• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Suede Jacket - MTM jacket pics added

lee_44106

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by edmorel
that is actually very nice. I plan on doing something similar, but in cashmere.

Zegna currently has a blousson in cream suede for the body and cream-colored cashemere for the sleeves.

Ed, where are you having this jacket made?

aj_del

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by lee_44106
I notice the collar of the jacket is not completely fabric but has suede tipping in the front.

Was this your choice or something that just could not be done by TOJ?

The suede makes the collar more "substantial" and stiff and therefore does not have that soft roll.

Can you do some pictures of the inside, buttons...etc. (detail shots)?

I thought that was part of the design I sent to them but after seeing your comments I had a look at those pictures again and in those pics the collar is completely made of the ribbing material. I think they changed the material to suede where the buttonholes are located due to the kind of buttonholes they made which might not be possible in the ribbing material.

The initial pic I sent to them

leon_winter_10.jpg

Thereafter, this picture was also discussed.

http://www.exblog.jp/blog_logo.asp?s...787_140438.jpg

Viral

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Very nice..........can we get shots of the lining?

Man, where you gona wear that in New Delhi?? It's almost 44 degrees!

aj_del

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by edmorel
that is actually very nice. I plan on doing something similar, but in cashmere.

This company in Japan makes this design on MTM basis in several fabrics in many designs. http://randblues.exblog.jp/12357690/

Originally Posted by Viral
Very nice..........can we get shots of the lining?

Man, where you gona wear that in New Delhi?? It's almost 44 degrees!

Lining is burgundy silk. Will take pics of the lining, buttonholes and buttons tomorrow.

Wearing it is an issue, I am torn between holidaying in Alps where I would be able to wear this and other cold weather stuff I bought recently and holidaying in Asutralia / HK where I would be able to place an order with Chan

aj_del

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
TO sell as in an addition to the Panta line ?

holymadness

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Dang, that is nice, and at a good price. Congratulations.

forex

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I think that one has to be tall and slim to pull off that blouson successfully.

somatoform

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by aj_del
COmp5.jpg

Are the sleeves too long? They look too bunchy.

The body and pockets bunch up weirdly even with it undone at the bottom - maybe a combo of too tight and too long or just a weird construction.

And, yes, the ribbing at the neck would be best left without the leather sides.

But, if it works for you, good.

I like maomao's OTR look from the 1st page. It's short enough and wide enough to give that same nice drape in the Cucc photo (actually better than the cucc photo), the sleeves are just right, and of course the all material ribbing at neck.

Originally Posted by maomao1980
I have the same in light tan, brown, as well as a linen version. Quite a few Italian factories makes them, the most popular being Cinquanta.

P2136949.jpg

Doxe

Reaction score
Hmmm...looking at the different lengths between the TOJ jacket and MaoMao's, I tend to favour the TOJ length. MaoMao's ends right at the belt line. For me, I'd be pulling the jacket down every few steps with the MaoMao length.

I prefer the leather at the throat of the coat too. It repeats the leather at the bottom of the jacket.

As for arm length, I'm always worried about leather jackets being too short than too long. I'd like to see a side by side robot pose comparison. If the jacket sleeves are too short it makes it harder to wear the jacket in colder weather and makes the jacket look like it is too small for the wearer.

However, I do prefer the shorter amount of ribbing on MaoMao's cuffs. Still, I'd be happy with either jacket.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 86 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 23 10.2%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.6%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 16.0%

Forum statistics

Threads