• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

A.P.C. The official thread for APC denim sizing and other questions.

Scooba

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Roachman
The only problem I have with these is that it is looks awkward to tuck in a shirt because they are so slim. I never do tuck in my shirt, but I would like to have the option to since I do wear jeans to work.

I am accustomed to raw denim now but I would be willing to try something else. I like the price of APC but I'd be willing to spend a little more, if it's worth it.

You could try Ep's by Epaulet which is one of the affiliates here. They are roomier than the APC's and only $145. They have Indigo, Black and Streaky denim. You can click their icon at the top of the screen and check them out.

You might also want to check out 3Sixteen. They are at Selfedge and Revolve. They are $195 and have a couple different styles. to choose from.

You could try some Nudie Slim Jims as well. The Dry Japans are usually the ones people choose to get the best fades. They are usually in the $179-$199 range but can sometimes be found for less on Ebay or during sales at online shops.

Those are three I would look at in the 150-200 dollar range

cap10crunch

Reaction score
Originally Posted by thomasec
Get the 29's if you want a slim fit (which is what I got), and get the 30's if you want a looser fit. The 30 will probably fit fine from the start, and the 29's will take a bit more work to stretch out. I'm 5"10, 155lbs for reference, and the 29's give me a nice, slim (not skinny) look.

Do you have the different fit pics from the 29 to the 30? I want slim but i dont want too slim but i want loose but not too loose. Just unsure which one to go for since it'll be my first pair of raw denim/apc denim.

the_pole

Reaction score
whats the difference between standards and NS ??

obiter dictum

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Scooba
You could try Ep's by Epaulet which is one of the affiliates here. They are roomier than the APC's and only $145. They have Indigo, Black and Streaky denim. You can click their icon at the top of the screen and check them out. You might also want to check out 3Sixteen. They are at Selfedge and Revolve. They are $195 and have a couple different styles. to choose from. You could try some Nudie Slim Jims as well. The Dry Japans are usually the ones people choose to get the best fades. They are usually in the $179-$199 range but can sometimes be found for less on Ebay or during sales at online shops. Those are three I would look at in the 150-200 dollar range
I've got a pair of APC NS, 3Sixteen SLs and EPs smith -- all great jeans. EPs smith is slightly roomier in the top block than my APCs in the same size, but narrower towards the hem. My 3Sixteen SLs at one size larger than my APCs and EPs are similar to the EPs in the waist, roomier than both in the thighs and the same as the APCs at the hem. Just logging a data point for anyone interested in a fit comparison.

riwa1

Reaction score

Just got these off another SF member.

Do you guys think they fit me good or should I go for something more loose like new standards

thanks guys. Comments would be much appreciated.

p.s. does anyone know how to hide text/pics into a spoiler? thanks

snuff_daddy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
for all u UK members 20% apc here (among other items): www.kiosk78.co.uk use code: MIDSEASON example:
vqn0jr.jpg
btw they have apc ns blacks __________ someone will prob report them and the code will be disabled on apc soon

Christoff

Reaction score
Have had my APC NS size 29(bought from Context, they were very awesome to deal with) for a few days now, I think I have put a total of 2 days of wear on them and already have some knee bags happening as well as some minor fading on the left front pocket from the edge of my Ipod Touch. My back pocket has a tiny bit of wear also.

Is this normal for APC to be so quick? My KMW took forever to get to even this point of wear showing. Don't get me wrong they aren't really showing wear, but it took months for my KMW to even have a key poke through. Didn't realize APC denim was that much thinner.

Roachman

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Christoff
Have had my APC NS size 29(bought from Context, they were very awesome to deal with) for a few days now, I think I have put a total of 2 days of wear on them and already have some knee bags happening as well as some minor fading on the left front pocket from the edge of my Ipod Touch. My back pocket has a tiny bit of wear also.

Is this normal for APC to be so quick? My KMW took forever to get to even this point of wear showing. Don't get me wrong they aren't really showing wear, but it took months for my KMW to even have a key poke through. Didn't realize APC denim was that much thinner.

I wouldn't say it's abnormal. They are thicker than most jeans, but they stretch very quickly.

hobo_ken

Reaction score
Yes, APCs are notorious for fast fades and KMWs are quite the opposite.

Nothing shocking really, have you soaked them yet?

Trapp

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Can anyone recommend a brand that has a very similar cut to the New Standards but with better denim?

Captain Winky

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Trapp
Can anyone recommend a brand that has a very similar cut to the New Standards but with better denim?

3sixteen SL maybe? They're a little wider at the opening, but the fits are similar. Or perhaps the EP Smith?

Cool The Kid

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by hobo_ken
Yes, APCs are notorious for fast fades and KMWs are quite the opposite.

Nothing shocking really, have you soaked them yet?

I didn't know you were supposed to soak them... I wore mine everyday for about 6 weeks, recently just gave em a break, would you guys recommend soaking them now?

mbalder2

Reaction score
^^ In my opinion, you should wash and soak as you see fit. If your jeans are dirty, why would you continue to wear them? Aging will come with time. Fades will develop. Posted these on HB:
100_3545.jpg

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 88 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 88 37.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 38 16.2%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 37 15.7%

Forum statistics

Threads