• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The WAYWT Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

db_ggmm

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The color palette of the outfit is exactly the same as one I have been struggling with for a couple of weeks now. White, dark blue, and that exact gray. I seriously cannot tell if it works or not. Totally clueless.

As far as the fit, it's perfectly inoffensive. I think I can see what Eason is referring to, but that is only because the jeans are flattened across the front. A simple tug at the shin should fix it. No?

robin

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Eason is just trying to get everyone into skin tight jeans like his.

sq4you

Mid-level baller
Reaction score
i agree with eason. the shirt and pants look fine but the shoes are too narrow for those jeans. tapered jeans would look way better with those shoes. like nudie thin finns or something

the shoes are really cool though. they remind me of my low lanvins

KitAkira

Wait! Wait! I gots an opinion!
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Eason
^^actually I really like those CP's, but CP's are a slim shoe, your jeans are fitted around the thigh, pinch at the knee, flare out at the calf, and pinch again at the shoe. Maybe it's because they're new and stiff, but boots would be the way to go with those jeans IMO.
I think they could benefit from .5"-1" of taper from the knee down

Eason

Bicurious Racist
Reaction score
Originally Posted by robin
Thanks for clarifying this, I actually edited out the part of my original post where I talked about changing into some ******* tight ****, maybe with some leather and buckles to make sure he's ready to **** like I am, my ****'s so tight, gonna make you my hooker.

tonio028

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Eason
^^actually I really like those CP's, but CP's are a slim shoe, your jeans are fitted around the thigh, pinch at the knee, flare out at the calf, and pinch again at the shoe. Maybe it's because they're new and stiff, but boots would be the way to go with those jeans IMO.
I know a cuff would help clean the slight stacks which would probably help but the jeans are definitely still stiff as this is only about the 5th wear or so. The pic was taken first thing before work so they do rise a bit as they bunch behind the knee after wear during the day. The hem opening is 8" which I think it right on the slim straight to straight side. I have a few jeans with narrower hems (at about 7.5") and agree they work a bit better with those, but that's as narrow as I go with jeans. Ihought they looked fine here generally, but if I was nitpicking I can see what you're saying.
Originally Posted by db_ggmm
The color palette of the outfit is exactly the same as one I have been struggling with for a couple of weeks now. White, dark blue, and that exact gray. I seriously cannot tell if it works or not. Totally clueless. As far as the fit, it's perfectly inoffensive. I think I can see what Eason is referring to, but that is only because the jeans are flattened across the front. A simple tug at the shin should fix it. No?
It works for me. Is it the grey shoes that you have the most hard time with? I know I did at first since I was used to mostly white sneaks, but I starting liking grey more as a change to the norm. Yeah with wear I think the hem will work itself out. They are a slim profile shoe that play well to narrower hems, but with a slightly larger hem, can see how one might see them as starting to get swallowed up I guess.
Originally Posted by robin
Haha. He does love him some tight jeans.
Originally Posted by sq4you
i agree with eason. the shirt and pants look fine but the shoes are too narrow for those jeans. tapered jeans would look way better with those shoes. like nudie thin finns or something the shoes are really cool though. they remind me of my low lanvins
I agree that narrower hems play better with the slim shoe profile. I owned numerous CP's and could never settle on the model I liked best, but when I saw these in my size on the B&S I jumped at 'em and I'm glad I did. I really dig the suede with leather cap toe. Not baller status like your Lanvin's but definitely a grown man's Chucks.
Originally Posted by KitAkira
I think they could benefit from .5"-1" of taper from the knee down
Eh. I have jeans with narrower hems, so I wanted a pair that was slightly larger. Paired with beefier shoes and boots or my brogues, they work great for me.

aeglus

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Tooch4321
solid fit as usual...who makes the pants?
muji cotton pants from last summer

Originally Posted by chronoaug
Yea, i have one of those oc x uniqlo shirts from last year (different color pattern) and i don't think i've worn it more than twice. I need to just sell it but i'm a hoarder
Definitely the hardest shirt to pull off without looking too much like a k-pop singer, but when it's right it looks pretty cool.

Originally Posted by Fuuma

Silk/cotton long jacket: Ann Demeulemeester (the back is also made of the same silk as the lining and accessorized with two horizontal straps, really cool piece)
Pocket square: Ann Demeulemeester (this is actually an Ann menswear show invitation from a few seasons ago)
Light alpaga sweater: Ann Demeulemeester
Jeans: Cloak
Trainers: Rick Owens

full requote since it's awesome
Originally Posted by jet
fuuma not feelin this with the sneaks broham and too much black

My feeling with Ricks is that usually another footwear choice would look better but then it's not as interesting or fun to talk about.

db_ggmm

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
What bothers me at home is the shade of grey. I hesitate to wear that shade of grey with a white shirt, basically. If I'm wearing a non-white tee, I don't care, but it came up because I'm seriously thinking of wearing a Hanes tee every day this summer. But if no one else has this color issue, it's just in my head.

Let me ask you this about the jeans vs shoes since it has become a mini-debate. What size shoes do you wear? If you say 9, I'm going to lean towards a 7.0 - 7.5 hem. If you say 11, your hem is fine, the jeans just need a tug at the shins.

Would anyone mind telling me CP sizing? 8 in chucks, 9 in adidas, 8.5 in nike, X in CP...

tonio028

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by db_ggmm
What bothers me at home is the shade of grey. I hesitate to wear that shade of grey with a white shirt, basically. If I'm wearing a non-white tee, I don't care, but it came up because I'm seriously thinking of wearing a Hanes tee every day this summer. But if no one else has this color issue, it's just in my head.

Let me ask you this about the jeans vs shoes since it has become a mini-debate. What size shoes do you wear? If you say 9, I'm going to lean towards a 7.0 - 7.5 hem. If you say 11, your hem is fine, the jeans just need a tug at the shins.

Would anyone mind telling me CP sizing? 8 in chucks, 9 in adidas, 8.5 in nike, X in CP...

I think it's fine, personally. For me it's black sneakers I feel I can't wear with anything, but that might be in my head. I think you're good.

My size is 8-9 depending on the shoe. If I wear these with my Alden Indy boots or my Red Wing GTs, the silhouette is much more on par and the hem is money. Smaller hems with those boots gives the Ronald McDonald effect, which I'm not fond of.

The CP's I have are a size 41 and I'm an 8.5 in Chucks/Clarks, 9 in Adidas and I think 9.5 in Nikes. It sounds like you might be a 40 or possibly a 41. CPs are narrow so even though you might get some extra room in the toe box, it won't feel that way given how narrow they are.

jet

Persian Bro
Reaction score
^what shoes J?

sq4you

Mid-level baller
Reaction score
yeah. so simple yet so awesome LK.

quasky

Reaction score
Originally Posted by nonissue
I know aveda get's a lot of hype, but the grooming clay is great and not greasy. provides just enough texture and hold too. I recall that you live in halifax(?), not sure if you can get aveda stuff there though.

+1. doesn't dry all shiny, and it smells nice, too.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.6%

Forum statistics

Threads