• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Tretorn sneakers

Sander

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Shoes arrived, and at first, I was a bit disappointed. Colour and styling is good, but they looked quite chunky and plump. The toe is quite wide, and the rubber toe cap quite short, enhancing the effect.
I'll return them since they are too short but rather wide. Funny fit. It's really sad since after I looked at them for a while I liked them. One just has to get used to them being not as slim as Chucks. btw, they are about as comfortable as Chucks (which means I couldn't wear them without insoles).
I now think about ordering them half a size larger but I think the fit just isn't good for my slender feet. Quality-wise they look fine, though one has to keep in mind that I never really wore them.
Took some pics anyway cause I really liked the green/orange coulour combo and wanted to share:

CharlieAngel

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
My sister used to wear Tretorns back in the late 70s. With those little socks with the balls on the back.

I like the Skanes (grey wool w/oxblood leather. and the nylon high-tops). I just need to find them locally to try them on.

a_nun

Reaction score
So then..it'd be safe to say they're much wider than chucks? I love my chucks and JP's, but unfortunatly they aren't the most comfortable only because they're just too damn narrow...can my toes breathe in these?

Sander

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by a_nun
So then..it'd be safe to say they're much wider than chucks? I love my chucks and JP's, but unfortunatly they aren't the most comfortable only because they're just too damn narrow...can my toes breathe in these?

yep, definitely. I'd also recommend going up another half size from your Chuck size.

a_nun

Reaction score
awesome.
thanks for the info...

racknac

Reaction score
they suck don't buy them... I bought 2 pairs within the last 6 months and now one of them has started to rip apart... did not use them heavily... additionally you can tell the quality of them is ******... not super comfortable for sneakers, i had to put an extra pad in the foot to make them bearable.

underwearer

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
can anyone confirm T56 sizing? I wear 8 in chuck hightops, 9.5 in Purcells

Thanks!

melonadejello

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by racknac
they suck don't buy them... I bought 2 pairs within the last 6 months and now one of them has started to rip apart... did not use them heavily... additionally you can tell the quality of them is ******... not super comfortable for sneakers, i had to put an extra pad in the foot to make them bearable.
I've been wearing a pair for work, involving lots of walking, for like a year and no problems. Also, I think they look best with my skinnier jeans since the soles are so low profile. And I had to size up for width, same as my Nikes.

Master-Classter

Distinguished Member
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
holy thread revival Batman!

As long as we're on the topic... personally I like Keds (Dinias) as an alternative to Chucks. Sleeker but same idea IMO.

Rompson

Reaction score
I bought a pair of these on a whim the last time 6pm had a big sale.

I got them TTS without any problems. They're nice looking, though not the most comfortable shoe. I would buy them for 70% off retail again, but I don't think I would pay full price.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Staff online

Forum statistics