• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Why does your college experience sound much better than mine?

ratboycom

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Svenn
lol, i'll be doing the same next week. a transpacific booty call to tokyo for a week.

fistbump.gif

MetroStyles

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by ratboycom
Oh, I will....
Also as it somewhat pertains to this thread. Metro joined me and a couple college friends at a really cheap izakaya last week and I got totally fuckin hammered. It was not wild but fun, though I was so hung over the next day and had homework so I couldnt attend "**** and Glitter: a Slutty Lingerie Birthday Party"

Thanks for showing me the darker side of Tokyo and letting me wander the hooker district.
laugh.gif

That Japanese chick was decent, Yuki I think. You should consider tapping it.

ratboycom

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Yeah, Yuki is cute, but she is dating one of my friends.

West24

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
i didnt have a wild time in college because i lived in the city with my parents and had a serious gf. now i still live with my parents but do a lot of partying and tonight am actually going to a wild university party. im saving money to be in europe next year and shall get even more wild.

username79

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Listi
wore some girl's heels at a party, been kicked out of a fast-food establishment, made out with a dude dressed as Jesus

Well, at least you're finding yourself.

username79

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by West24
i didnt have a wild time in college because i lived in the city with my parents and had a serious gf. now i still live with my parents but do a lot of partying and tonight am actually going to a wild university party. im saving money to be in europe next year and shall get even more wild.
Is this a joke?

anon

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by darnelled
Really?
I spent 80-100 hours/week either studying or working various rotations while in med-school, plus I was completely dependant on student loans (AKA Dirt Poor).

the way our classes are set up, we have exams in all of our classes at the same time (block scheduling), so after a week of exams, we have nothing to study. we party harddd

West24

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
how would it be a joke? i commuted to school so i didnt do the whole student housing thing, and i had a gf so i didnt do the whole sleeping around thing...now im single and have a job which means more money to do what i want etc.

poorsod

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by darnelled
Really?
I spent 80-100 hours/week either studying or working various rotations while in med-school, plus I was completely dependant on student loans (AKA Dirt Poor).

Originally Posted by anon
the way our classes are set up, we have exams in all of our classes at the same time (block scheduling), so after a week of exams, we have nothing to study. we party harddd

Anon = MSI. If he were MSII he'd be studying for Step 1 and getting his a$$ kicked. I put in 8-12 hours per day for 6-8 weeks straight studying for Step 1 and I promised myself if I had to do it again, I'd quit. BTW I did Step 1 when it was on pencil and paper and 2 days long.

OTOH if all you want is family practice, bottoms up.
cheers.gif

pseudonym

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by West24
how would it be a joke? i commuted to school so i didnt do the whole student housing thing, and i had a gf so i didnt do the whole sleeping around thing...now im single and have a job which means more money to do what i want etc.

Totally understand the whole commuting thing, but a serious gf for all 4 years of undergrad?

****, I couldn't imagine that. And I'm a freshman.

frown.gif

anon

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by poorsod
Anon = MSI. If he were MSII he'd be studying for Step 1 and getting his a$$ kicked. I put in 8-12 hours per day for 6-8 weeks straight studying for Step 1 and I promised myself if I had to do it again, I'd quit. BTW I did Step 1 when it was on pencil and paper and 2 days long.

OTOH if all you want is family practice, bottoms up.
cheers.gif

I guess we're easy to pick out
smile.gif

svelten

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Svenn
A lot of this 'college experience' crap is just being drunk... and self-describing oneself as having a 'crazy time.' I'm with you OP, college sucked and I was glad to get out of it. Thankfully for the more mature of us, college won't be the highlight of your life... I for one have had the opportunity to travel a lot, and getting involved with a few girls overseas and having experiences there has been a lot more thrilling and self-fulfilling than hanging around some ****** apartments or dorm rooms in some college town getting wasted. That being said, as Listi pointed out, I did purposefully avoid that stuff and I'm sure it could have been fun. American culture stresses the college years as supposedly the most exciting time in your life, and colleges fabricate themselves on that premise (4 years for BA? c'mon)... since the assumption was you were married once you graduated. I can't imagine ever getting married, much less insulting that institution by then later reminiscing about my bachelor years as some sort of 'golden age.' I think most men have a desire to get a exploratory period of their life out of their system... if you can't do it in college, do it after, or do it forever like a prurient frenchman.
This may be one of my favorite posts of all time on this forum, even though I partook in the vices it identifies. The difference is I wholly regret the wasted years and should have spent more time enriching myself rather than my alcohol tolerance.

West24

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by pseudonym
Totally understand the whole commuting thing, but a serious gf for all 4 years of undergrad?

****, I couldn't imagine that. And I'm a freshman.

frown.gif

well it was from gr 11 to second year. yeah it was tough sometimes. but i didnt go to university i went to a college in toronto, its different then in the states. so i did 3 year and there isnt much of a party scene with colleges etc. especially in the city.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.3%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.7%

Forum statistics

Threads