• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Ask A Question, Get An Answer... - Post All Quick Questions Here (Classic menswear)

aj_del

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Which are the SF approved online MTM shirt makers ?

Thanks for your responses

daruma

Reaction score
aj del: I like JR's stuff. SF member bbaquiran is a personal friend of his. Not SF approved but at $150 for any style, any fabric, any details and any measurements shipped, imo he should be. I am getting a suit done and have read somewhere that lapel width should be same/similar to tie width. Any truth to this?

rahul

Reaction score
Originally Posted by EZETHATSME
Someone mentioned this, but "SPREZZ" is good, or alternately you could use "SPREZ"

EZ

Does this work:
SPRZ2R

slimshady

Reaction score
Can I wear this shoe http://imgur.com/zFYqe.jpg with a charcoal black suit for an interview?

zFYqe.jpg

Thank you.

SpooPoker

Internet Bigtimer and Most Popular Man on Campus
Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by slimshady
Can I wear this shoe http://imgur.com/zFYqe.jpg with a charcoal black suit for an interview?

zFYqe.jpg

Thank you.

That shoe should not be worn with anything.

First of all, welcome to SF with your first post. However, there are much better brands that offer a more classic style for your money. Search for Allen Edmonds, or Cole Haan for a starter shoe, or search the B&S board here or eBay for a gently worn better shoe that will last you longer and give you more flexibility. Good luck.

Master-Classter

Distinguished Member
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score

dahotone

Reaction score
I am looking for a cheap well-constructed slim-fit suit

Any suggestions??

Master-Classter

Distinguished Member
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Originally Posted by dahotone
cheap well-constructed
ahem...

either spend around $100-300 at H&M, Zara, Uniqlo, JCrew Club Monaco, etc and it'll be relatively slim, poor construction, but cheap.

or spend $400-600 and get some so so Made to Measure like Thick as Theives or hunt around for a good deal on the buy and sell here, or maybe ebay (lots of crap though). Check your measurements very carefully when buying online.

Ammanas

Reaction score
Originally Posted by dahotone
I am looking for a cheap well-constructed slim-fit suit

Any suggestions??

DKNY, check Macy's. On sale around $300.

Make sure its 100% wool (a couple of this years suits are 80/20 wool/polyester).

dah328

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Ammanas
DKNY, check Macy's. On sale around $300.

Make sure its 100% wool (a couple of this years suits are 80/20 wool/polyester).

Those are not well-constructed.

aj_del

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
What color shoes would go with grey-blue pants like the one below
gp539850-02p01v01.jpg

patrickBOOTH

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by aj_del
What color shoes would go with grey-blue pants like the one below

gp539850-02p01v01.jpg

It's a neutral color, you can pretty much get away with wearing any color shoes with them.

jason.wu.05.09

Reaction score
My old wallet's been with me for about five (maybe six?) years, but it's starting to fray a bit around the edges. Anyone have recommendations on leather goods makers? I'd like to get something that will last a long time, but will be a fairly slim wallet, i.e. bi-fold.

dah328

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Ammanas
I'd appreciate it if you'd elaborate.
Heavy, stiff fusing in the jacket and low-quality fabrics. It's perhaps not the worst at that particular price point, but certainly not something that would qualify as well-constructed.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 89 36.9%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.6%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads