• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Results of a healthy diet experiment and cost

Mr Herbert

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
prefer the taste of grass fed. just depends what you are used to - the majority of the meat produced where i live is pasture fed.

also, although it has less fat i prefer the flavour of the fat.

plus the health benefits are undeniable.

Rikkar501

Reaction score
Originally Posted by username79
It provides me entertainment.

This thread was quite civil until a few members decided to express their tiny penis syndrome by specifying that the type of meat I consume is only for women, never eaten by chefs (bullshit), and that they eat much larger pieces of meat (whooptie-fuckin-doo.)

Oh the guy with the room temperature IQ from the other thread, and I qoute:

Enough said.

Must lead a boring life, eh? At least when when I have a differing opinion i'm not an e-asshole
laugh.gif
Keep copying and pasting brah!

username79

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Rikkar501
Must lead a boring life, eh? At least when when I have a differing opinion i'm not an e-asshole
laugh.gif
Keep copying and pasting brah!

Originally Posted by Rikkar501
Allow me. Pasta is a carb overload; carbs are used for energy. What energy do you need while sleeping? End of discussion. Actually, for anyone attempting to maintain a lean physic pasta should be avoided. There is absolutely no reason your body needs that many carbs, unless you are preparing to run a marathon or something. And professional marathon runners are hardly concerned with a lean physic, as they are already emaciated.
Eh, I'm bored now.

Crane's

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Living in the country and not being afraid to get my hands dirty has it's benefits. For the most part I grow or kill everything I eat. In terms of quality I doubt anything you buy at the store/market is better than what I eat everyday and I know where all of it came from. Another benefit of putting some time into what you eat is the cost. I basically eat for free.

Learn how to hunt and fish. Find somewhere to plant a garden. You'll eat well and save a boatload of money.

milosz

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Sustenance fishing in Texas would mean living on bass, perch and catfish.
I'll stick to tuna and salmon.

Crane's

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by milosz

You can catch Crappie, any number of tasty sunfish species along with trout in Texas.

Fallen Angels

Reaction score
man, why are you guys being so critical over this and trying to chop this guy down? it's his life, it's his diet, it's his choices and preferences. i dont see the need to be arguing and hating here.

anyway, username. good job man. that's great that you set a goal and went for it, and succeeded. must feel great to know its paying off. i hope one day i can learn to have a healther diet and lifestyle.

Crane's

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Fallen Angels
man, why are you guys being so critical over this and trying to chop this guy down? it's his life, it's his diet, it's his choices and preferences. i dont see the need to be arguing and hating here.

anyway, username. good job man. that's great that you set a goal and went for it, and succeeded. must feel great to know its paying off. i hope one day i can learn to have a healther diet and lifestyle.

It has nothing to do with being critical or hating on anyone. I personally think it's ludicrous to spend 11K a year on supposedly healthy food per person. It's done in rural America everyday for a lot less money and that's without gardens, hunting or fishing. Plain and simply people get caught up in things that really make no difference in food quality and then buy into it lock stock and barrel at ridiculously inflated prices.

As far as having a healthier lifestyle and diet is concerned that's not rocket science either. All that is required is a little common sense and knowledge.

J'aimelescravates

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Crane's
Living in the country and not being afraid to get my hands dirty has it's benefits. For the most part I grow or kill everything I eat. In terms of quality I doubt anything you buy at the store/market is better than what I eat everyday and I know where all of it came from. Another benefit of putting some time into what you eat is the cost. I basically eat for free. Learn how to hunt and fish. Find somewhere to plant a garden. You'll eat well and save a boatload of money.
This is great and quite the luxury. You know exactly what you are putting in to your body (and it's FRESH!) unless you have one of those Conagra chicken farms
laugh.gif
But really, I wish I could do this

Crane's

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by J'aimelescravates
This is great and quite the luxury. You know exactly what you are putting in to your body (and it's FRESH!) unless you have one of those Conagra chicken farms
laugh.gif
But really, I wish I could do this

The thing is most people can do at least part of what I'm doing. You can grow tomatoes and a few pepper plants on an apartment patio. Most people can find a place to at least go fishing once in a while. Others might be able to go deer hunting locally without spending an arm and a leg. Almost any city dweller can take a drive out to a rural area and find out who is raising good cattle and make a deal to buy half a steer. While they are out there it's not hard to find a real farmers market with whatever happens to be in season produce wise at bargain prices.

username79

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by mr.loverman
6'2" 159

That's too skinny. You should lift some weights.

Thanks. There was no mention of lifting weights in my original post.
facepalm.gif

db_ggmm

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Crane's
It has nothing to do with being critical or hating on anyone.

This. Or at least that was the intention.

I enjoy reading about the OP's experience, but I will admit the whole thing seems a bit misguided. It is as if there is some suggestion that results he has achieved is due to the "high quality" of the food he is eating. The "results" are pretty much exactly what I would expect of any relatively slender dude eating 500 cal below maintenance, regardless of food quality. It's one thing to love filet, it's another to say you are 6% bf because of filet vs top sirloin.

Gingahbman

Reaction score
Well this thread went off on a wild tangent, but I did learn a lot about steak. It also seems like some of you have lived some pretty interesting lives.

As for the topic at hand, I like healthy eating like the next man, but I don't know if it's necessary to cut out so much. Is moderation and a good exercise routine not enough? Either way, props on your accomplishment OP.

Rikkar501

Reaction score
Originally Posted by milosz

Man, I could eat perch almost every day! Bass is great too if you grill it right.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads