• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

SF Cribs: The places behind the clothes

LabelKing

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by MetroStyles
Y'alls places are weak, smalltimers.

Here's a shot of my crib, circa 2009.

2uol66w.jpg

I thought you were a big-time I-Banker.

Pezzaturra

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Wow! The totem poles are awesome. The peeling stucco is so cool. Take good photos of everything you might want to frame them later.
Could you post more photos of the outside structures? What is the structure with the bell ?
What do you want to do with a second floor perimeter gallery? Are you going to close the floor or leave it in its loft form?
I am seriously jealous of your house, it has so much gravitas.

kwilkinson

Having a Ball
Reaction score
Originally Posted by gomestar
my first NYC place was a studio. Tiny.

My current place is still tiny, but at least it has 3 separate rooms (living room, kitchen/dining area, bedroom)

My Chicago place was ridiculously small. 300 sq ft, including bathroom & closet space. Now I have a 1400 sq ft two bedroom with an enormous kitchen, but it actually costs less than my apt in Chicago. I'm getting ready to move into a small (1600 sq ft) house, which is going to cost less than my 2BR apt. Real estate is crazy.

Stazy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by LabelKing
I thought you were a big-time I-Banker.

He is. That's an original print of "The Great Wave off Kanagawa" hanging on the wall.
laugh.gif

Kique

Reaction score
I love your house Douglas. Does it have a courtyard? Looking at the 4th pic you posted, it looks like theres an open space to the left of the outside fireplace where the gate is. Hard to tell.

Night Owl

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Douglas
I have alluded a few times to a new project I'm working on - it's a total re-model of an older (1928) house in Baltimore City. I'm essentially gutting a lot of the inside, tearing out a secondary stairwell and a bathroom to make room for a normal kitchen/den up to 21st century norms, and a lot of the bedrooms and all the bathrooms are being totally re-configured, in addition to all kinds of boring stuff like storm windows, new HVAC, plumbing, electrical, lighting, roof and structural work, etc etc. The house hasn't really been properly lived in for 30 years or so, besides very temporary renters now and then. Anyways, more photos will follow in probably 6 months when we've wrapped everything up (still haggling out details with the architect and contractor right now), but for now here's a sneak preview of the bones we have to work with. Sorry for the large-ish images, I didn't intend for them to come out this big:

streetview.jpg

not bad, dont cheap out on the driveway this time

username79

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Y'alls places are weak, smalltimers. Here's a shot of my crib, circa 2009.
2uol66w.jpg

I really hope this a joke. Are you in school? This looks like a college dorm room in need of cleaning.

Piobaire

Not left of center?
Reaction score
Douglas and Roy, great stuff. You both should be proud of your dwellings. Looking forward to seeing the final result, Douglas.

gomestar

Super Yelper
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Piobaire
your dwellings.

very good architect speak. Throw in some extra words like "void", "negative space" and "layers" and you'll be all set.

Piobaire

Not left of center?
Reaction score
laugh.gif

Don't forget, "architecturally significant features" and such.

MetroStyles

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by username79
I really hope this a joke. Are you in school? This looks like a college dorm room in need of cleaning.

Nope. I despise paying high rent for a nice building so I skimp out at $1450 for a studio. It definitely was in need of a cleaning at the time. That's not the entire studio but it is most of the living area.

Stazy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Nope. I despise paying high rent for a nice building so I skimp out at $1450 for a studio. It definitely was in need of a cleaning at the time. That's not the entire studio but it is most of the living area.

$1450 a month!?!

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 36.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 59 39.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 15 10.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 26 17.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 26 17.3%

Forum statistics

Threads