• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Ask A Question, Get An Answer... - Post All Quick Questions Here (Classic menswear)

Motorsport226

Reaction score
Originally Posted by justpflo
Would it be strange to wear a navy polo with cargo shorts and boat shoes?

Polo Ralph Lauren models for the spring/summer collections don't think so.

justpflo

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Motorsport226
Polo Ralph Lauren models for the spring/summer collections don't think so.

Lol, what do you mean by that?

justpflo

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Motorsport226
It's a pretty common look, I don't think you'll have any problems wearing that combo.

Okay thanks!! I always found it weird to wear cargo shorts haha.
lol8[1].gif

Motorsport226

Reaction score
Originally Posted by justpflo
Okay thanks!! I always found it weird to wear cargo shorts haha.
lol8[1].gif

I think you'd be better off with plain shorts, but if you must wear cargo shorts just make sure they're not overkill. (i.e. having 26 different pockets on them)

Have a good Friday night all, it is now 4:59 and I'm out of the office.

dah328

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by gordon jraber
what color belt would go best with a wheat colored brown blazer, a light french blue shirt and charcoal grey trousers?
Wear the same color belt as your shoes. If your conception of "wheat brown" is the same as mine, it doesn't coordinate well with charcoal trousers.

dah328

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by aj_del
What are your thoughts on these
They wouldn't work with either suits or odd trousers and a jacket. Maybe you were thinking of them in terms of streetwear & denim in which case you should post your question on their "Ask A Question" thread.

aj_del

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
^^^ Thanks, I was thinking og buying them to use only with jeans or very casual trousers and only while hiking or rough weather, no SC, no suit. I am looking for a reaction from MC rather than SW&D ...

onix

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
^^^ Thanks, I was thinking og buying them to use only with jeans or very casual trousers and only while hiking or rough weather, no SC, no suit. I am looking for a reaction from MC rather than SW&D ...

None of my outfits gonna go with those, hence I wouldn't buy them. For jeans and casual outfits, I would still not get shoes that look too much like work boots. Should your chukkas recently posted in Suede Appreciation suffice for these purpose though?

intent

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I've done some searches, but I'd appreciate a comparison of different cuts and brands. Brioni, Kiton, etc. I just don't see the difference between the British cut (less Huntsman) and Brioni, but the idea of a Roman suit intrigues me.

Nicola

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Are those laces gang colours?
uhoh.gif

If you're worried about hiking you shouldn't be worried about how they look but how they work. No good being on a trail with screwed up feet and nice looking boots.

MaxHeadroom

Reaction score
This is probably a dumb question, but one I wanted to ask since just joining this forum...

I've only ever worn shoes that have metal (or whatever) eyelets for the lace holes.
To me, it just seems something extra to protect the shoe leather.

But I really like the look of lots of shoes in the pictures that other members post on this forum, but most of them don't have eyelets.

My question is, does the leather start wearing or tearing at the lace holes if there is no protective eyelet? Particularly after "pulling" at the laces tightly when lacing them up each time?

Blackhood

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
It depends how tightly you pull the laces. If the shoe fits well, then the laces don't have to be very tight at all, if you're the kind of person who pulls with all their strength on their laces, then the metal will help, but for the most part theres not that much stress on the leather.

dah328

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Also, many of those shoes (Edward Green, Grenson, etc.) have metal eyelets on the inside of the hole that are simply not visible from the outside.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 36.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 59 39.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 15 10.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 26 17.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 26 17.3%

Forum statistics

Threads