• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

APK

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Can we get a preview of the poplin trousers? Even if it's a semi-blurry snap of the waist taken in a dingy back room?

Epaulet

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Originally Posted by APK
Can we get a preview of the poplin trousers? Even if it's a semi-blurry snap of the waist taken in a dingy back room?

Lemme see, I should be able to swing that.

In other news, the Hoyt & Smith contrast stitch arrived! Awesome. Great denim. No more sizing down. And the Hoyt fit is absolutely freaking perfect. We just may have solved the proverbial "raw denim for large thighs" issue.

Going to work on getting these online soon too.

Mike

blynch

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Epaulet
Lemme see, I should be able to swing that.

In other news, the Hoyt & Smith contrast stitch arrived! Awesome. Great denim. No more sizing down. And the Hoyt fit is absolutely freaking perfect. We just may have solved the proverbial "raw denim for large thighs" issue.

Going to work on getting these online soon too.

Mike

epaulet is soon to destroy my wallet. Really excited for the hoyts to go up.

I require Hoyt, poplin pants, and will probably need a double-face shirt too. Good thing they sold out of my size for the alden ptb, those have been tempting me for awhile.

StanleyVanBuren

Thumb Raider
Reaction score
Originally Posted by blynch
epaulet is soon to destroy my wallet.

Yeah.

Without some serious restraint, this could easily be my future as well. More & more good stuff each day.

70gransport

Reaction score
Well just got back from a work trip and had a package waiting for me upon my return. Inside were a couple pairs of the multi-gingham pants. Holy ****, I thought you guys made good shirts, but the pants....******* wow. I think they are the best fitting pair of pants I've ever worn. I'll be mailing back the pair that doesn't fit ASAP, oh and when will you be posting picts on the website of the new goods?

Blog Marley

Reaction score
I'm shocked at how fast the double face shirts sold out, just picked up the last medium in cream, but still looking for a black in medium. not sure if someone else requested it but if someone returns theirs could you drop me a line mike?

Epaulet

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Originally Posted by 70gransport
Well just got back from a work trip and had a package waiting for me upon my return. Inside were a couple pairs of the multi-gingham pants. Holy ****, I thought you guys made good shirts, but the pants....******* wow. I think they are the best fitting pair of pants I've ever worn. I'll be mailing back the pair that doesn't fit ASAP, oh and when will you be posting picts on the website of the new goods?

Thanks, so glad that you like them! That Multi-Gingham ice color is absolutely killer.

Originally Posted by Blog Marley
I'm shocked at how fast the double face shirts sold out, just picked up the last medium in cream, but still looking for a black in medium. not sure if someone else requested it but if someone returns theirs could you drop me a line mike?

Holy god, we couldn't believe how fast they went. We did take quite a few pre-orders on them, but we also made a ton. We'll definitely do another run of these in different colors for early Fall. I'll definitely let you know if a Black Medium becomes available.

And thanks for the great feedback everyone, Adele and I really appreciate it!

Okay, so we're looking at doing the proper photoshoot of the new pants and jeans on Monday & Tuesday. But in the meantime I've got some quick snaps to show you. White balance isn't perfect on them, but this will give you an idea of what's coming. Click on the pant's name to see a larger photo.

4549021794_2358c4e695.jpg

Japanese Bordeaux Poplin: $165 (Walt & Rudy)

4548384051_53fde31f64.jpg

Japanese French Blue Poplin: $165 (Walt & Rudy)

4549022342_d0bb0d755a.jpg

UK Light Blue Chambray: $165 (Walt & Rudy)

4549022808_a1eaee84f6.jpg

UK Nassau Seersucker: $165 (Walt & Rudy)

4549023356_48d58237e5.jpg

Italian Charcoal Tropical Wool: $185 (Walt & Rudy)

4548387195_113aaac3c3.jpg

Italian Streaky Linen: $185 (Walt only)

4549023164_eb234f18be.jpg

Indian Bleeding Madras: $165 (Walt only)

4548404031_4c64f8fc28.jpg

Cone Mills White Oak 12.25oz Indigo: $145 (Smith & Hoyt)

APK

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Unequivocal win on the poplin trousers. Can we purchase them now and get them shipped out Monday or do we need to wait for them to be live on the site? Also, the crease down the leg can be pressed out, correct?

aerether

Reaction score
WOW. Amazing stuff.

Also echoing APK's question about purchasing ASAP
smile.gif

Epaulet

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Originally Posted by APK
Unequivocal win on the poplin trousers. Can we purchase them now and get them shipped out Monday or do we need to wait for them to be live on the site? Also, the crease down the leg can be pressed out, correct?

Thanks Alex! Absolutely, just drop me a PM and we can do a sale through paypal before they go live.

Yes, the crease can be ironed out. All of the cotton Walt's are fully machine washable. With a wash it will come out on its own. Sizing is the same as our usual Walt trouser except for an extra 0.5" in the waist. It will shrink by approximately that with the first wash and a tumble dry.

harryc

Reaction score
Those chambray trousers will be mine...

I always want to pop by the store since I live in NYC but I'm afraid of the damage it may cause my wallet.

enigma77

Reaction score
Are the Bordeaux/French Blue poplins something you foresee stocking on a regular basis? Really I'm just asking about the Bordeaux, actually... I'll be in the shop in the next few days to pick up those contrast Smiths I put on reserve. The chances of my walking out with something else is... disturbingly high.
wink.gif

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Staff online

Forum statistics