• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Official Events and PSA thread

AnGeLiCbOrIs

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Target has Liberty of London ties for $17.99. There are some nice printed patterns for spring/summer. The ties are 100% silk, silk tipped and have a self loop.

I bought this one this morning and wore it today with a navy blazer and light heather gray trousers.

P1020384.jpg

P1020389.jpg

P1020390.jpg

deveandepot1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by AnGeLiCbOrIs
Target has Liberty of London ties for $17.99. There are some nice printed patterns for spring/summer. The ties are 100% silk, silk tipped and have a self loop.
They looked great for $18. They also had some Liberty of London boxers for iirc $6.

musicguy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by justsayno
for those of you fellows who bought the Sammy. Because of the second button is positioned close to the first, do you feel like you have to button 2 buttons to make it look right?

refer to paddock coat: http://asuitablewardrobe.dynend.com/...l-jackets.html

You have a good point. The two buttons are a little closer to each other than I'm used to. I think perhaps it also looks like both can be buttoned because the quarters are so closed.

As an aside, I just got the glen check jacket in the mail. It's really beautiful! I love the pattern and the fabric is so nice. It's also fully canvassed. And the best part is that it fits great (38R). I probably should have returned the 40L, but it should still be useable. I should be getting it in a few days.

GQ1

Reaction score
H&M has "Buy One, Get One Free" deal on slim fit shirts priced at $24.95 each. Good, classic styles in stripes and gingham available.

WildeMan

Reaction score
All remaining Dack's and Church's shoes have been sent to the Square One location in Mississauga.

Dack's (which I believe were made for them by Cheaney) are 40% off. Church's are less 50%. Net prices work out in the $250 to $350 range.

The staff from Danbury liquidators are obnoxious, but the prices are (finally) attractive.

Store closes Saturday.

comrade

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
O'Connell's in Buffalo, New York has listed on their website
new "old Stock" Brooks Brother Buttondowns. On the web
they look authentic. Not all sizes available.

Master-Classter

Distinguished Member
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
cool, thanks for the info

GoldenTribe

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Gah, I need some nice shoes but I'm in Ottawa for two weeks

Coal_Mining_Polak

Reaction score
The quality difference is quite noticeable, the cloth is fantastic on these shirts. I have a NOS Brooks from the same period 15 35" white OCBD if anyone's interested, would sell for $15 less than O'Connell's.
spam[1].gif

JohnnyCrockett

Reaction score
Oh good ol' supply and demand. What did O'C do, post these online right after the original AAAC post yesterday? Didn't the OP in that thread say they were $70 apiece?

But who am I kidding. These shirts are worth $150 apiece. That's not snark either.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.3%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.7%

Forum statistics

Threads