• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Should I or shouldn't I buy... (clothing item)?

jet

Persian Bro
Reaction score
pocket bothers me too

AR_Six

"Sookie!"
Reaction score
Hi top possibilities. CP Bball hi
cpr0009whtM.jpg
Or the black kind of cracked / veiny version of the Raf astronaut boot? Can anyone give me input on the sizing on these? Oki Ni thinks the CPs fit big, Tobi thinks TTS, my achilles mid fit a bit small.

jet

Persian Bro
Reaction score
same size in both

yall on my astro sneak tip

jet

Persian Bro
Reaction score
I've had zero desire to cop anything clothing related except a knit somewhat tempted me recently until I realized I have about 40 of those with the cheapest being $200 (apc does that even count?) otherwise they're 400 and up. There are no good jackets (tempted by ro but that **** will expire soon), I have plenty of pants, shirts, shoes that are way sicker than anything that's out or coming out. Still waiting on special order of augustas and life will be complete. Maybe those wh sweats I've been wanting so I can wear them with my white balenciaga hightops and jil wifey beats.

The only time I will kop now is if it's something I will wear right now like this very second, no more adding to my collection just instantly rockable stuff I will get tons of use from and sprinkle esoteric pieces on top for extra swag.

Hmm maybe this belongs in rfs.

asobu

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by JD_May
Don't even know that I NEED new sneaks.
Originally Posted by JD_May wardrobe sale thread
I love them in theory, but just never seem to wear them in practice, as I don't really wear sneakers much.
Guess you already know the answer. Kop disease, indeed. Money rolling in from the sales thread?
laugh.gif

AR_Six

"Sookie!"
Reaction score
Why do you even keep 40 knits? Like APC. Why even bother. Say you cut your rotation in half to 20 knits, wouldn't it be a lot better overall? I guess this is back to when we were talking about having too much stuff and having it keep you from wearing your best ish. Right now I have a "to kop" list that is aenemic. Like the stuff on it is pretty trivial with the exception of something that's sitting on Yoox waiting for a discount code or a markdown, and the shoes that sold today before I could pull the trigger. So I'm with you, it's not one of those times where there's tons of stuff that's DO WANT and I have to choose between things. More like "how much do I really, really want that?"
Originally Posted by asobu
Guess you already know the answer. Kop disease, indeed. Money rolling in from the sales thread?
laugh.gif

Yeah you're right. Thing is I don't want to price drop my Lang puffa 'cause it's sick but I don't really have anything to wear with it. If I wear sneaks it's my CPs which are getting a bit beat and I guess could use some backup. But it's not really crucial. Meh, I'll mull it over. Money's not exactly pouring in but I have a lil' paypal balance. Much of it has already been put towards SS09 McQueen on markdown. Only piece I really want from SS10 is a) not available in my size, b) $3000.

jet

Persian Bro
Reaction score
Well that includes crewnecks, vnecks, cardigans, robes etc of different knits, chunkiness, colors, styles etc so it adds up quicker than you realize.

-raf simons
-ervell
-dries
-margiela
-veronique b
-stephan s.
-jil s.
-apc

I just have two apc ones that I use for beaters for when I positively don't care. You gotta have one or two of those the rest are ballin.

Big Pun

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
^Pics of Raf and Branquinho knits, please. JD I would buy about a grand worth of stuff from you if you were my size.
frown.gif

A Fellow Linguist

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by jet
Well that includes crewnecks, vnecks, cardigans, robes etc of different knits, chunkiness, colors, styles etc so it adds up quicker than you realize.

-raf simons
-ervell
-dries
-margiela
-veronique b
-stephan s.
-jil s.
-apc

I just have two apc ones that I use for beaters for when I positively don't care. You gotta have one or two of those the rest are ballin.

Jet, what's your opinion on schneider knits? I bought a wool cardigan (f/w 08, I think) cheap from the B&S on SZ, waiting for it to arrive now.

AR_Six

"Sookie!"
Reaction score
Yeah fair I suppose. I think you have an idiosyncratic wardrobe view in that I don't really think I would want to own more than 20 or so really good knits. It's also hard to buy them because it's hard to find the ideal stuff. Which I guess is why SNS is a bit of a godsend, tons of stuff in whatever colour you want.

Jet, what's your opinion on schneider knits? I bought a wool cardigan (f/w 08, I think) cheap from the B&S on SZ, waiting for it to arrive now.
There is a lot of love for SS around here but Gpope carries it and I've never been super impressed by the knits, at least our shop's buy. They have a cardi on deep markdown in my size right now but I just can't quite justify. I like the outerwear better.

jet

Persian Bro
Reaction score
^keep in mind that 40 is over 4 years so you can imagine how much good **** is in there, no way you can find that many kop worthy pieces in two years

Originally Posted by Big Pun
^Pics of Raf and Branquinho knits, please.

I posted one of the vb's the mesh cardi in the cardi thread and the other one is a black wool cardi with white boxes and dots on it while the other is a houndstooth vneck with contrasting collar/cuffs with emerald green squares all over. The rafs are his two most basic and classic pieces, a grey v and black crew in his signature cut all wool and made in belgium. As basic as they are the cut is amazing on both and easily recognizable as raf. I don't like his oversize knits, some older ones are aight but my raf is more tailored.

Originally Posted by A Fellow Linguist

SS is nice, he often uses a mix of synthetic fibers too which is disappointing but the price point is right so I don't mind. They're made well and cuts are loose-ish, he keeps it honest with his operation which is why I like his stuff. Excellent value and a couple pieces I have are very unique. Funny thing is he makes the same things in a whole bunch of fabrics and colors. I have a piece I hated in every other combination but was really dope in the version that I got, he's sneaky like that.

asobu

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by A Fellow Linguist

Did you buy this from mumma? If so, I have the crewneck version of the same piece (in a different colorway) and I think it's great.

KitAkira

Wait! Wait! I gots an opinion!
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Originally Posted by jet
I've had zero desire to cop anything clothing related except a knit somewhat tempted me recently until I realized I have about 40 of those with the cheapest being $200 (apc does that even count?) otherwise they're 400 and up. There are no good jackets (tempted by ro but that **** will expire soon), I have plenty of pants, shirts, shoes that are way sicker than anything that's out or coming out. Still waiting on special order of augustas and life will be complete. Maybe those wh sweats I've been wanting so I can wear them with my white balenciaga hightops and jil wifey beats. The only time I will kop now is if it's something I will wear right now like this very second, no more adding to my collection just instantly rockable stuff I will get tons of use from and sprinkle esoteric pieces on top for extra swag. Hmm maybe this belongs in rfs.
Battling about $1k in potential kops right now. Plebeian status, I know, but I'm unemployed
frown.gif

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Staff online

Forum statistics