• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The official thrift/discount store bragging thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nataku

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by frenchy
in my opinion they were,since im the one holding them in my hand.dont you have something to flip on ebay?

Nah, did that already. Feel free to check them out in my signature link!
bigstar[1].gif

Dr Huh?

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Almost brand new JOHNSTON & MURPHYS ARISTOCRAFTS 10.5 M worn maybe once,no heel wear whatsoever.can now be seen in B&S

"Maybe once"? Look at your shoes:

Now look at these new shoes:

1_22178_FS.JPG

There's no way your shoes have been "worn maybe once" or "are almost brand new". Unless the one time they were worn was during an intense marathon.

frenchy

In Time Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Dr Huh?
"Maybe once"? Look at your shoes: Now look at these new shoes:
1_22178_FS.JPG
There's no way your shoes have been "worn maybe once" or "are almost brand new". Unless the one time they were worn was during an intense marathon.

jesus christ are you over it...dont take it so literall,YES they look almost brand new using the "used shoes scale" have you seen some of the **** that people post where they think they are in good condition? i own MANY pairs of shoes mostly cheaneys,and i know what a sole/heel looks like when you wear it more then once or twice...okay 3 times.satisfied?

Trapp

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Found a heavy leather NWOT RRL belt today at a goodwill. Kind of a strange design though..not one of their vintage models and the configuration and small buckle made me wonder if was a women's belt. Will post pics shortly (and may post in the RRL thread to get some answers).

seanpatrickb

Reaction score
Had the day off so spent the afternoon thrifting. Live in a pretty hopeless area as far as thrifting goes, but still managed to find some good stuff. A soft BB black/grey herringbone coat, Gant shirt, Charcoal Pendleton pants that are probably getting sold(a bit too big), and a reversible Bally's belt. Also saw an amazing red/black cashmere herringbone Etro tie, but it was too beat up to be saved. Was only $2 too, oh well. Saw a few Gant and Gitman shirts too that I passed over.

mike540

Reaction score
my unfortunate streak of finding beautifull orphaned suit coats in my size continues...
todays heartbreak was a super 120s/cashmere blend, charcoal pinstripe, double breasted, surgeons cuff Isaia. I've never found Isaia before.
baldy[1].gif

Originally Posted by mike540
A good but frustrating few days.

The frustrating: 3 awesome suits, a Zegna charcoal pinstripe, a fantastic Lou Myles charcoal chalkstripe heavy flannel double breasted and a gorgeous Pal Zileri Abito navy pinstripe single breasted peak lapel all in mint condition, all my size...... and all missing the pants
frown.gif

mystillwater

Reaction score
jesus christ are you over it...dont take it so literall,YES they look almost brand new using the "used shoes scale" have you seen some of the **** that people post where they think they are in good condition?
i own MANY pairs of shoes mostly cheaneys,and i know what a sole/heel looks like when you wear it more then once or twice...okay 3 times.satisfied?

http://www.mentalhelp.net/poc/view_d...id=9852&cn=353

we're a peaceful bunch. if you want to brag about your shoes to us, at least be nice.

Despot

Reaction score
Found some Dexter Navigators Made in USA. Not sure how old they are but have the knot on the leather instead of the new wierd symbol.
They were nicely broken in and fit amazing the soles are in great shape. Paid $10. I love them!

tsaltzma

Reaction score
Originally Posted by mike540
my unfortunate streak of finding beautifull orphaned suit coats in my size continues...
todays heartbreak was a super 120s/cashmere blend, charcoal pinstripe, double breasted, surgeons cuff Isaia. I've never found Isaia before.
baldy[1].gif

Just this last weekend I saw the same thing at one of my regular stops. They had about 10 Zegnas, 3 Oxxfords, and a few Hickeys, all of which were gone a couple days later. You'll probably see some ebayer selling a bunch of orphaned jackets soon.

greekgeek

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The pros will always pick the the places clean of anything remotely valuable.

cptjeff

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by tsaltzma
Just this last weekend I saw the same thing at one of my regular stops. They had about 10 Zegnas, 3 Oxxfords, and a few Hickeys, all of which were gone a couple days later. You'll probably see some ebayer selling a bunch of orphaned jackets soon.

Did you check the pants section? Sometimes suits get separated, but remain together in the same store.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads