• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

When did you start caring about how you dressed?

jason.wu.05.09

Reaction score
Most of us, I believe, probably didn't worry that much about how we dressed when we were younger. But when did you really start paying attention to your wardrobe?

For me, I'd say it was when I was in college.

kgmessier

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Everyone wants to look good, right? I suppose I didn't start paying serious attention to my wardrobe till a couple months ago. Late to the party, you could say.

TheWraith

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by kgmessier
Everyone wants to look good, right? I suppose I didn't start paying serious attention to my wardrobe till a couple months ago. Late to the party, you could say.

Yes, I was rather late to it was well, to my shame. I'd say it was a couple years ago now for me.

Newcomer

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Started caring: about fifteen or sixteen. That equalled wearing vineyard vines, polo, etc.

Really started caring: about twenty. That means investing in 'real' shoes, suits, etc. It all started with reading about interview attire on StyleForum... And then I got really hooked.

comrade

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Around Age 4. At this time it had to do with "Cowboy Suits"
and "Soldier Suits" ( World War II, etc.)

Svenn

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
for suits- towards the end of law school when the need arose

everything else- when my gf wanted me to look better

tshaw

Reaction score
When I left the 'priest/brotherhood', left my black robes behind and then had to find something 'suit'able to wear.
laugh.gif

T

Brennus

Reaction score
when i lost 36 Kilo's, needed a complete new wardrobe, did some googling and came across styleforum.net

Fat-tie-knot

Reaction score
Around 14 when I went to highschool. Important distinction is 'care' about dressing well versus actually dressing well.

GradSchooler

Reaction score
During my Master's degree. Though it wasn't until I started my PhD that I really tried to "dress like a grown up" and save the jeans and faded t-shirts for lounging about home or quick trips to the store.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 86 38.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Staff online

Forum statistics