• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Light duty motorcycle boots...

Flambeur

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
What do we think about these??
27862.jpg

CharlieAngel

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I wear 8 hole Dr. Martens. Non-slip/oil resistant sole, leather uppers, still take a bit of shine if you want them to, etc. Get the Made in England ones, or hit up ebay for Solovair. I've not ridden in my other boots (www.steel-boots.com), but they're comfortable, made in Slovakia, and so far have been really good. About $140, shipped, and their shipping is surprisingly fast. Like, I ordered on Monday and got them the next Monday.

Flambeur

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Ludeykrus
They look decent, they're Chippewa so they're made well.

Is that velcro on the sides?

Sure looks like velcro.. Not that I mind, although I guess real buckles would be better..

zissou

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The Chippewas look ok, but I hate the velcro. Ideally, IMO, you should get something that you could also wear casually.

Flambeur

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'm looking for a tough boot, but not a moto-specific one like Dainese. Like I said, already have my hardcore real motorcycle boots, so I want something different.

I actually did find an old pair of Coach (go figure, I know) black paratrooper boots in my closet. I've had them for at least 6+ years, and they are pretty damn good quality, probably an anomaly as far as Coach goes. Anyway, they've been getting some use as my moto boots, and I quite like them.

But still looking for a boot. Since I got the laceup combat boot covered now, probably will go with the rally boot above, I do like the look of those. How does Chippewa normally run size-wise?

Stylin-1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by zissou
Corcoran jump boots? Not the most amazing leather, but they take a beating. They are pretty easy to find slightly used on ebay.
corcoranbootlarge.jpg

Too many laces, way too high.

Stylin-1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by westinghouse
You'll need a BMW Bike for these:

Why does one need a BMW to wear Fiorentini + Baker boots?

Rikkar501

Reaction score
Originally Posted by zissou
Corcoran jump boots? Not the most amazing leather, but they take a beating. They are pretty easy to find slightly used on ebay.
This +1. I bought a pair of Corcoran jump boots off a ebay for around $40; they're about 30 years old and very nicely worn in, in fact I'm pretty sure they were used for riding because there is an indentation on the left boot where the shifter would hit. They're tough as hell and look great with with jeans too.

Flambeur

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Astan
RoadChamp-promo2-web.jpg

God they are majestic. Course you'll have to shell out 1k for em.... yeah I didn't think so...

http://www.misterfreedom.com/?p=981

I don't know about majestic, but those are pretty cool. Wouldn't you get the same effect from a good 20 year old pair of any american engineer boots though?

Anyway, ordered the rally boot. Way excited, will report back on how I like them.

Marcus Brody

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Flambeur
What do we think about these??

27862.jpg

I actually rather like these aside from the suspected velcro. Having the straps themselves there doesn't bother me. I also like having the extra toe piece as i have one pair of boots (a pair of Carolina work boots) that I rarely wear to ride because that area is too soft and by the end of the day my toes are getting sore from shifting.

Flambeur

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Damnit, might have to get something else... The Rally boots are on backorder like everywhere.. ****.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.9%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 89 37.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 39 16.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 37 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads