• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Red Wing Gentleman's Traveler

supastylin

Reaction score
The nails in the heel of one of my GT's are coming out. One is not sitting as far down as the others and another one is almost exposed to the surface and is on an angle, digging into the side of the sole.

Is it safe to hammer them back down to the same level as the other nails?

MarcBT

Reaction score
Originally Posted by supastylin
The nails in the heel of one of my GT's are coming out. One is not sitting as far down as the others and another one is almost exposed to the surface and is on an angle, digging into the side of the sole.

Is it safe to hammer them back down to the same level as the other nails?

You should just go to a cobbler.
He'll fix it for you for a couple of bucks.

hansonho

Reaction score
Anyone know where If can get a pair of GTs in Vancouver or do I have to order them online.

hansonho

Reaction score
Originally Posted by NorCal
http://maps.google.com/maps?client=s...ed=0CAsQnwIwAA You folks do realize that RW's are not rare shoes, right?
Yea i know theres are quite a few RW stores in the area and I've been to that store and walked around and didn't see any GTS and I didn't ask if they had any in stock. So I emailed the [email protected] I was emailed back: Hi, none of the Vancouver or AB stores carries that in stock We would do a special order for you if you knew your size, and any of the stores would be willing to assist you Its nice boot, but too expensive for regular demand Best regards Graeme So I guess I'll go down to the store down in Burnaby again when I'm free and order me a pair and try to see if I can get a size that fits me since it seems pretty confusing finding a good fit.

NorCal

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by hansonho
Yea i know theres are quite a few RW stores in the area and I've been to that store and walked around and didn't see any GTS and I didn't ask if they had any in stock. So I emailed the [email protected] I was emailed back:

Hi, none of the Vancouver or AB stores carries that in stock
We would do a special order for you if you knew your size, and any of
the stores would be willing to assist you

Its nice boot, but too expensive for regular demand

Best regards
Graeme

So I guess I'll go down to the store down in Burnaby again when I'm free and order me a pair and try to see if I can get a size that fits me since it seems pretty confusing finding a good fit.

Alright, so I jumped to conclusions. Here is the fit detail: They are NARROW!!!! and a half size long. So if you wear an E don't even think about it. If not, size down .5. Chances are, any RW store will allow you to return the shoes on the spot if they don't fit. Another option is to troll the shoes sites, endless, shoebuy, zappos ect. and just plan of returning a few pairs. Maybe even order two and plan on returning one.

hansonho

Reaction score
Originally Posted by NorCal
Alright, so I jumped to conclusions. Here is the fit detail: They are NARROW!!!! and a half size long. So if you wear an E don't even think about it. If not, size down .5. Chances are, any RW store will allow you to return the shoes on the spot if they don't fit. Another option is to troll the shoes sites, endless, shoebuy, zappos ect. and just plan of returning a few pairs. Maybe even order two and plan on returning one.

What do you mean by "if you wear an E"....sorry I'm new here and with some of the terms too.

Biggie_Robs

Reaction score
Originally Posted by hansonho
What do you mean by "if you wear an E"....sorry I'm new here and with some of the terms too.

Shoe width is measured in letters, and E is wider than the typical shoe width, D.

underwearer

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Im a D and they fit me fine (except they are 1.5 size long) They are not narrow, but Id say average width to slightly wide. (For example I can't wear Sambas they are too narrow for me, so my feet are borderline wide)

Thor

Reaction score
Hey-

I just got my GT's today- Blackcherry- Size 7- ( I wear a size 7 but that is as small as they go- they fit in the width as I have pretty wide feet but def a bit long- alas, will have to do)

...but a bit bummed as the blackcherry is really quite red- they look much more brown in pics on the web. I know they will darken with leather care but...

...has anyone seen in person or bought the "cigar" color from Europe?

http://www.stuartslondon.com/product...09016%20Cigar/

I called RedWing to see if it was possible to get a pair here in the US- special order or whatever- they said "nope"- which seems a bit silly- if someone is willing to pay, why not??

I am tempted to try and buy a pair from the UK or whatever and wanted to if anyone has gone this route before.

Appreciate any feedback.

Torn

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Thor
Hey-

I just got my GT's today- Blackcherry- Size 7- ( I wear a size 7 but that is as small as they go- they fit in the width as I have pretty wide feet but def a bit long- alas, will have to do)

...but a bit bummed as the blackcherry is really quite red- they look much more brown in pics on the web. I know they will darken with leather care but...

...has anyone seen in person or bought the "cigar" color from Europe?

http://www.stuartslondon.com/product...09016%20Cigar/

I called RedWing to see if it was possible to get a pair here in the US- special order or whatever- they said "nope"- which seems a bit silly- if someone is willing to pay, why not??

I am tempted to try and buy a pair from the UK or whatever and wanted to if anyone has gone this route before.

Appreciate any feedback.

I've ordered from Cultizm.com before with great results. With shipping it's still cheaper than "retail" prices in US, and they ship fast.

fifediesel

Reaction score
Can anyone recommend a good polish for the chestnut colored GTs? I'd like to keep them as close to the original color as possible.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 35.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 60 38.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 11.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 27 17.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 28 18.1%

Forum statistics

Threads