• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

***Finally an Official Baller sneaker thread ($300 minimum)***

Listi

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Robert
Hey, come on. I like baller sneakers too! I'm not going to automatically like them just because they're in this thread, but I have liked some of what I've seen. I'm sure if you've got an open mind, you probably like some cheaper sneakers, too.
I like some cheaper sneakers, sure:
albin.jpg
Shape looks odd from that angle, but it's really not:
pf-flyers-albin-spring-2009-10.jpg
But most of the ones that have been posted I don't like.

Robert

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
PF Flyers?

Listi

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Indeed, Albin.

LA Guy

Opposite Santa
Admin
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Robert
By "worst leather," how so? (And no, Teger, I'm not asking because of the cheap price...)

The color flakes. Very easily. It's corrected grain leather of the worst sort. Essentially, the color is applied by applying a thin coat of painting on a ************* leather. The only consolation one should take is that I've seen the Cole-Haan wingtips at Nordstroms for $225 that were made out of leather that essentially looked like plastic. Actual plastic.

Good, aniline dyed leather, top grain leather holds a great patina and will age well. And no, it doesn't have to cost a fortune. Vasque Sundowner boots are semi-technical boots made with more gegaws than any pair of sneakers I have, and they cost under $200.

AR_Six

"Sookie!"
Reaction score
^Just saw the same thing, Cole Haan wise, at Holts. Insanely whack, especially sitting right next to the Lobbs they just started stocking this season (not the greatest Lobbs, but still crushing everything else on their rack including the Tom Fords).

ahjota

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Listi, do you have those tan Albins? Wish I could've found those in my size. In any case I have a pair of the white wrinkled patents coming my way.

Robert

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Originally Posted by LA Guy
The color flakes. Very easily. It's corrected grain leather of the worst sort. Essentially, the color is applied by applying a thin coat of painting on a ************* leather. The only consolation one should take is that I've seen the Cole-Haan wingtips at Nordstroms for $225 that were made out of leather that essentially looked like plastic. Actual plastic.

Good, aniline dyed leather, top grain leather holds a great patina and will age well. And no, it doesn't have to cost a fortune. Vasque Sundowner boots are semi-technical boots made with more gegaws than any pair of sneakers I have, and they cost under $200.

I see. Thanks.

sq4you

Mid-level baller
Reaction score
Originally Posted by shahanshah
i would get them in other colors but this was pretty nice
00100m.jpg

those lanvins are from aw 07 i believe. they are incredible in that runway pic.

thinking about copping these but they are 1200 msrp.
2.jpg

sq4you

Mid-level baller
Reaction score
just put in offer on black rafs on ebay. thanks for the tip jdmay

A Fellow Linguist

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
RU6886.jpg
What do people think of the new rick dunks? Slightly sleeker, less bulky. It kinda reminds me of the Scion xB, when it changed form the original box design to the new rounder one; the idea's still there, but it's kinda half assed. Black w/ white sole ones can be seen in the back, as well.

bakatora

Reaction score
i was just told by a seller that a lanvin 8 in a pair of black patent high tops would fit me as a 10.5. is sizing that different across models/seasons?

Big Pun

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Teger
robert stfu you're 45 years old and apparently haven't learned that people can spend their money how they desire. you desire to buy 50000 ugly items from j crew while sq4u buys 2 pairs of lanvins on deep discount. also if were 45 and didn't have $200 in disposable income i'd probably kill myself. fyi.
hahaha

Also I'm pretty sure Brobert is like 55.

Ive been wearing PF Flyer Albins, Chucks, and Raf by Raf sneakers alot lately.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads