• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Refusal to sell...

Razele

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
There was some noob I sold all my clarks DB's to

It ended up being like 55 USD shipping and he paid 85 for 3 pairs

I did it as goodwill, he turns around and says "OMFG WERE ARE THEY????!!!?" when they haven't turned up in four days, shipped from Aus to Canada, lol

"I'll report you" was a total joke

I'll not do favours for people lightly

Listi

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I've never sold anything on B&S yet. But if I sensed trouble, I wouldn't sell. No need for that hassle.

I doubt I'd do it for "personal" reasons, just if they were acting like a flaky buyer.

The Deacon

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by JD_May
^That guy returned an item to me (because of a mistake I made) and he was fully refunded for it, but I still haven't received the item after a month. Not sure if I'll ever get it back.

A good example without being specific are the people who contact you 2 days after the sale to tell you they haven't received the item. Where is it? Why isn't it here yet? And then repeat this step every day until it arrives. I want nothing to do with those people.

+100 ...if I had a dollar for every buyer who's done that to me (on the bay)

but... how about a laconic seller who waited three weeks to ship a pair of coveted but agreeably used shell wingtips. Drove ME crazy.
puzzled.gif

the shah

OG Yamamoto
Reaction score
why not open a dispute after that long?

snuff_daddy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
ive sold a lot of things on various forums..only had one problem so far..but it was a major pain **********

i have a question about receiving paypal gift payments...i heard they arent safe either
i read on another site that someone accepted the funds...shipped the item...then the buyer either closed their bank account or had their bank block the transaction

so the seller lost their money...is that possible? i always get offered paypal gift payments but because of that im very wary

KitAkira

Wait! Wait! I gots an opinion!
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Money's money. As long as the reason I don't like them is something to do with their trustworthiness, doesn't matter to me

trig

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by snuff_daddy
ive sold a lot of things on various forums..only had one problem so far..but it was a major pain **********

i have a question about receiving paypal gift payments...i heard they arent safe either
i read on another site that someone accepted the funds...shipped the item...then the buyer either closed their bank account or had their bank block the transaction

so the seller lost their money...is that possible? i always get offered paypal gift payments but because of that im very wary

hmmm that doesn't really make sense to me since technically don't you just wait for payment to be in your paypal acct before shipping it off. either way don't do gifts. just make sure the fees are paid for using ppcalc.com. so then the whole paypal transaction dispute is still an option.

wahwho11

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
**** sending payments as gifts unless you absolutely trust them. paypal isn't going to help when you're trying to burn them pyapal fees(though they do suck, still). yes, i do not trust hypebeats

socialdtk

Reaction score
I've never refused to sell to anyone but I wish I had. A few months ago I was giving away a MJK fannel shirt through B/S. The person who took it happened to be from Canada and sent me $10 to cover the shipping. Shipping ended up costing $20, the shirt didn't make it through customs and was returned to me 2 weeks after I shipped it. I tried sending it again and the same thing happened. The whole ordeal ended up costing me $30 and I still have the shirt... So if anyone is interested in a medium MJK brown flannel button up let me know.

snuff_daddy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
but its safe to accept paypal gift payments right? they cant easily dispute it with their banks?

the shah

OG Yamamoto
Reaction score
can if its a visa cc

g transistor

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I've never refused, but I'm more wary of international shipping now. It just gets really annoying.

I do let people have some time to ship it though, because I understand that sometimes life just gets a bit too hectic. For myself, sometimes I ship stuff next day or sometimes it takes me a week, it really depends on my schedule at school and how soon I can get home. I always, always try to let the buyer know what's going on though, I'd hate to be left hanging like that.

Listi

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by socialdtk
I've never refused to sell to anyone but I wish I had. A few months ago I was giving away a MJK fannel shirt through B/S. The person who took it happened to be from Canada and sent me $10 to cover the shipping. Shipping ended up costing $20, the shirt didn't make it through customs and was returned to me 2 weeks after I shipped it. I tried sending it again and the same thing happened. The whole ordeal ended up costing me $30 and I still have the shirt... So if anyone is interested in a medium MJK brown flannel button up let me know.

I'm interested... but I live in Canada...

haha just kidding
laugh.gif
not my size.

mikey34

Reaction score
want to all the time when selling. you offer a low price, they want lower. offer free ground shipping, they want next day air. you ask them to pay the fees, they don't because it costs them (duhhhhh that's why I asked). It's never enough to make the majority of buyers happy. I mean if I'm spending $100's on an item, I'm not trying to get over someone a few bucks with fees or something.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 88 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 88 37.6%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 38 16.2%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads