• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Converse Appreciation Thread

snuff_daddy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
a lot of japanese brands make higher qual chuck look-a-likes

Earnest Hemingway

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by RFX45
Sak x Converse Collab from that might not make it to the US. Even fi it did, estimated retail is $600 - $800 USD.
plain.gif

]

Concepts in cambridge is carrying them, unfortunately the msrp for the chucks is 600

zissou

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Those handmade chucks look fantastic, but, yeah, there is no way I would pay that much for them.

Garage/Surf Rock

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Smahatma
I overheard someone on the NYC subway last weekend say to his friend something along the lines of "Why would you buy those when you can buy Converse for much less? They're the same thing", in reference to the Common Projects Achilles low's I was wearing. I didn't say anything, because I don't associate with poor people. And before anyone mentions the irony of me taking the subway, I put $5000 down on my metrocard.

Take the taxi if you got that much to spend on the subway.

Smahatma

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Garage/Surf Rock
Take the taxi if you got that much to spend on the subway.
I find your morsels of advice to be immensely helpful. Do you have a periodical newsletter that I may subscribe to?

RFX45

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
JP FW10
I like the black pair. Red leather looks good too.
converse-jack-purcell-fall-2010-1.jpg
converse-jack-purcell-fall-2010-2.jpg

converse-jack-purcell-fall-2010-3.jpg

hboogz

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The hi-tops are cool, but what's with that patch in the back? Looks terrible. They should make the oxblood in hi -- that would be murder.

WorkingClassDude

Reaction score
Originally Posted by RFX45
JP FW10 I like the black pair. Red leather looks good too.
converse-jack-purcell-fall-2010-1.jpg
converse-jack-purcell-fall-2010-2.jpg
converse-jack-purcell-fall-2010-3.jpg

Are those red leathers Lo or Hi? I guess they look like lo's. It's nice to see a couple JP hi top models that have the classic toe (in comparison to the different toe on say the Racearound). That rear patch on the black is weird. It looks like to me a big rectangular patch with a Converse logo that looks like it's in the Von Dutch font. ugh. I wonder if it's removable. Strangely enough I like those white hi tops most of all. When do these hit stores? A few months still right?

Robert

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Garage/Surf Rock
I find your pompousness highly affected. Nouveau riche? If your boasts are even real ...

Not to add fuel to fire but isn't "pomposity" always "highly affected"? I mean that's more or less the definition, right?

zissou

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Oh, man, those white canvas JPs look fantastic!

Robert

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Not sure why, but I don't like the side strap things.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 36.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 59 39.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 15 10.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 26 17.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 26 17.3%

Forum statistics

Threads