• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Naked and famous denim

jaychiz

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
picked up red wefts and ordered a natural thick belt from Revolve, happy!

obeserabbit

Reaction score
Originally Posted by jaychiz
picked up red wefts and ordered a natural thick belt from Revolve, happy!

i was also thinking of getting that belt, let us know how it is when you receive it
smile.gif

Nopike343

Reaction score
I'm thinking about getting these as a warm weather jean.
http://www.barneys.com/Slim%20Guy/50...efault,pd.html

Can anyone tell me:
1 How is the slim guys sizing should I go TTS or size down?
2) Are the pockets really long like nudies or are they fairly normal, I can't tell from the pics.
3) Know any place I can get a better deal on these?

Captain Winky

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Nopike343
I'm thinking about getting these as a warm weather jean.
http://www.barneys.com/Slim%20Guy/50...efault,pd.html

Can anyone tell me:
1 How is the slim guys sizing should I go TTS or size down?
2) Are the pockets really long like nudies or are they fairly normal, I can't tell from the pics.
3) Know any place I can get a better deal on these?

I don't think the Slim Guy is particularly slim, especially from the knee down (won't be able to stack these). Ever tried either the Skinny or Weird? If so, go same size as Weird, one up from Skinny.

I'd use revolveclothing.com, I ordered a pair of Weird Guys from them this morning and right now "chictopia20" is good for 20% off, plus you can order a few sizes, try, and return for free.

Nopike343

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Captain Winky
I don't think the Slim Guy is particularly slim, especially from the knee down (won't be able to stack these). Ever tried either the Skinny or Weird? If so, go same size as Weird, one up from Skinny.

I'd use revolveclothing.com, I ordered a pair of Weird Guys from them this morning and right now "chictopia20" is good for 20% off, plus you can order a few sizes, try, and return for free.

Thanks, but that's as slim as I really want to go. I like a jean that covers my shoe. . Might use that 20% off to get a N&F belt though.

Captain Winky

Reaction score
Thanks, but that's as slim as I really want to go. I like a jean that covers my shoe. . Might use that 20% off to get a N&F belt though.

I'm confused, you're saying they're too slim or too big? What jeans do you currently own, maybe it will be possible to draw an appropriate comparison. Depending on size and information source, the leg opening appears to be anywhere from 16.5-18in. Won't completely cover a shoe, but it will cover much of a Converse or Vans sneaker. Definitely too wide to stack w/o looking weird, like I said.

Nopike343

Reaction score
I recently purchased Jean shop rocker and Acme mic in raw. I like the fit of both but they are too heavy for summer wear. I also really like the fact they have zipper flies I think button flies are a real pain. That is why I like that N&F jean I selected. But I will be using the 20% off to get a belt and some shoes so I really appreciate that info. The weird guys are worth considering, it appears that the cuts for the weird guys vary depending on the denim being used. How do they fit would I order TTS like my normal jeans or do I size down?

Captain Winky

Reaction score
I recently purchased Jean shop rocker and Acme mic in raw. I like the fit of both but they are too heavy for summer wear. I also really like the fact they have zipper flies I think button flies are a real pain. That is why I like that N&F jean I selected. But I will be using the 20% off to get a belt and some shoes so I really appreciate that info. The weird guys are worth considering, it appears that the cuts for the weird guys vary depending on the denim being used. How do they fit would I order TTS like my normal jeans or do I size down?

I think the Slim Guy is right in between the Mic and the Rocker in terms of leg fullness. The Weird Guy tapers significantly more. I would order the same size Weird or Slim as I do the Mic.

jaychiz

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
i checked it out in person at a local store, it's thiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiick, like i wouldn't be surprised if someone found leftover meat or something still stuck on it

size up 2 from your actual waist, or at least 4 from your N&F denim size

Captain Winky

Reaction score
Was it the pairs with the donut buttons that had the problems with buttons popping off? Just received a pair that I ordered and I want to make sure I'm getting the newer version, with the former problems corrected.

guyferguson

Affiliate vendor
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Captain Winky
Was it the pairs with the donut buttons that had the problems with buttons popping off? Just received a pair that I ordered and I want to make sure I'm getting the newer version, with the former problems corrected.

The buttons that were popping off were the N&F branded ones. They are mostly phased out at this point i would think.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.9%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 89 37.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 39 16.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 37 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads