• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

A.P.C. The official thread for APC denim sizing and other questions.

drtchock

Reaction score
Need some help with these jeans.. Ok these pics are not my jeans, but this is the style/fit/colour I want to achieve.. I know they are A.P.C's, they look too narrow for New Standards so i'm pretty sure they're either Cure or New Cure.. what do you think? Is there that much of a difference between the 2?? Also I like the ways these fit on him, most people in the know seem to size down in their APC jeans because they stretch.. I'm usually a 30 waist, so what size should I go for to achieve this kind of fit? Finally the colour.. how long should I wait before the first wash and how should I wash them to keep the colour similar to these? i've seen some people wear their APCs for close to a year, wash them and they look too faded for my liking. if it helps, the guy wearing these is only small, about 5'6", and has a slim build. Thanks alot, any help is much appreciated!
apcjeanscurenewcure.jpg

max_r

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
^^looks like a new standard to me, but depending on someones build it can sometimes be hard to tell, so it might be new cures.

as for the difference between the new and old cures and new and old standards, I think its just the rise, slightly higher rise (one inch?) on the old versions.

as for sizing, i'm still trying to get that right myself, looks like the typical two inches down though.

aqhong

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by max_r
as for the difference between the new and old cures and new and old standards, I think its just the rise, slightly higher rise (one inch?) on the old versions.
The original Cure is a completely different cut from the New Cure: in between NC and NS in terms of slimness, and without the ankle flare of NC. (It's the cut Dior 19cm is based on.)

drtchock

Reaction score
so those could be a Cure instead of a New Cure? I dont think theyre a new standard, they look too skinny around the calfs.

drtchock

Reaction score
just had a look at Cures on the APC.fr website, the Cure jeans in the mens section in a size 29 and 30 are out of stock, but on the womens section these are instock?? just curious to see what the difference is between the mens and womens Cure jeans?? Is there any difference at all between mens and womens?? or can i order the 29s from the womens section and get exactly what i would get if i was to order the 29 from the mens section?

drtchock

Reaction score
now thinking they could be a Petit new standard?? hmmm.. wish it was easier to identify them.

Cool The Kid

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
^^^No ****, but do you lift? I have the same fit in the thighs lmao. Fret not though, they've loosened up nicely & are whiskering up well after just 2 months.

van_hammersly

Reaction score
Thom Yorke is small as hell and those don't look especially tight on him so my guess is they're Petit Standards sized down 1 if it all. If you're a 30 waist get a 29? That's my advice.

Captain Winky

Reaction score
Originally Posted by drtchock
now thinking they could be a Petit new standard?? hmmm.. wish it was easier to identify them.
That was my first thought, but aren't the PS relatively new? Those look very broken in, and unless this was one of the first guys to have them, I'm guessing it's one of the former.

flyguy7

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Cool The Kid
^^^No ****, but do you lift? I have the same fit in the thighs lmao. Fret not though, they've loosened up nicely & are whiskering up well after just 2 months.

Good eye, yeah I've always had trouble fitting into premium and designer clothes. Lately i've toned down the weight stuff and lost a few pounds so I gave some slimmer fits a try. Thanks for the pointers cool

drtchock

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Captain Winky
That was my first thought, but aren't the PS relatively new? Those look very broken in, and unless this was one of the first guys to have them, I'm guessing it's one of the former.

when did petite new standards come out?? some of these pictures were taken in summer 2009, so he will have had them probably from summer 2008. was the petite new standard out then??

Cool The Kid

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by flyguy7
Good eye, yeah I've always had trouble fitting into premium and designer clothes. Lately i've toned down the weight stuff and lost a few pounds so I gave some slimmer fits a try. Thanks for the pointers cool
Ha the avatar should have gave it away. I have struggled with strength vs a fashionable size... I think I've hit the perfect size. Anyways good luck with those, theyre great jeans

crazyx215

Reaction score
Can someone give measurements (waist, thigh) on size 29 rescues after they've stretched out a little bit? I know the waist stretch a quite a bit after some wear but never really hear about how much the thighs stretch.

ILikeBacon

Reaction score
Originally Posted by max_r
can someone who owns a pair of 28 or 29 new standard do me a quick favor? Can you measure how wide the leg is about 13" up from the leg opening? (or about mid-calf) I have what I think are probably larger than normal calfs, 15.5" around at the biggest point, and I'm just wondering how tight they are in the calf right there. my 30's that i've decided to get rid of measure 8" exactly, which is pretty good, might be able to go a little bit slimmer, but not much. I have some old levi's 511 in size 31 that measures 7.5 in this area (7" leg opening) that are skin-tight on the calfs, and I dont like this look.
I have like the same problem too. It sucks, haha. I just had to sell a pair of N&F cuz they were too tight in the calves, and the jeans were hugging my legs in that area. Looked ******* awful. So, I was wondering if APCs and jeans in general stretch out in the calves at all? And what cut/size should I get? I'm like 29 waist but my calves are like 16"... and I'm kinda short like 5"7.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads