (on most occasions).

milosz

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
At $1200/month, I assume he's going to have to pay your rent as well?

why

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by milosz

Nope, just buy a queen bed.

kwilkinson

Having a Ball
Reaction score
Originally Posted by milosz
Fack I forgot that he lives in NYC. Make that $2200 a month. Worthwhile investment, IMO.
Originally Posted by why
Nope, just buy a queen bed.
I dunno. When Metro and I asked for his pictures, he didn't post any. I need to see first. I've got high standards for a *****.

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by kwilkinson
Fack I forgot that he lives in NYC. Make that $2200 a month. Worthwhile investment, IMO.

Does $2200 include hunting and farming, as well as the cooking?

username79

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Grayland
username79, Have you considered tinkering with your fitness plan at all? You're having good results, but eventually, fitness plans get stale. I see you run 5 miles every other day. Maybe throw in some interval work or sprints occasionally? Maybe try something other than the 5X5 lifting plan?
Yes. I used to run 12 miles everyday. I love running, however, my knees do not. Every time I have become "good" at running, which I consider being able to run 10 miles at <7 min mile pace, I've wondered to myself "when will I be injured next?" The answer is usually the next day. I have found time and time again that I can run and never become injured if I run every other day. I find this very difficult. There's been about four times where I've started out after recovering from an injury at 5 miles every other day, and before I know it, I'm doing 12-15 miles every day, enjoying every second of it, and then injured again. This time I am determined to self limit, but it is very hard not to run on the off days. I just picked up an old Trek 5200 off of eBay. The goal is to drive out to Amish countryside and do centuries. So far the 5X5 plan is kicking ****** and I don't have plans to change it. I dislike exercising indoors so I enjoy the short duration of the workouts.

Threadbearer

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by username79
3) Everything prepared fresh daily. Minimal cooking oil if necessary and then only olive oil. No leftovers. Nothing frozen.
Interesting experiment. But why no leftovers?

why

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Open up Styleforum.

See this thread.

Read this thread.

ffffuuuu.gif

Close Styleforum.

Threadbearer

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by why
Open up Styleforum.

See this thread.

Read this thread.

ffffuuuu.gif

Close Styleforum.

If that's directed at me, I'd like you to know that I searched this entire thread for any reference to "leftovers" before posting my question. I found none. If I missed one, I apologize, but it wasn't for lack of trying.

If that wasn't directed at me, consider quoting the next time so that everyone will know with whom you are being smug.

SkinnyGoomba

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Piobaire
I think you folks criticizing him need to lighten up. This is a web board all about spending egregious amounts of money on stuff the general population might find questionable. They guy has the time and spare change to do a project like this, let him enjoy it.

had this thread been about John Lobb shoes....

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.3%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.7%

Forum statistics

Threads