• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The WAYWT Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

sq4you

Mid-level baller
Reaction score
fuuma: sick. i agree with jet though...an off-white color shirt would look great. i hate overly-matching shoes with other accessories. i think it can make an entire fit look feminine.

Originally Posted by darkknight
geller1.jpg
geller2.jpg

now, those aren't awkward poses at all....

also, post pics inline to save space.

WhoKnewI

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Uncontrol
you prolly look bad then

seriously, ill fitting dumpy denim and a bad crew neck is what passes as a good fit?

chris come back

Ok Gackt.

Ga-vroche, that denim shirt is great. What brand?

Fuuma

Franchouillard Modasse
Reaction score
Guy, I know you think I'm matchy matchy but textures very enough (from the silky sheen of the blazer to the transparent gauze of the sweater going to the raw denim feel of the jeans) that it's not a problem. Aside from a few colourful pieces I pull out from time to time my wardrobe is black/white/grey anyway, not about to pull out many flashy pieces but I pay a lot of attention to materials...

JO3B

Reaction score
Originally Posted by jet
the double shirt thing seems like a jcrew thing to me

fuuma not feelin this with the sneaks broham and too much black

i think i'm gonna take credit for that before jcrew does.

nonissue

Reaction score
Originally Posted by JD_May
^Hey if I did that maybe I could get shot by the sartorialist! Yeah this is what girl who cuts my hair says, always tells me I need product. Just feels too greasy, even when it doesn't look like it.
I know aveda get's a lot of hype, but the grooming clay is great and not greasy. provides just enough texture and hold too. I recall that you live in halifax(?), not sure if you can get aveda stuff there though.

Eason

Bicurious Racist
Reaction score
Originally Posted by dragonxking
no school today, and breaking in some new jeans while tidying up around the house
ie451l.jpg
dmwsbm.jpg

I like that shirt, very cool material plus you finally got the fit right, mmm mmm are you ready for some of this?
Originally Posted by Synthese
Fuuma, nice. That coat is something else.
No, it's a coat. Or is it a jackal?

scott.m

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Jackal, It's A Jackal, Jackal, Jackal, Right?
IMPORTANT NOTICE: No media files are hosted on these forums. By clicking the link below you agree to view content from an external website. We can not be held responsible for the suitability or legality of this material. If the video does not play, wait a minute or try again later. I AGREE

TIP: to embed Youtube clips, put only the encoded part of the Youtube URL, e.g. eBGIQ7ZuuiU between the tags.

Listi

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Fuuma
Silk/cotton long jacket: Ann Demeulemeester (the back is also made of the same silk as the lining and accessorized with two horizontal straps, really cool piece) Pocket square: Ann Demeulemeester (this is actually an Ann menswear show invitation from a few seasons ago) Light alpaga sweater: Ann Demeulemeester Jeans: Cloak Trainers: Rick Owens
I'd have to say this is one of my fave fits I've seen in a long time. Coat is amazing.

tonio028

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Casual Friday:
100_3288.jpg
100_3294.jpg
Shirt: W+H White OCBD Jeans: Epaulet EP Smiths Shoes: Common Projects Shell Toe Grey Suede

Eason

Bicurious Racist
Reaction score
Shirt looks good but the fit on those jeans + the CPs look pretty bad

tonio028

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Eason
Shirt looks good but the fit on those jeans + the CPs look pretty bad

You think so? Why's that? Nice sig btw.

Eason

Bicurious Racist
Reaction score
^^actually I really like those CP's, but CP's are a slim shoe, your jeans are fitted around the thigh, pinch at the knee, flare out at the calf, and pinch again at the shoe. Maybe it's because they're new and stiff, but boots would be the way to go with those jeans IMO.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Forum statistics

Threads