• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

LL Bean + Rogues Gallery = LL Bean Signature

anonymouz

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Quick review on the blucher moc..
I got the blue suede ones. They're comfortable right out of the box. They are definitely narrow, at least compared to the mainline blucher moc. But, I went with the same size that I wear in the mainline mocs. They do stretch. They're also fully lined and have different insoles and soles compared to the mainline mocs. Since they're lined, my feet turned a bit blue after I wore them sockless. But hopefully they'll be okay after a couple of wears.

StanleyVanBuren

Thumb Raider
Reaction score
Don't expect anything great from the fit. They are "fitted" but not slim. Some tailoring will clearly be required. For reference, I am 5'10" and 125lbs. This is a size small.

IMG_3485.jpg

IMG_3488.jpg

IMG_3489.jpg

IMG_3492.jpg

IMG_3495.jpg

IMG_3496.jpg

StanleyVanBuren

Thumb Raider
Reaction score
Originally Posted by evilbananas
^It looks way too big. I would just send it back.

I ended up getting it as a gift so I am just going to see what the tailor can do with it. I don't think it's that bad.

Superb0bo

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
shirt looks good imo, but could probably be shortened. Personally, id just wear it the way it is now...

wannabeagiant

Reaction score
For those who have the Ranger Mocs/Blucher mocs, are they true to dress shoe size or sneaker size (my sneaker size is .5 bigger than dress shoe)?

nonissue

Reaction score
Originally Posted by wannabeagiant
For those who have the Ranger Mocs/Blucher mocs, are they true to dress shoe size or sneaker size (my sneaker size is .5 bigger than dress shoe)?

That's too ambiguous a reference for me to go by, but I wear 11.5 in des boots, 12 in JP's, and I went with a 11.5 in the blucher mocs in leather. The length was perfect, took a few days for them to widen, but widen they did.

JO3B

Reaction score
Originally Posted by evilbananas
^It looks way too big. I would just send it back.

the heck you need that shirt to fit like? it fits perfectly fine.

wannabeagiant

Reaction score
Can you post the actual shoulder and chest measurement?
Originally Posted by StanleyVanBuren
Don't expect anything great from the fit. They are "fitted" but not slim. Some tailoring will clearly be required. For reference, I am 5'10" and 125lbs. This is a size small.

StanleyVanBuren

Thumb Raider
Reaction score
Originally Posted by wannabeagiant
Can you post the actual shoulder and chest measurement?

Yeah I think this was posted before but mine comes out (post-wash) to 18" and 22"

They really ought to offer an XS.

wannabeagiant

Reaction score
Originally Posted by nonissue
That's too ambiguous a reference for me to go by, but I wear 11.5 in des boots, 12 in JP's, and I went with a 11.5 in the blucher mocs in leather. The length was perfect, took a few days for them to widen, but widen they did.
Yeah I think this was posted before but mine comes out (post-wash) to 18" and 22" They really ought to offer an XS.
Thanks for the sizing help. I'm 6', 170 and those are the measurements I like on my shirts (usually mediums). I'm surprised the shirt sizing is so big. I thought this line was supposed to be targeted to a younger, more fashion oriented demographic.

a-rock

Reaction score

Thanks for the fit pics as well as referencing your h/w because saying something is fitted or not fitted without stating your h/w still makes it somewhat difficult for others to judge fit. I'm 40 lbs more at similar height, yet still get most "slim fit" smalls tailored. But your post is giving me a bit more hope for some of their items.

ndj649

Reaction score
As an FYI, I bought the blucher mocs and there is quite the hefty insole (in the inside arch). It's bothering my awful low-arched feet like crazy. Anybody know if the standard mocs have the same thing?

Superb0bo

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by ndj649
As an FYI, I bought the blucher mocs and there is quite the hefty insole (in the inside arch). It's bothering my awful low-arched feet like crazy. Anybody know if the standard mocs have the same thing?

standard bean bluchers also comes with a (removable) soft insole.

cgardel

Reaction score
Don't expect anything great from the fit. They are "fitted" but not slim. Some tailoring will clearly be required. For reference, I am 5'10" and 125lbs.

Looks pretty good to me for RTW, especially considering your height and weight. Maybe you need to get something to eat.
smile.gif

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Forum statistics

Threads