• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Red Wing Gentleman's Traveler

Johdus Fanfoozal

Reaction score
Originally Posted by fifediesel
Can anyone recommend a good polish for the chestnut colored GTs? I'd like to keep them as close to the original color as possible.

When in doubt always use a neutral creme - no dyes and not apt to darken significantly.

Gunky

Reaction score
I have a pair for sale right now, check Sig

fifediesel

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Johdus Fanfoozal
When in doubt always use a neutral creme - no dyes and not apt to darken significantly.

Will a neutral creme actually remove the scuffs though? I always assumed it was the colored polish that did that.

AriGold

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
did the price of the GTs go up on cultizm? I swear they were $209 before

crosswound

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
i would like to thank this thread i read it over twice to research finally bought a pair of redwing gentlemen's traveler in black cherry to wear to work and i like them a lot.

now retiring my 4+ years converse chuck taylors that i only wore to work and they look beat lol.

Calden

Reaction score
Just found this pic looking through Google images. Really makes me want a pair. Do these belong to someone on here? Is this just a pair in black cherry polished with black?
tumblr_kv1e7x9Uds1qzu6nxo1_500.jpg

deveandepot1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I have a pair of Black GTs in a size 10 I am getting rid of. They have only been worn about 10 times. Pm me if you are interested.

Torn

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Calden
Just found this pic looking through Google images. Really makes me want a pair. Do these belong to someone on here? Is this just a pair in black cherry polished with black?

tumblr_kv1e7x9Uds1qzu6nxo1_500.jpg

Almost looks like someone hit them with a coat of parade gloss. Very nice. If someone could confirm that that is black polish, I would definitely try that with mine.

amnesiac

Reaction score
I have doc marten boots made with an exel leather very similar to the GTs and I spit polish them with kiwi parade gloss (with silicon for extra shiny) every so often. They end up looking like this

crosswound

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
what insoles are all you guys using on your GT's or all of you rocking them without one.

splattered

Reaction score
Originally Posted by crosswound
what insoles are all you guys using on your GT's or all of you rocking them without one.

That's a good question... i have a couple pairs of redwings i havent really started wearing yet i was wondering the exact same thing.

JTK

Reaction score
I don't use insoles in my GTs. I was worried initially that I would need some cushion, but they broke in so nicely and are extremely comfortable now.

Narwhale

Reaction score
Tried some Superfeet, but there wasn't enough space for them so i've been going without. Six months in and I haven't missed them. GTs aren't "cushiony", but my feet feel great no matter how long I wear them.

Flambeur

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
no insoles in any of my redwings (3 of them now) or Frye's.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 35.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 60 38.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 11.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 27 17.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 28 18.1%

Forum statistics

Threads