• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The official thrift/discount store bragging thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Deacon

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Nataku
Wow, I didn't even know Polo RL did pure cashmere suits. I figured that would only come from their Purple Label line. Great score on those for sure!

I wish it wasn't a lean week for me, I'd have snatched all three and the other two non cashmere!
musicboohoo[1].gif

I went back today and snatched 3 more Polo blue label cashmere suits in 40Regular.

Grenadier

Reaction score

Some snags from Neiman Marcus Last Chance and Off Saks

Silver and maroon ties are Charvet ($40/each), light blue (almost looks white) is Isaia 7-fold ($35), and purple plaid is a Saks Fifth Avenue house label ($20).

Not so bad.

C-Style

Reaction score
Picked up this Ralph Lauren Polo suit at a Salvation Army for 15 bucks. Not my size but in excellent condition and looks like it was barely even worn..

2221706700101536355S500x500Q85.jpg

CasmirRadon

Reaction score
Here are some before/after pictures of recent shoe purchases. More to come in the future.

beforeandaftercordovanf.jpg

beforeandafterbrowncapt.jpg

Although I made no particular effort, the pictures were taken largely under the same circumstances, setting, and lighting. The "before" pictures are just what they looked like on the shelf. Also I'm still pretty new to caring for and polishing leather shoes.

Thanks for the posters who suggested I should take "before" pictures of my shoes.

vinasity

Reaction score
I finally ended my thrift shop rutt yesterday. The local goodwill's had a special spring sale so everything was half off!
2 pairs of Church's captoes in my size! Black & brown
2 pairs of JOES jeans for the GF
newer pair of Diesel jeans for women
leather latico duffel bag
Ermenegildo Zegna leather belt
nwt express producer pants
Nwt INC cream linen pants actually wearing the now!
Brook brothers trousers
sweet rowenta ultra professional steam iron!

ManofKent

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

EBTX66

Reaction score
Originally Posted by mainy
... This is the time of year that thrifting gets dreadfully slow, and borderline not worth the time.

That looked like a haul that was worth your time. What does it look like when you're on a streak?
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by Steve Smith
...Thanks to Goodwill, the Triangle of North Carolina has to be a world leader in orphan suit coats...

It must be a competition within the whole organization because Dallas can also claim that title.

Originally Posted by The Deacon
Also found three 100% cashmere Ralph Lauren Polo suits in grey chalk stripe sb, olive db and charcoal single breasted. All were 43R. I grabbed the olive double breasted, it is luxurious.

facepalm.gif
You left them? You just nuked your thrifting feng shui.
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by ManofKent
Trickers Derbys - £6 - maybe worn twice from the unworn stamp on the insole
smile.gif

Two eyelet and not the most elegant of lasts, but I wasn't complaining...

The ManofKent thrifts? That's like finding out Prince Charles loves McDonalds.

I gave up on the WAYWRN thread a while back but you always impressed me with your sense of style.
worship.gif

Marcus Brody

Reaction score
Originally Posted by vinasity
Here is a couple pics of the aforementioned Church's shoes and Latico duffel bag.

IMG_9421.jpg

IMG_9424.jpg

Shoes look great. Strangely, I once thrifted two nearly identical pair. One black, one brown, same model I believe. Church's owners must be required to have the set.
bigstar[1].gif

Hoofit

Reaction score
Found this Zanella shirt too good to pass up, NWT. This is available to purchase if you want it for your lady.
ebay001.jpg

Mr.Thompson

Reaction score
Snapshot_20100405.jpg

Vint find army jacket (don't know specs: M-65, etc)
...but I purchased for $20
really heavy + fitts nice = ihart

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 86 38.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Staff online

Forum statistics