• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Video Games

XenoX101

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Ok I just beat WarCraft: Orcs Vs. Humans both Human & Orc campaigns. Here's my brief analysis if anyone's interested. This game is very simple by today's standards, with not many units (a small tech tree), both races having essentially the same set of units save for the spells and the strategy being predominantly 'amass an army and attack' whilst defending your base from the odd attack here and there (and they are odd, with 1 or 2 units per attack). There is an unspecified unit cap which I found myself occasionally hitting when I had about 30 units or more, the worst part of this however is that the only way to find out is to try and buy a unit and get the message "Unable to create units" whilst losing your money. The pathfinding of the units is at times frustrating as they first try to ram forward in the direction you want them to go and only realise there are walls when they hit them, though this is expected for the time it was made. You can also only select 4 units at a time, which makes big battles a pain, though you do eventually somewhat get the hang of it. As per the games of its time, the fog of war doesn't reshroud when you go away, so you can essentially scout the whole map with one unit at the start of the game and you will see the whole map for the entire game, enemy units and all. The spellcasters bring an interesting element into RTS with the ability to heal your units, turn them invisible, make them invulnerable at the expense of health, cast a few AoE spells and summon a few units. These spells do play a good part in the game though for the most part you are still amassing military units and attacking. The graphics are simple but to the point and the sound is reasonable though can get annoying, for e.g: there is only one voice for all the human units and the same goes for orc. I found the campaign pretty fun with the briefings being simple but somewhat entertaining, with a healthy balance of standard RTS play and campaign specific missions. The difficulty was hard at first but became easier as I got the hang of the game, though it was never too easy. Overall, I found WarCraft to be good for some light-hearted entertainment but a bit too linear to keep you hooked on multiplayer or skirmish as you can essentially win any game by doing the same thing. My rating as the game stands today is 6/10.

javyn

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Stayed up until midnight last night playing:

1. Dune 2 (first rts game ever)

2. Scorched Earth (hell yeah!)

3. Centipede

Anyone know of a repository online that would have the manuals for all these abandoned games?

Some of them have that old school "what is the second word on paragraph three of page 8 of the owners manual" type copy protecting that is surprisingly effective by today's standards lol.

Slopho

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Has anyone else downloaded Game Room from X-box 360? Its not too bad, I find it funny that with all the technology available people still long for games like Combat and Adventure. (you're a ******* block in this game) I ended up purchasing Shaolin Road which I knew as Kicker, so far the best game in game room. They aren't coming out with anything else until later this month but I already have a list of old school arcade games I want to play, they include:

Rastan
ESwat
Burgertime
Vigilante
Pit Fighter
Street Fighter 1

scott.m

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Psyren
Heavy Rain was ******* amazing, I literally couldn't put it down once I started. It's crazy how your decisions mess with your head.

buying it today, so ******* stoked.

breakz

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by scott.m
buying it today, so ******* stoked.

I was ready to buy Heavy Rain until I looked back and saw Brian and dusty's posts on Demon's Souls. Now I'm hooked on that instead.

The upside: when I finally get Heavy Rain it'll be for $30 off of eBay.

Anyone here not pleased with Heavy Rain?

javyn

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Burger Time!!!

scott.m

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by breakz
I was ready to buy Heavy Rain until I looked back and saw Brian and dusty's posts on Demon's Souls. Now I'm hooked on that instead. The upside: when I finally get Heavy Rain it'll be for $30 off of eBay. Anyone here not pleased with Heavy Rain?
have been playing it for the past 3 hours, still have to pee, still can't bring myself to hit pause, ******* addictive game that i can not wait to play through again and try things differently. complete genius, seriously update 1: my heart is pounding, this game is seriously like a thriller movie but you star in it, i have never enjoyed any experience this much in ages, no matter what the medium, print, video, audio or what have you. this rules.

scott.m

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
update: stopped playing for the night at 2:30 am, work tomorrow. what a ******* game, my heart was racing at times man, seriously.

XenoX101

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
^ You will find more information at
spam[1].gif

Brian SD

Reaction score
I have Heavy Rain, Uncharted 2 and Assassin's Creed 2 all to play through after I finish my plat trophy on God of War 3. I've heard nothing but great things about Heavy Rain, so I'm stoked as you could imagine.

ratboycom

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Slopho
Has anyone else downloaded Game Room from X-box 360? Its not too bad, I find it funny that with all the technology available people still long for games like Combat and Adventure. (you're a ******* block in this game) I ended up purchasing Shaolin Road which I knew as Kicker, so far the best game in game room. They aren't coming out with anything else until later this month but I already have a list of old school arcade games I want to play, they include:

Rastan
ESwat
Burgertime
Vigilante
Pit Fighter
Street Fighter 1

I want Pitfall (I and II) and Hero. Both were great games.

Also Crystal Castles is out on it right now and its worth the money, but **** are the controls tweaky, takes time to get used to not running around like an idiot through the whole thing.

Psyren

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Brian SD
I have Heavy Rain, Uncharted 2 and Assassin's Creed 2 all to play through after I finish my plat trophy on God of War 3. I've heard nothing but great things about Heavy Rain, so I'm stoked as you could imagine.
I rented all those games cause I'm cheap, but I wish I bought at least Uncharted 2 cause they keep updating it with new multiplayer modes. Now it seems pointless to buy it since all I'll be playing is Super Street Fighter 4 once it drops.

Slopho

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by ratboycom
I want Pitfall (I and II) and Hero. Both were great games.

Also Crystal Castles is out on it right now and its worth the money, but **** are the controls tweaky, takes time to get used to not running around like an idiot through the whole thing.

I heard Pitfall is going to be released later this month. I would also like:

Zaxxon
Mr. Do
Dig Dug
Robocop
and the arcade original version of Ninja Gaiden.

....and also, Bad Dudes.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.6%

Staff online

Forum statistics