• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Poll: Attolini vs. Rubinacci vs. Steed

Cravate_Noire

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Keep the Steed panties and the Rubinacci/ Attolini bespoke coats
smile.gif

Wes Bourne

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by maomao1980
However, all your tailor pants or even some of casual pants are rather wonky, especially the Rubinacci number.

This.

kolecho

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by maomao1980
I say the Attolini. Bespoke is supposed to make you look your best, not every house style works for everyone. However, all your tailor pants or even some of casual pants are rather wonky, especially the Rubinacci number.

Maybe this is the next drape craze on SF, ass drape.

fritzl

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by yfyf
I really like the leanness of the Castagania and would have voted for that if it were on the list. After that, all three are pretty close.

+1

Despos

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by AndrewRogers
I think it goes a bit like this.

Attolini
Rubinacci
Castangia
and because I have to include them, Steed (this is a comment that relates only to the stuff you've got. I've seen Steed elsewhere that works fine. This stuff doesn't to my eye)

This

The collars on the Rubinacci are interesting. If the picture would show only the collar/lapel styling I would have thought these were from Caraceni Milan. Perhaps there is a difference in what city the Rubinacci's are made. Maybe they employ some tailors formerly with Caraceni.

TheFoo

THE FOO
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Despos
The collars on the Rubinacci are interesting. If the picture would show only the collar/lapel styling I would have thought these were from Caraceni Milan. Perhaps there is a difference in what city the Rubinacci's are made. Maybe they employ some tailors formerly with Caraceni.

Wow, now that's an eye. The Milan shop does use its own tailors, and some are ex-Caraceni.

TheFoo

THE FOO
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Despos

Wow, now that's an eye. The Milan shop does use its own tailors, and some are ex-Caraceni.

Steed looks the worst to me--that waist is all mucked up, particularly on Steed #3. The Attolini MTM, particularly the dinner suit, looks very MTM. They just aren't shaped very finely. The Milanese Rubinacci looks better than both those two, but I'd personally prefer the Attolini bespoke. The Rubinacci just doesn't have the same character when it comes out of Milan. In particular, the chest looks way too lean and bland.

Attolini bespoke for the win in my book.

needshoehelp

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I agree with those who have said the biggest problem is with the pants. The leg opening is, IMO, too wide for that short of a break. I would either get narrower trousers, or, better yet, add a 1/2" or so to the hem so they will break properly.

Sander

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by AndrewRogers
I think it goes a bit like this.

Attolini
Rubinacci
Castangia
and because I have to include them, Steed (this is a comment that relates only to the stuff you've got. I've seen Steed elsewhere that works fine. This stuff doesn't to my eye)

Originally Posted by 0b5cur1ty
Firstly, thanks for a terrific thread - very informative.

To my own surprise, looking at all these pics, I find myself preferring the MTM from Attolini (and Castangia) to all the rest. I think this has mainly to do with the shoulders of the jackets - these seem to me to be more normal and in proportion (read narrower) compared to a lot of the bespoke jackets (particularly Steed), some of which seem slightly over-extended. Attolini #1 is particularly successful IMO - though that's probably the subtle roping doing it for me. I also remain of the opinion that slightly slimmer trousers would do wonders for the balance of that grey Steed suit.

Needless to say, this is all nit-picking at the highest level and most of this looks great - the exception being those white jeans that are in desperate need of hemming.
wink.gif

Agree with the above; strangely, Attolini MTM looks best to me, esp. because of the shoulder issue obs explained so well. Oh yes, and the trousers... I dunno how to fix it but they certainly don't look as nice as the jackets.

TRINI

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by mafoofan

Steed looks the worst to me--that waist is all mucked up, particularly on Steed #3. The Attolini MTM, particularly the dinner suit, looks very MTM. They just aren't shaped very finely. The Milanese Rubinacci looks better than both those two, but I'd personally prefer the Attolini bespoke. The Rubinacci just doesn't have the same character when it comes out of Milan. In particular, the chest looks way too lean and bland.

Attolini bespoke for the win in my book.

Are you saying that the Rubinacci 'house style' differs depending on which location you get measured at?

TheFoo

THE FOO
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by TRINI
Are you saying that the Rubinacci 'house style' differs depending on which location you get measured at?

Yes. Have I ever suggested otherwise? Mariano or Luca will tell you the same. If you come into London House in Naples asking for a lean, clean jacket, they'll often suggest using their Milan shop instead. Different tailors do different work--that's been my point the whole time, no?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 36.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 59 39.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 15 10.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 26 17.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 26 17.3%

Forum statistics

Threads