• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Should I or shouldn't I buy... (clothing item)?

Gagno905

Reaction score
Iron Heart 301S Worth it? I've got a pair of nudie slim jims right now and I'm looking to step it up.

dunkin

Reaction score
this is more of a vs.....clothing item vs. xbox 360

iron heart cordura jacket in gray
ih_cordura_gray_01.jpg

or xbox 360 Splinter Cell pacakge

51XMPtWLJGL._SS350_.jpg

really want both but i just paid a crap load in taxes
facepalm.gif

scott.m

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
yeah i'm sorry but xbox totally takes the cake over a glorified windbreaker.

dunkin

Reaction score
rescuing my kidnapped daughter is not unproductive!!!!
tinfoil.gif

Superb0bo

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Another one for the X-box.
Im playing the force unleashed right now. Would probably not say that it is "underrated", but it has me looking forward to a more polished/open part 2.

Nil

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Force Unleashed, while simple, is amazingly fun. I still play that first level over occasionally so I can toss people into chasms and just generally wreak ****.

sipang

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
jil-sander-spring-2009-footwear--2.jpg
JS from S/S 09. Not sure about the colors. I'd buy the black/navy version in a hearbeat but those I don't know, a little too old people/orthopedic shoes maybe. Hmmm... What say you, SF ?

snake

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
^ I'd pass on those, not really digging the sole. dunkin - The jacket looks unremarkable, get the 360
smile.gif

DLester

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Gagno905
Iron Heart 301S

Worth it? I've got a pair of nudie slim jims right now and I'm looking to step it up.

quality is high. top block is a bit roomy for slim jeans. they may not be for you if you are prone to hip flare. Many people sizing down 1 wish they sized down 2. Denim is heavy and will fit and feel completely different from lighter weight denim.

Kvc06

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by sipang
jil-sander-spring-2009-footwear--2.jpg

JS from S/S 09. Not sure about the colors. I'd buy the black/navy version in a hearbeat but those I don't know, a little too old people/orthopedic shoes maybe. Hmmm...

What say you, SF ?

not diggin these

snake

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by DLester
quality is high. top block is a bit roomy for slim jeans. they may not be for you if you are prone to hip flare. Many people sizing down 1 wish they sized down 2. Denim is heavy and will fit and feel completely different from lighter weight denim.

I would agree with this. Mine were nice and snug in the waist yet roomy in the thigh (which created a slight hip flare). I only sized down one but doubt I could have gone lower. It was already prety tight in the waist. In the end I just didn't like the way they fit on me. I'm pretty skinny though, so if you have larger thighs it might work out ok.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads