• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

***Finally an Official Baller sneaker thread ($300 minimum)***

snake

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
ah, gotcha. had something completely different drawn up in my mind

amerikajinda

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
hatersgonnahate.gif

airblaster503

Reaction score
Originally Posted by RFX45
I know not many likes the velcro Raf Simons but these colors are pretty nice.
raf-simons-fw2010-sneakers-3-540x336.jpg
RSIM-MZ1_V3.jpg

Not normally a fan of these, but I am liking these colorways, especially the second pair.

RFX45

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
TI free at last and wearing MMM.
ti-nyhotel4803.jpg

jet

Persian Bro
Reaction score
It's amazing the effect of kanye on rappers these days.

Listi

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
kanye is a horrible force

it's like hey guys you are sloppy you should wear these expensive euro brands they are classy

buys most garish euro stuff gives it all a bad name

it's like rappers who name drop cristal and suddenly it's no longer about good champagne it's about "MOFUCKA I'M A BALLER YOU CAN'T AFFORD THIS." goddamn it **** i hate kanye

RFX45

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Listi
it's like rappers who name drop cristal and suddenly it's no longer about good champagne it's about "MOFUCKA I'M A BALLER YOU CAN'T AFFORD THIS."

To be fair, rappers have been like that even before Kanye showed up in the scene.

TI used to wear plenty of ACups, I like the shoes personally but a lot of people here hate them, so isn't it at least an upgrade to see them wear MMM, Rafs, RO, etc...?

I mean HOV has already worn RO several times (although it doesn't look as good on him like on others)....
Jay-z-Rick-owens.jpg
Jay-z-Rick-owens2.jpg

... it's only a matter of time before he starts wearing Julius too.
lol8[1].gif

jet

Persian Bro
Reaction score
The whole hip hop/hypebeast community are a bunch of sheep anyway. One guy wears something and raps about it and his homies and everyone else follows including all the kids who can't even afford the stuff.

Besides, TI IN MMM isn't very accurate all he's wearing are shoes. These guys don't get the stuff, jay and diddy sent back huge consignments to the mmm store and didn't buy a single thing. Why do you think that is? No logos so everyone knows what it is?

RFX45

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by jet
The whole hip hop/hypebeast community are a bunch of sheep anyway. One guy wears something and raps about it and his homies and everyone else follows including all the kids who can't even afford the stuff.

It's how trends start. Plus if they don't, then they'd have nothing to rap about. It's not about the hard knock life anymore.

Originally Posted by jet
Besides, TI IN MMM isn't very accurate all he's wearing are shoes. These guys don't get the stuff, jay and diddy sent back huge consignments to the mmm store and didn't buy a single thing. Why do you think that is? No logos so everyone knows what it is?

I didn't know that, I thought the best way to do things now is wear something and have everyone go crazy trying to figure it out. It's what Kanye did to Ato and MMM and Raf. On another forum, there used to be thread of "What shoe is Kanye wearing?" every time a new photo of him surfaces. Either way I think the store would still be happy as long as there is a pic out there somewhere of JayZ or Diddy wearing the stuff.

jet

Persian Bro
Reaction score
It's how trends start. Plus if they don't, then they'd have nothing to rap about. It's not about the hard knock life anymore.

Obvious statement is obvious, point is there is no originality anymore since hip-hop turned to garbage. People will wear anything no matter how ugly it is cue wayne and ed hardy and minority teenagers at the bev center dressed just like him.

I didn't know that, I thought the best way to do things now is wear something and have everyone go crazy trying to figure it out. It's what Kanye did to Ato and MMM and Raf. On another forum, there used to be thread of "What shoe is Kanye wearing?" every time a new photo of him surfaces. Either way I think the store would still be happy as long as there is a pic out there somewhere of JayZ or Diddy wearing the stuff.

Incorrect, the best way is to floss by rapping/blogging about it to hype it up. Trust me, stores are not happy contrary to what you may think, it's the antithesis of their philosophy.

I know you're like the PR person for NT or whatever forum you're on but your assumptions are far off.

RFX45

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by jet
Incorrect, the best way is to floss by rapping/blogging about it to hype it up. Trust me, stores are not happy contrary to what you may think, it's the antithesis of their philosophy.

I know you're like the PR person for NT or whatever forum you're on but your assumptions are far off.

I'm just going by how Kanye has been hyped and how crazy go for what he wears and that they try to find out what it is and then when they find out and see the preice tag its usually followed by
facepalm.gif
plain.gif
confused.gif

Plus I thought any publicity is good publicity and as long as their brands are seen on the net, their good with it. Again, that is just based off how crazy people get when Kanye (or JayZ) wears stuff that doesn't have a big logo to say what brand it is.

I'm a PR person for NT? I could have sworn half of the people there hated me.
lol8[1].gif
I get at least 1-2 hate PMs a week.

Listi

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
To be fair, rappers have been like that even before Kanye showed up in the scene.

I know, but Kanye did it to good brands with lots of nice stuff...

Originally Posted by jet

but then they only wore the ugly "LOOK AT ME!" stuff and gives the whole brand a bad name.

Kanye turned Louis Vuitton into a ******* HIPHOP BRAND in the minds of millions. Which is horrible. Seriously, what's next, Kiton?

AR_Six

"Sookie!"
Reaction score
I'm a PR person for NT? I could have sworn half of the people there hated me.
lol8[1].gif
I get at least 1-2 hate PMs a week.

Serious? For what, having costly goods? Who sends hate PMs. I mean I get those for moderating but that's because people get upset when you ban them.

Nil

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Listi
Kanye turned Louis Vuitton into a ******* HIPHOP BRAND in the minds of millions. Which is horrible. Seriously, what's next, Kiton?

That obnoxiously monogrammed LV **** has been around for years, long before Kanye.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 86 38.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Forum statistics

Threads