• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Clarks Desert Boots

slappy

Reaction score
I just bought a pair. I must say Im not a fan of the beeswax, Im a suede man through and through on these shoes.

slappy

Reaction score
Go to a hipster area. Not common, but they can be seen, along with the 450 dollar Aldens and various other apparel.

sle-z-e

Reaction score
So I ended up in Winnipeg for the weekend... any clue where i can find some beeswax here?

Robert

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Beehives.

Robert

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
And a half. Why? Are you a **** stalking me?

deveandepot1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Robert
And a half. Why? Are you a **** stalking me?

laugh.gif

IIRC Robert is an older SF member.

PiperInAlberta

Reaction score
Does anyone else find that the clark's desert boots are pretty big in the heel area?

Just got mine today and the fit fine lengthwise or width wise at the ball of my foot, but the heel area seems rather large and I got some pretty epic blisters (and this from a guy who's done enough forced marches in crappy boots) walking around in them today. I think part of that may be because of the leather heel cup (obviously needs to be broken in) but I can't help but notice they do seem kind of wide (had I sized down to a 9.5, I usually wear a 10.5 in sneakers and went down to a 10, they would be too small in the toe area..I hate having my toes crunched together).

Robert

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Originally Posted by sle-z-e
His kids must be embarrassed

Why would you say something like that? What a jerk.

BeerBaron

Reaction score
PiperInAlberta, I noticed the same problem with the loose heel and blisters at first. I switched from thin cotton socks to heavier wool ones (this was over the winter) and they fit perfectly. Then after a couple weeks of breaking in I found I could wear whatever socks I wanted.

Wore by dark brown dbs into J. Crew a while back and the sales guy couldn't figure out where I found their McAlister boot in that color. I had to confess they're just Clarks, the "original desert boot" but he'd never heard of them. Told him to hit up the Faneuil Hall store and they'd probably be cheaper than the Crew version, even with the employee discount.

I love that dark brown color, by the way. I never treated them or anything and I was pretty butt-hurt after getting caught in the rain, but the marks blended in and they might even look better now (less suede-y).

wannabeagiant

Reaction score
Does anybody know if there is a similar desert boot color to the snuff suede Aldens?

4032869290_2e780a81ff_b.jpg

Robert

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Aldens probably makes some similar ones.

Dr. Mabuse

Reaction score
Originally Posted by wannabeagiant
Does anybody know if there is a similar desert boot color to the snuff suede Aldens?

Clarks makes a color named Cola that looks a bit like those in your picture. I believe it's only available in the UK, but you should be able to find plenty of sites that will ship to the U.S.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.3%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.7%

Forum statistics

Threads