• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

In Praise of Trickers

Ich_Dien

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Espresso isn't dark enough for you? It's almost black!

Wes Bourne

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Ich_Dien
Espresso isn't dark enough for you? It's almost black!

Mine appear lighter than usual here (lots of natural light).

Ich_Dien

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Worth bringing up again, Wes, they're wonderful.

Wes Bourne

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Thanks, I do like them a lot; I've probably worn them once or twice every week since I got them. Re Tricker's Espresso: I briefly had a pair of their Regent calfskin captoes in that colour with natural sole edge finishing, MTO for a German retailer (returned them because of needle drag marks). That pair could pass for black depending on the lighting.

Tarmac

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
my espressos definitely are not black, they are clearly brown

trickers2.jpg

Mr. Tweed

Reaction score
It is not really a collection, like the Country, 1829 or Jermyn collection. To my experience Tricker's use it to describe shoes on their W2298 last. This is more of a country last, but slightly slimmer and longer compared to the country classics like Bourton and Malton. Not a bad choice for some nice dirty bucks, I guess...
Yours,
Mr. Tweed

aj_del

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
^^ Thanks for your reply.

I like the style of the shoes in the Tricker's ebay shop but the color of the suede seems to be too white for my taste.

duration

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Wes Bourne
Mine appear lighter than usual here (lots of natural light).

Thanks guys. Didn't know that Espresso was that dark!

kmdsimpson

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I just received a pair of Tricker's that I think are several seasons old. While new, they seem to have a lot of shop wear on them, and I'm not sure whether I should keep them. Anyone recognize these? Is there anything particularly special about these that should make me think twice? The store claims original retail on these was $640!

They are Dundee model. The box says "Cordan Burnished Derby Shoe." Pics below. First with flash, the rest without.

Trickers5.jpg

Trickers1.jpg

Trickers7.jpg

Trickers2.jpg

Trickers6.jpg

Trickers9.jpg

aj_del

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The Dundee model you have linked to is probably discontinued, hence the low price and limited sizes.

If you paid 320 USD for those shoes, I wouldn't say you got a great deal but if you like it then I guess you could keep them.

Salsalocust

Reaction score
Originally Posted by aj_del
The Dundee model you have linked to is probably discontinued, hence the low price and limited sizes.

If you paid 320 USD for those shoes, I wouldn't say you got a great deal but if you like it then I guess you could keep them.

As stated, the Corniche range is discontinued. Corniche are and were perfectly decent shoes - the leathers used are basic and the price point at Pediwear is accurate and appropriate for first grade items.

Regards,

Graham

kmdsimpson

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by aj_del

Originally Posted by Salsalocust
As stated, the Corniche range is discontinued. Corniche are and were perfectly decent shoes - the leathers used are basic and the price point at Pediwear is accurate and appropriate for first grade items.

Regards,

Graham

Thanks for the info. I sent them back. Not a bargain at the price, and not in condition that I consider to be sellable as new. Disappointed, but not a fair assessment of Trickers in general.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.6%

Forum statistics

Threads