• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Random fashion thoughts

Status
Not open for further replies.

the shah

OG Yamamoto
Reaction score
^ yo how is that apc jacket did it arrive ?

hendrix

Thor Smash
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Fighter Mentality
damn, I just found the kangaroos in a size 12 on Ebay (US) for $850.

how is the sizing, homie?

****, WHAT TO DO. WHAT TO DO!

**** bro i didn't think you'd be one to drop $850 on some boots.

Job must be going well huh?

snake

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by scott.m
it's your only hope to get them for under $1,000.

**** wait, are you kent money? ****.

lol8[1].gif

chronoaug

Boston Hipster (Dropkick Murphy)
Reaction score
Originally Posted by LA Guy
Chicago, for me, has a freshness that NYC does not. The great thing about NYC is that you can get pretty much anything there - food, entertainment, clothes, you name it, it's probably obtainable, and probably there are 10 good places for the same thing within a few blocks. The problem is, that there are 10 good places for the same thing within a few blocks. This means that every place has to express it's identity with the equivalent of stage makeup. Your identity has to be so pronounced that it broadcasts itself to the world, or risks getting lost. So, if you have an Americana styled restaurant, it's pretty much got to have a resident lumberjack. Atelier is monolithically goth ninja, including owners and sales clerks who look like they are auditioning to be in The Seventh Seal. "Eclectic" means that it looks like a scene out of a Tim Burton movie. Same goes for people. LES people look like hipsters are supposed to look. Wall Street people look like suits. There is no nuance. In Chicago, LA, where everything is spread further apart, or in a smaller market like Boston, where you can't cater to one specific client, the stores and restaurants have those little incongruities (like DSquared hanging next to Dries van Noten, next to some old Converse and some random Puma shoes,) which make things feel more alive.

Yea, i do kinda like that about boston. You can get a real wide variety of people in backbay, harvardsq, or downtown/park ish. Lots of neighbordhoods as well albeit more a pain ********** to get to some. Also, public transit closing between 1230-1am really makes me sad more than anything. Such a pain ********** as i'm a cheap ass and HATE paying like $18after tip for a cab

Humperdink

Reaction score
Originally Posted by chronoaug
Yea, i do kinda like that about boston. You can get a real wide variety of people in backbay, harvardsq, or downtown/park ish. Lots of neighbordhoods as well albeit more a pain ********** to get to some. Also, public transit closing between 1230-1am really makes me sad more than anything. Such a pain ********** as i'm a cheap ass and HATE paying like $18after tip for a cab

Depending on where you are and how drunk you are, just walk it. Strolling around Boston at 2:30 in the morning is always a good way to clear your head.

scott.m

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
i'm up for meet ups most of the time.

chronoaug

Boston Hipster (Dropkick Murphy)
Reaction score
unless you live in the same place it's a pain with the exception of large parties like farinelli xmas party 2xmases ago or the big seattle meetup when socal and someone else was in town and like 5 SFers live there anyways. Even for me where it's only 4hours from NYC i'd have to pay for bus to and from (4-5hours), then probably eating out and drinking out, then hotel/hostel for 1-2nights, plus other miscellaneous things like subway/cab. Plus i'd have to juggle my schedule around (my schedule is inconsistent and often weekends). Would love to meetup in nyc but it's definitely a pain and gets kinda pricey

NYC happened in a small scale at the self edge party this past year as well as people meeting up for Capsule.

I'd be down for a boston meetup i guess (need notification a few weeks ahead so i can move my work schedule around). The only problem is there are only like 3 sw&d people i know from boston. A few MCers though. Also, no realy meeting place. Drinkwaters isn't exactly the drunken haven that Farinellis has been in the past.

constant struggle

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I would imagine there has to be a decent amount of people on here in/around NYC or in/around boston...

Of course it is definitely tough if you don't live in the area... (I don't live in boston, but I have a place to stay for free there, and go there every so often)

Doesn't need to be a farinelli's type meetup, aka all go to a store and get trashed... we can definitely hit up all the good stores/get some food/some drink/cause some trouble/walk around/etc...

Vashin

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I met scott over the weekend in nyc but didn't really get to chill as he was working.

shoreman1782

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by constant struggle
I would imagine there has to be a decent amount of people on here in/around NYC or in/around boston...

Of course it is definitely tough if you don't live in the area... (I don't live in boston, but I have a place to stay for free there, and go there every so often)

Doesn't need to be a farinelli's type meetup, aka all go to a store and get trashed... we can definitely hit up all the good stores/get some food/some drink/cause some trouble/walk around/etc...

Dunno dude. Sounds pretty gay.

L1020966.jpg

sq4you

Mid-level baller
Reaction score
^ Haha. There's an old coworker of mine on the right in the grey sweater. Lol
is that ARW in the middle being bashful & gay?

scott.m

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
selfedge party was damn awesome.

edit: gravitas has seen me scale walls before and throw goth ninja clothes all over myself.

Nil

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Damn it. Yoox sent me the wrong size Number (N)ine jacket. I first cursed the tiny Japanese people before realizing the sizing mistake. I think they only had two jackets also, which is now sold out, so they probably sent that other guy mine.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads