• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Random fashion thoughts

Status
Not open for further replies.

ahjota

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
On a whim, I bought two CREEP by Hiroshi Awai shirts from the recent Gilt sale. I love them both. Now I just want to go through the rest of my clothes as fast as I can so I can do laundry and wear them again.
spam[1].gif

Makeshift_Robot

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Wanting to buy an oversized heavy knit (falling below crotch at least, with some drape to it) and wear it dress-style with slim or skinny jeans underneath and long coats on top. Never considered myself a transvestite, but it seems pretty appealing. Maybe if Uncontrol did it first...

KitAkira

Wait! Wait! I gots an opinion!
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Originally Posted by ahjota
On a whim, I bought two CREEP by Hiroshi Awai shirts from the recent Gilt sale. I love them both. Now I just want to go through the rest of my clothes as fast as I can so I can do laundry and wear them again.
You wash your shirts after every wear?

Eason

Bicurious Racist
Reaction score
^^button-downs have to be washed because you get stains on the back of the collar and cuffs.

Razele

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Do people really not wash thier shirts after each wear

Was pretty sure DLester was joking

KitAkira

Wait! Wait! I gots an opinion!
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Eason
^^button-downs have to be washed because you get stains on the back of the collar and cuffs.
You nasty, I get not these stains speak you of

nicelynice

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I wash my shirts every 3-4 wears unless it's summer and I'm sweating.. you guys really wash every wear?

snake

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I wash about every 2 wears, I don't feel comfortable when it feels like they might be dirty whether or not they actually are.

Brothersport

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by kelvinsense
Not even "Good Things"?!? That beat is crazy with the eerie ghoulish voice in the background. And the Andre 3000 verse on Throw Some D's was one of the best that year. And I did jam to Boy Looka Here once in a while. (No way approving of rich boy though, he is horrid)
Damn, every Andre 3000 verse is one of the best of the year. Remember Walk It Out? Not washing a shirt after wearing it for, I dunno, 16 hours or so is pretty gross. It's not just a matter of smells or staining (which WILL happen after a long time regardless of how sweaty you are), not washing your clothes will break down a button-down shirt more quickly, just like denim. EDIT: Just found this on Rich Boy's Wiki: "On April 14th, 2010, Rich Boy announced he was starting his own hat company, 8-Head Apparel." TELL ME THIS IS DUE TO PERSONAL APPEARANCE

Eason

Bicurious Racist
Reaction score
Originally Posted by KitAkira
You nasty, I get not these stains speak you of

Wear a light colored button-up for a day, then turn the collar flat and examine it. You should see some discoloration around the collar crease.

Or then again, maybe it's because I live in a ****-hole city where there's a hazardous amount of PM2.5 in the air.

jaydc7

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by kelvinsense
I don't "get" supreme much. The clothing seemed pretty reasonably priced for a "high-end" hypebeast store. Weren't they supposed to be ridiculous priced, or is that only some items? They did a Hanes collab too.

The webstore changed things a lot. When most people couldn't walk into the store and instead had to buy it through a reseller, the price was increased a ton.

zissou

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by ahjota
Just do a quick hand wash and hang dry
smile.gif

Originally Posted by nicelynice
I wash my shirts every 3-4 wears unless it's summer and I'm sweating.. you guys really wash every wear?
This! Especially if I am wearing a t shirt underneath, which is almost always.

PG2G

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Eason
Wear a light colored button-up for a day, then turn the collar flat and examine it. You should see some discoloration around the collar crease.
I get that too on some white shirts. Alot of the time it won't go away :/

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads