• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Random fashion thoughts

Status
Not open for further replies.

DLester

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by constant struggle
Wash my shirts everytime i wear them...

do this please people. unless you wear undershirts. in which case you should cease wearing undershirts.

sq4you

Mid-level baller
Reaction score
there are special products you are supposed to apply to the cuffs, underarm, collar, etc before you wash them that are specially designed to remove the soil stains.

most dry cleaners apply it for you. back in the day, most shirts had removable collars to make it especially easy to take the collar off, put on a new one and rewear the shirt while you wash your dirty collars. it also made it so you could wash your collar harder & using harsher products without have to subject the entire shirt to that.

i definitely don't wash my shirts after every use. its wayyy too harsh on your shirts; especially no point in subjecting a 500 dollar thom browne shirt to washing every single day I use it.

900 baby

Nil

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Maybe I'm just less funky than the average SFer because I don't wash my shirts after every wear either. 2-3 times is the norm.

DLester

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by sq4you

i definitely don't wash my shirts after every use. its wayyy too harsh on your shirts; especially no point in subjecting a 500 dollar thom browne shirt to washing every single day I use it.

900 baby

I have no choice -- if i don't wash after each wear they smell.

I either hand wash or put them in the hand wash cycle in the washing machine. I use a very small amount of woolite, then hang dry. most people use way way too much detergent, which is a mistake. I also use a Jiffy steamer and never iron.

I never had any fading and the shirts look basically brand new. I have a fairly large rotation of shirts which helps shirt longevity.

jet

Persian Bro
Reaction score
^yo dude what's the website?

Anyways I wear a wifebeat under and I wash my shirts after ever 2-3 wears, more if it's only for a few hours.

constant struggle

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I wear MTM shirts to work everyday, have about 15-20 I rotate between, wear a vneck underneath always, then take them to get laundered at the dry cleaner, $55 HK MTM shirts - i could care less if they get wrecked in the laundering process... rest of my shirts I wear once, then wash on gentle cycle with minimal detergent, and hang dry /w a wooden hanger... wear a vneck underneath these too depending on temperature/shirt

lmaozedong

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by jet
^yo dude what's the website?

Anyways I wear a wifebeat under and I wash my shirts after ever 2-3 wears, more if it's only for a few hours.

prob .......... the mods probably deleted it because people try to spam it everywhere in order to get people to use their rep codes and get points. kinda like the gilt invite system except lamer because each you pretty much just get $1 for every $20 that people you give the code out to spend.

snake

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by APK
My brief love of Hanes v-neck undershirts is over. Washed most of them in cold and dried on medium heat last night. They shrunk three inches in the body, nearly three inches in the chest, and more than an inch in the sleeves.

ahaha I feel your pain. I bought mine in a size small, threw them in the wash, and now they're tight as ****. I feel like otter when I'm wearing them, but at least they're just undershirts.
confused.gif

lmaozedong

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Bona Drag
they did a lanvin collab which i believe was in that neighborhood
goes without saying ye rocked em

ahh, good point. they are the lanvin x acne collab. might pay $120 for em when they end up on the final sale cuz no one would buy $300 jeans on gilt -_-

Largo

Reaction score
Walked away from a bag from the Jil sample sale and I'm kicking myself in the nuts over it. Don't know why, but I balked at the total when I rang out, and now I'm sure it fuckin' was worth it (and long gone). Should have put my wife's stuff back and gotten the bag. Ah well, 'swhat I get for trying to steeze up my spouse.

jet

Persian Bro
Reaction score
that's called the anus bag, almost copped fw08 in black

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 86 38.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Forum statistics

Threads