• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The streetwear shoes and boots thread...No sneakers please

Jr Mouse

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by jet
you shouldn't really have high expectations for a hundred dollar shoe

I don't, but am curious anyways.

jet

Persian Bro
Reaction score
I think he said it was decent, I don't think he would have bought them if they weren't since he has a lot nicer shoes as well.

Jr Mouse

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by jet
I think he said it was decent, I don't think he would have bought them if they weren't since he has a lot nicer shoes as well.

Yeah I have seen his huge PS collection. Really nice stuff.

I think I am going to buy a pair from Nordstroms and try them out. They look great and $100 is not bad.

Jr Mouse

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by baba booey
Any sheep knows that price always determines quality...

Does it always? No. Do shoes happen to be one of the areas that price can be a big indicator of quality? Yes.

baba booey

Reaction score
Originally Posted by JMRouse
Does it always? No. Do shoes happen to be one of the areas that price can be a big indicator of quality? Yes.
I agree with you. My comment was supposed to be sarcastic. Some people think you always need to pay out the ass to get quality.

dls6128

Reaction score

I think he was being sarcastic...

RFX45

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Quality on the 1901 Nordstrom bucks aren't bad, I had a few notes to use also so it made it even better. Considering their price and how seasonal the style is, I would say they will hold up well for it's seasonal wear. They are very comfortable though, the insole is extra padded and it feels like standing on a pillow so that was a big plus for me. I've only worn it once so it's hard to say how well it will hold up but so far so good.
smile.gif

I would highly suggest checking it out in person so you can judge for yourself but these works for me for the price I paid and the fact that I have plenty of other shoes in my rotation so it might hold up better since it won't get as much wear as others may put it through.

Jr Mouse

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by baba booey
I agree with you. My comment was supposed to be sarcastic. Some people think you always need to pay out the ass to get quality.

Damn Internet and how easy it is to pick up tone.
laugh.gif

Ok cool then.

jet

Persian Bro
Reaction score
JMR, the du who made that post is a butthurt barney listen to rfx.

chomeo

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Stylin-1
Do you have any pics sans zip? Seems like there'd be a huge gap there without.

here's some pics of the Esquivel Battalion without the zip. sorry i couldnt get around to it until now.

L1020677.jpg

L1020676.jpg

L1020674.jpg

L1020673.jpg

L1020671.jpg

Jr Mouse

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
If anyone is still interested in those N.D.C. Made by Hand lace up boots that blynch posted pics of earlier you can actually still purchase them from Yoox even through they no longer list them with normal means (sale section was taken down). I was web surfing last night and I noticed that a Banner ad from Yoox showed them. Click it and it took me here: http://www.yoox.com/item.asp?cod10=4...gn=shopping_us I guess their ad system is behind the main page's inventory. They are a good deal at $250 and I am trying to see if I can make a move on a pair by the end of the week. Not many sizes left, but they do have a couple in 13.
smile.gif

snake

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by chomeo
here's some pics of the Esquivel Battalion without the zip. sorry i couldnt get around to it until now.

http://i153.photobucket.com/albums/s233/chomeoworld/L1020677.jpg[/IMG

[IMG]http://i153.photobucket.com/albums/s233/chomeoworld/L1020676.jpg[/IMG

[IMG]http://i153.photobucket.com/albums/s233/chomeoworld/L1020674.jpg[/IMG

[IMG]http://i153.photobucket.com/albums/s233/chomeoworld/L1020673.jpg[/IMG

[IMG]http://i153.photobucket.com/albums/s233/chomeoworld/L1020671.jpg[/IMG[/I]

Those look fantastic, where did you pick them up?

Stylin-1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
If anyone is still interested in those N.D.C. Made by Hand lace up boots that blynch posted pics of earlier you can actually still purchase them from Yoox even through they no longer list them with normal means (sale section was taken down). I was web surfing last night and I noticed that a Banner ad from Yoox showed them. Click it and it took me here: http://www.yoox.com/item.asp?cod10=4...gn=shopping_us

I guess their ad system is behind the main page's inventory. They are a good deal at $250 and I am trying to see if I can make a move on a pair by the end of the week. Not many sizes left, but they do have a couple in 13.
smile.gif

Wish someone would return a black pair in size 43. Either the distressed or non distressed.
Originally Posted by snake
Those look fantastic, where did you pick them up?

Yes, those are sick. Too rich for my blood though; my limit's 500 bucks.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.9%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 89 37.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 39 16.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 37 15.4%

Staff online

Forum statistics