• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Kick Ass

TheDarkKnight

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Quite literally one of the best films I have seen, in a long, long time.

It has the same awesome wit of Zombieland, with action scenes to rival The Matrix - Hit Girl rocks.

Big Daddy's Adam West enunciation is genius.

I will be watching this film a few more times at the cinema!

http://uk.rottentomatoes.com/m/1217700-kick_ass/

TotesMcGotes

Reaction score
Glad to hear this, I loved the comics and cannot wait for the U.S. release.

TheDarkKnight

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
definitely Totes, I've been a big fan of comic conversions since the seminal Batman Begins. Nolan changed everything
biggrin.gif

I'm a big fan of The dark knight ( hence my nom de plum ) Watchmen and Ironman.

Kick ass' dialogue is genius, it is very witty and blackly comic.

Yeah, I'll be going to see it again tomorrow night.

FidelCashflow

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I just got back from an advance screening, the film is nuts! It's like the dark knight but funny! Hit Girl is awesome, and the movie shifts from ridiculous comedy to serious super-hero seamlessly.

Plus Nicholas Cage has finally had his first good role since the mid-90's!
laugh.gif

Roikins

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by FidelCashflow
I just got back from an advance screening, the film is nuts! It's like the dark knight but funny! Hit Girl is awesome, and the movie shifts from ridiculous comedy to serious super-hero seamlessly.

Plus Nicholas Cage has finally had his first good role since the mid-90's!
laugh.gif

Good to hear. I want to see this, but someone was describing it to me as "Mystery Men" with teens.

TotesMcGotes

Reaction score
I am about to go to the Midnight Screening of it in Austin, i'll post my thoughts when i return!

bigboy

Reaction score
I hate that mclovin character/actor so much.
ffffuuuu.gif

I think it's mainly because of his association with that character.

yomike005

Reaction score
have 2 tix for this at 930pm tonight at regal la live in downtown los angeles. unfortunately chose wrong time. free for anyone that wants them. they are fandango, just print and present to ticker taker..

TotesMcGotes

Reaction score
Movie was awesome!
If you read the comics it strays from the originals towards about the 2/3 mark but still is a fantastic movie.
I would recommend this to anyone who likes comedy/action, the girl who plays Hit Girl is so badass in the movie that it kind of puts shame to some of the other action stuff I've seen lately.

celery

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
This movie is awesome. It has it's hilarious moments, but it's dark and twisted in multiple ways. It surpasses all the other comic book movies except for "The Dark Knight" imo (but only because of the joker).

r...

Reaction score
Originally Posted by celery
This movie is awesome. It has it's hilarious moments, but it's dark and twisted in multiple ways. It surpasses all the other comic book movies except for "The Dark Knight" imo (but only because of the joker).

Funny thing about the Dark Knight is that without the Joker it just seems overly self important and referential. gravely voice =/ gravitas.

kwilkinson

Having a Ball
Reaction score
Originally Posted by r...
Funny thing about the Dark Knight is that without the Joker it just seems overly self important and referential. gravely voice =/ gravitas.

Most movies would seem overly self important and referential if you took away their main antagonist.

r...

Reaction score
Originally Posted by kwilkinson
Most movies would seem overly self important and referential if you took away their main antagonist.
Is that how your remaining nut feels?

dhaller

Reaction score
I am so happy to hear this!

And... it's not a remake! Amazing! Let this be a lesson (looking at you, Clash of the Titans) that remakes have gotten tired, and the good stuff is still original.

Probably see it Sunday
smile.gif

DH

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 38.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 88 37.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 38 16.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 37 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads