• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Best Shoe Brand under $300

Michael1981

Reaction score
Wanted to see what members here thought were the best brand of shoes under $300. I can only think of Cole Haan as the brand that is able to sell a decent shoe under $300.

Another brand I see here in Canada is Luca Del Forte but don't know alot about them

MrG

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by srivats
Another vote for Allen Edmonds. Also, Trickers from their ebay store.

Another one here.

jbharris88

Reaction score
I happen to like Cole Haans but a lot of SFers don't. You have to judge each shoe on its own merit and not by the brand when it comes to them. Generally the higher end styles are good quality but may be over $300.

emakris

Reaction score
Originally Posted by greekgeek
Allen Edmonds Edward Green
Edward Green for under $300? Edit: Could someone please tell me where do they get shoes at such low prices?

Michael1981

Reaction score
Was looking for $300 and under at Retail. AE are $400+ here in Toronto.

Was also looking for something that looks a bit more European than the classic AE last.

dragon8

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Michael1981
Was looking for $300 and under at Retail. AE are $400+ here in Toronto.

Was also looking for something that looks a bit more European than the classic AE last.

In San Francisco, there is a store on Kearney street that has them on sale all the time for under $200

GiltEdge

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by jbharris88
I happen to like Cole Haans but a lot of SFers don't. You have to judge each shoe on its own merit and not by the brand when it comes to them. Generally the higher end styles are good quality but may be over $300.

Agreedv
devil.gif

GiltEdge

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
If you can score Cole Haan Collection on sale for under $300 its a good deal. They start at $295 MSRP though. Solid shoes. I think for $295 they are as good as Ferregamo's basic shoes.

sportin_life

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I also am a fan of Cole Haan, in particular their Nike Air line. They are the most comfortable shoes for me when I'm on my feet all day (I'm in healthcare) outside of Danskos.

For more dressy shoes, I would say Allen Edmonds. But I find them a lot less comfortable than my Cole Haans (in both fit and design).

emptym

Reaction score
Alfred Sargent Premier line, minus VAT, shipped to the US.

jc138

Reaction score
Originally Posted by emptym
Alfred Sargent Premier line, minus VAT, shipped to the US.
I might have to check these out. For less than $300 my vote is loake 1880s, but I am biased a bit just because they seem to fit my foot pretty well.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 36.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 59 38.8%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 11.2%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 26 17.1%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 26 17.1%

Staff online

Forum statistics