• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

LL Bean + Rogues Gallery = LL Bean Signature

otc

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
pics of ranger mocs! poast em!

Motorsport226

Reaction score
So whats the general consensus on this line?

Good quality for the money or no? I'm interested in their red gingham and blue striped oxford shirts and at $110 for both they can't be beat price-wise.

As long as it's at a JCrew-ish quality level then I'll have no complaints.

StanleyVanBuren

Thumb Raider
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Motorsport226
As long as it's at a JCrew-ish quality level then I'll have no complaints.
Apart from fit (which is an individualized issue), I would say the shirts are very much on par with J. Crew in terms of quality.

Motorsport226

Reaction score
Originally Posted by StanleyVanBuren
Apart from fit (which is an individualized issue), I would say the shirts are very much on par with J. Crew in terms of quality.

Thats what I needed to hear, thanks.

Fit shouldn't be too big of a problem, most RTW in a size large seem to fit me very well, most of my shirts are un-altered. Even if they don't fit well, $10 at a tailor can change that.

StanleyVanBuren

Thumb Raider
Reaction score
Bean has a great return policy. I'd pick up a large and a medium and just send back whichever doesn't fit.

Motorsport226

Reaction score
Bean has a great return policy. I'd pick up a large and a medium and just send back whichever doesn't fit.

Just thinking that!
laugh.gif

I read a few pages back and saw the large chest measurement was 24"!

Biggie_Robs

Reaction score

Better than J. Crew IMO.

Motorsport226

Reaction score
Has anyone bought any polos from this collection? I mean ****, for $30 they're probably not the best around, but the colors seem very nice and they are free of any branding.

The red Casco Bay polo looks nice with the chambray placket and the drake blue color that the saltwash polo comes in is nice as well.

garmis

Reaction score
^^no info on the polos, sorry.

I am looking to kop some used ranger mocs, in blue or tan suede, size 11-11.5 US. Depending on condition I'll pay $50.

wannabeagiant

Reaction score
Looking to get a pair of the leather mocs. What do you guys think will be more versatile as casual wear, the bluchers or rangers?

Motorsport226

Reaction score
Well, I gave the polos a shot and I'm actually quite impressed with them. The fit is spot on for me, the length isn't too short but doesn't have a huge drop tail. The fabric is very good as well.

IMO, for $30 they can't be beat.

FTR I bought the Casco Bay polo in red fade and the Saltwash polo in drake blue.

If they expanded their range of colors/patterns, I would probably never buy another Lacoste polo.

porcelain monkey

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Motorsport226
Well, I gave the polos a shot and I'm actually quite impressed with them. The fit is spot on for me, the length isn't too short but doesn't have a huge drop tail. The fabric is very good as well.

IMO, for $30 they can't be beat.

FTR I bought the Casco Bay polo in red fade and the Saltwash polo in drake blue.

If they expanded their range of colors/patterns, I would probably never buy another Lacoste polo.

What is the fit like in the body. I had a Casco Bay polo back in the day (15 - 20 years ago) that I eventually stopped wearing because it was too big in the body and the placket kept flopping open. It was almost like the extra chambray material around the neck was too heavy and caused the whole collar and placket to sit funny. Has anyone noticed this sort of thing on the new ones?

Motorsport226

Reaction score
Originally Posted by porcelain monkey
What is the fit like in the body. I had a Casco Bay polo back in the day (15 - 20 years ago) that I eventually stopped wearing because it was too big in the body and the placket kept flopping open. It was almost like the extra chambray material around the neck was too heavy and caused the whole collar and placket to sit funny. Has anyone noticed this sort of thing on the new ones?

For me, the fit in the body is good. They fit better than the classic fit Lacoste IMO but not super slim by any means.

However, I have an athletic build (I'm 6'1", 195lbs) so for most of those on SF who resemble a stick figure, the same fit might not work as well.

As for the placket, I think it sits fine. I only button the bottom one so more of the chambray shows. I think it contrasts well with the red fade color and the navy blue collar.

menofcharisma

Reaction score
Great--I was looking at those polo's the other day just wondering how they'd fit.

Besides the Casco Bay in Smoky Teal, I'm really digging the Saltwash Pullover in Rosewood. Something about that color pairing...

Motorsport226

Reaction score
Originally Posted by menofcharisma
Great--I was looking at those polo's the other day just wondering how they'd fit.

Besides the Casco Bay in Smoky Teal, I'm really digging the Saltwash Pullover in Rosewood. Something about that color pairing...

Yea I like that rosewood pullover too, great colors.

I wanted to get the teal Casco Bay, but I needed something red.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 86 38.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Forum statistics

Threads