• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Vegas

Tokyo Slim

In Time Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
My company might be flying me down next month for HD Expo. Not sure how long I'll be there for, but I might be there for 4-5 days. Might only be 2-3.

What are the current "must go" restaurants? I'm not a drinker/wine ignorant - so I don't really care about wine lists, etc. Just based on food alone. Oh, and also - be aware that I'll likely be on a budget of around $500 for my trip.

gamelan

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
gonna be there this weekend. the foodie in the group recommended Craftsteak and Bouchon so that's where we'll be Fri/Sat.

-Jeff

fredfred

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
When you find yourself with an afternoon and don't know what to do, drive the 45/60 mins north to the Ring of Fire (or whatever it's called). Pretty red rock formations. A little excursion to get away from the strip if the artificial stuff gets to be a bit too much. (youtube search: las vegas ring of fire - if you want a video)

ramuman

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Tokyo Slim
My company might be flying me down next month for HD Expo. Not sure how long I'll be there for, but I might be there for 4-5 days. Might only be 2-3.

What are the current "must go" restaurants? I'm not a drinker/wine ignorant - so I don't really care about wine lists, etc. Just based on food alone. Oh, and also - be aware that I'll likely be on a budget of around $500 for my trip.

I'll be there about 2 weeks after you. L'Atelier is on my list, but that and catching Cirque's 'O' are the only things on my to-do list at the moment.

zippyh

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Tokyo Slim

Raku
Twist (although you'll easily blow $500 for two there)
L'Atelier
Sage

Just about all the places are offering prix fixe deals.
Check out the Wynn website for Taste of Wynn specials.
Also the MGM Grand has a lot of similar deals.

Tokyo Slim

In Time Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Originally Posted by zippyh
(although you'll easily blow $500 for two there)
I'm not expecting to pay for any hookers to join me for dinner.
smile.gif

ChicagoRon

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by gamelan
gonna be there this weekend. the foodie in the group recommended Craftsteak and Bouchon so that's where we'll be Fri/Sat. -Jeff
If you can replace your Craftsteak res. with either Charlie Palmers in Four Seasons or Prime at Bellagio, you will be much happier.

ChicagoRon

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by ramuman
I'll be there about 2 weeks after you. L'Atelier is on my list, but that and catching Cirque's 'O' are the only things on my to-do list at the moment.
There was a discussion on Ka earlier. I thought it was much much better than O. YMMV... some people really love O.

Agent GQ

Reaction score
I was about to go off on most everyone in this thread, excluding TokyoSlim, and challenge their manhood for having their Vegas trips consist of such tame and boring activities (tame and boring to me, a 25 year old male - it's all relative).

It then occured to me that maybe everyone who posted in this thread isn't near my age and may be much older (30's, 40's, married). Even though I am young and brash I still remember to use the 'think before you speak/post' function from time to time.

So out of curiosity how old are most of you who posted in this thread?

TokyoSlim - If you're near my age range I'll post my "Vegas 3 Night How-To" Guide based on my past Vegas experiences. I will do my best to help you prepare to enjoy many of the vices of Sin City on a limited budget.

ramuman

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by ChicagoRon
There was a discussion on Ka earlier. I thought it was much much better than O. YMMV... some people really love O.

I'm planning to stay at the Bellagio, but that's partially because KA won't be in performance the first week of June. I'll be taking my annual pilgrimage to San Francisco right after Vegas so I unfortunately can't plan my trip around Ka...though from what I hear (and you reaffirmed), KA is the more theatric of the two shows.

ramuman

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Agent GQ
I was about to go off on most everyone in this thread, excluding TokyoSlim, and challenge their manhood for having their Vegas trips consist of such tame and boring activities (tame and boring to me, a 25 year old male - it's all relative).

It then occured to me that maybe everyone who posted in this thread isn't near my age and may be much older (30's, 40's, married). Even though I am young and brash I still remember to use the 'think before you speak/post' function from time to time.

So out of curiosity how old are most of you who posted in this thread?

TokyoSlim - If you're near my age range I'll post my "Vegas 3 Night How-To" Guide based on my past Vegas experiences. I will do my best to help you prepare to enjoy many of the vices of Sin City on a limited budget.

I'm 27 and single...try me.

Tokyo Slim

In Time Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Agent GQ

Well, I'm 29 - but I"m middle aged at 29, so take that how you want. I can't really drink and I don't like clubs. I could care less about Cirque, Celine Dion, or the Blue Man Group. I like restaurants, movies, attractions, limited gambling, and my debauchery must be tempered by the fact that I'll likely be working at a trade show in a booth most of the days that I'm there.

Aside from that, I'd be very interested to hear any recommendations you have.

Agent GQ

Reaction score
TokyoSlim, thanks for providing the detailed info. Will make it easier to provide ideas around what you will enjoy. Will post tomorrow.

And thank you for not liking the shows, as I would never include them in a Vegas itinerary. There's a shitload of more fun stuff to do in Vegas than shows when you only have 72 hours.

ramuman - I'll unleash the majority of my rage and critique tomorrow. I will give you **** for going to a Cirque de Soleil (sp?) show...I can't stand that crap. Even if somebody provided me acid or shrooms I would still pass. The only thing I hate more than shows in Vegas is the slots machines and people who chronically play them.

I could be a bigger prick, but I give you points for your avatar (watched Curb way back in the day S1-4). So many classic episodes and characters. Anyways, to each his own. I'm interested to see the ages of the other posters.

ChicagoRon

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Way to go ITG!!! I would have thought you were a self-important prick, but now that I know you watched "Curb Your Enthusiasm" (I'm probably too old and uncool to just call it "curbed") during the first few seasons, I'll hold back and take you in..... the rest of us didn't watch Seinfeld for 10 years before that show came out, so we had no idea who Larry David was - what a breakout success... and Kudos to you for discovering him.

For ***** and grins, I'll play along...

I'm 34. I live in Chicago. I've been going to Vegas 3-4 time / year since I was 27.

I'm not sure where you live... but if my goal is to be at a club with hot girls, I can do it 7 nights a week here... so that's on the agenda when I'm in vegas sometimes, but I don't get my panties in a wad about it. I call one of my vegas connections, get myself on a list so I don't have to buy a bottle, wait in line, or get to the club at 9pm when nobody is there. I have a few drinks, bump and grind for an hour or so, then get bored.

I like to eat good food. In a city where the action doesn't really have to end, I don't see a problem with a 2 hour dinner at a great restaurant, with a few cocktails while I'm eating. When I was younger, Vegas restaurants were special because I couldn't afford to eat that way all the time. Now it's a little less exciting, but it doesn't make me less hungry.

Last time I saw a show it was comped. It was entertaining, and it was over by 10:30.... most hot girls were still in their rooms primping. You might not like a show, but I have a bit of a gambling problem, and watching that show probably saved me $500 for later in the weekend.

If I strike out at the club... I might hit the Rhino, but again... I can see ******* anywhere. It's hardly a destination for me in a city where I have to fight to get a lap dance because it's so crowded. More likely, I will go downtown and play $5 craps at Binions where htey have 10x odds.

I much prefer to pick up at the pool, so regardless of what time I get to bed, I'll be up around 10 and head to my pool cabana. This is the best money you can possibly spend in Vegas. Compared to a bottle service at a club, your chances of actually scoring (if you have a personality) are 3 x better with a pool cabana. You have a great view, people can see you, you have privacy, a safe, and a waitress. ... this is probably my #1 tip for vegas noobs.

Please, Agent... enlighten me on how I can enhance this experience in a way that does not involve paying for sechs.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads