• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Poll: Attolini vs. Rubinacci vs. Steed

edmorel

Quality Seller!!
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
I think you should focus more on your pants than on the jackets. While some of the coats are better than others, they are all, at worse, very servicable. Your pants, on the other hand.......

The Attolini bespoke looks best of all to me. The brown rubinacci jacket seems to have a loose collar and is just not that sharp looking. The Attolini overcoat is weird. The 3 buttons and the high pockets are not that attractive.

SkinnyGoomba

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
The last one, the Castangia, looks best to me. I like the fit of everything about it, and I think it would probably look better yet without the sweater.

I dont think any of them look bad. I like the way that the first Attolini fits, and the Attolini navy pinstripe.

I like the first Rubinacci except the pant. Maybe their Naples shop would work better, the stuff they're putting out for Foo, Matt and Whnay look fantastic.

niidawg3

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'll say:

1. Castangia
2. Rubinacci
3. Attolini

n. Steed (just cause i have to rate them)

I think you need to go with Attoliini shoulders and Rubinacci waist suppression/quarters.

The Steeds are attrocious (i'm being particularly harsh on them cos they are bespoke).

TRINI

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by edmorel
I think you should focus more on your pants than on the jackets. While some of the coats are better than others, they are all, at worse, very servicable. Your pants, on the other hand.......

Could you be more specific on this?

Despos

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by SkinnyGoomba

I like the first Rubinacci except the pant. Maybe their Naples shop would work better, the stuff they're putting out for Foo, Matt and Whnay look fantastic.

Are you trying to start a controversy here?

SkinnyGoomba

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I think the sweaters throw them off, steed #3 (red check) looks much better without the sweater.

edmorel

Quality Seller!!
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by TRINI
Could you be more specific on this?

sure, buy my pants
teacha.gif

but seriously, I think if he is going to wear the no break trousers, the openings have to be narrower (as was mentioned earlier). Also, on the some of the wool pants, there is a lot of extra fabric in the thigh/upper area. It flares out to the side, on a similar pair I had heismatt said it looked like I was wearing a colostomy bag. I think the Steed's suit pants look a bit incongruent with the jacket, the coat is rather fitted and the pants look like bags in the upper area.

All that being said, Monti should be commended for posting this stuff for our scrutiny, it is one thing to talk about this brands but quite another to see them in the flesh and also quite informative.

TheFoo

THE FOO
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Despos
Are you trying to start a controversy here?
There is nothing controversial about how exceedingly fantastic I look.

TheFoo

THE FOO
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by NewYorkRanger
I felt the Rubi's were the cleanest.
Agreed, but I don't think that's a full-on advantage.
Originally Posted by Cary Grant
Thanks for filling in during Vox' absence.
Just to be clear, I am only acting in Vox's place, not mimicking him. I only mimic Iammatt. I think we're stilly going steady, but I can't be for sure about it on his end.

Cary Grant

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by mafoofan
Just to be clear, I am only acting in Vox's place, not mimicking him. I only mimic Iammatt. I think we're stilly going steady, but I can't be for sure about it on his end.

As long as you use chicken livers in your bolognese you're in.

NewYorkIslander

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by mafoofan
Agreed, but I don't think that's a full-on advantage.

How do you mean? For me, the silhouette and drape are a direct result of how most of the rest of the jacket fit. A little bit off in the chest, shoulders or waist would totally throw off the hourglass shape, or make it a bit more angular rather than a nice round curve (like the Attolinis and Steeds). Am I looking at the fits wrongly?

TheFoo

THE FOO
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Cary Grant
As long as you use chicken livers in your bolognese you're in.
I would use chicken livers in everything if I could. However, my month-long attempt to diet away fifteen pounds prevents me from enjoying life.
Originally Posted by NewYorkRanger
How do you mean? For me, the silhouette and drape are a direct result of how most of the rest of the jacket fit. A little bit off in the chest, shoulders or waist would totally throw off the hourglass shape, or make it a bit more angular rather than a nice round curve (like the Attolinis and Steeds). Am I looking at the fits wrongly?
Part of what I love about the Rubinacci jackets that come out of Naples is the chest shaping. I don't know what tailors call it technically, or how they explain it, but I like it when the cloth of the chest forms a subtle bowl under where one's pectoral muscles are. You almost never see it in RTW and the Milanese Rubinacci jackets posted here exhibit none of it, either.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 35.9%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 59 38.6%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 11.1%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 27 17.6%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 27 17.6%

Forum statistics

Threads