• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

dunkin

Reaction score
yo pete i sent you a pm
u might be in luck but maybe not

kalanigee

Reaction score
Originally Posted by interlockingny
Aberdeen is the most elongated of the Alden lasts. The Grant last is actually full, IMO, however not when you compare it to the Barrie. Yes, it is narrow than the Barrie but my no means is it narrow. I have the BBBF Longwing on the Grant Last and really like it.

Originally Posted by bigbjorn
I find the Grant last to be the ideal last - full, fairly broad toe box, but not Barrie blobish. I love my BBBF Longwings.

So did you guys go true to size? Or size down a half?

crosswound

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
i tried barrie last and grant last in the store. i'd think its safe to take the same size in barrie last for grant last. the grant last was a bit more snug than the barrie but not really uncomfortable.

RFX45

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by rick
i saw a few pages back that winn perry has some captoe boots that you ccan pre-order due in september in calf and scotchgrain. give them a call.

Any pics? More info?

RFX45

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by zippyh
Perhaps these? http://winnperry.com/updates/alden-winn-perry-rd3/
That helps. Thanks Zippy. Was looking for a black captoe though.
frown.gif

rick

Reaction score
Originally Posted by RFX45
Any pics? More info?

it was a email reply that someone posted of all the new aldens they have coming in. i printed that list there was no pics only descriptions. i called winn perry and they confirmed they should arrive by september. they have a website i am sure they could send you that list or if you pm me i could fax it to you.

zippyh

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Here it is.

Originally Posted by dixonmanor
Just got this email from Winn Perry detailing their upcoming FW10 collabs with Alden:

Hello everyone,

You are receiving this e-mail because you have expressed interest in our special make-up program with Alden Shoe Co. Below are the styles that we will be making up with Alden for the Fall/Winter 2010 time-frame. If you have any interest in pre-ordering these models, please contact us by e-mail [email protected] or by phone at 503.922.1298.

97786 Double Waterloc Longwing **Pre-orders Due Thursday 3/4/10 by 5PM Pacific
Leather: Walnut Brown Calf
Sole: Double Waterloc w/ light antique finish
Welt: 360 Reverse
Last: Barrie
Stock Sizes: 7D-12D
Price: $450

Brown Chromexcel Longwing
Leather: Brown Chromexcel
Sole: Commando w/ light antique finish
Price: $TBD (Estimated $425-$475)

45193H Tobacco Reverse Chamois Boots ("Little Tanks") **Pre-orders Due Thursday 3/4/10 by 5PM Pacific
Leather: Tobacco Reverse Chamois
Sole: Plantation Crepe w/ light antique finish
Welt: 360 Regular
Price: $435

"Earth" Reverse Chamois Boots
Leather: Earth Reverse Chamois (This color is a very dark mud brown and appears all but black)
Sole: Plantation Crepe w/ match finish
Welt: 360 Regular
Price: $435

Straight Tip Cap Toe Boot
Leather: Tan Vegano
Sole: Double Waterloc w/ light antique finish
Stock Sizes: 8D-12D

Perf Straight Tip Cap Toe Boot (*No Medallion)
Leather: Color #8 Shell Cordovan
Sole: Double Waterloc w/ match finish and good year heel
Welt: Regular Close Heel
Price: $TBD (Estimated $575-$650)

6 Eye Chukka Wing
Leather: Color #8 Shell Cordovan
Sole: Double Waterloc w/ match finish
Last: Plaza
Price: $TBD (Estimated $575-$650)

V-Tip Blucher
Leather: Walnut Brown Calf
Sole: Double Watlock w/ light antique finish
Last: Hampton
Stock Sizes: 8D-12D

Plain Toe Boot
Leather: Burnished Mahogany Waxhide
Sole: Commando w/ mahogany finish
Welt: Reverse 360

Ranger Mocc
Leather: Smooth Tobacco Chamois
Sole: Plantation Crepe
Welt: 360 Regular w/ light antique finish
Last: Van

Mackinac Boot (*Same as Ranger Mocc, but in boot)
Leather: Smooth Tobacco Chamois
Sole: Plantation Crepe
Last: Van

Straight Tip Cap Toe Boot
Leather: Brown Scotch Grain
Sole: Double Waterloc w/ goodyear heel

Akeem

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
anybody get the LSH safari boot in snuff suede? if so, how do you like them? considering a pre-order placement

mg428

Reaction score
Originally Posted by rick
i wish they were on barrie, grant does not fit me well.

Ones who own Alden shoes with lady calf upper could you please comment on this leather and compare with regular calfskin shoes of Alden? When I say regular calfskin, I mean mostly non-Horween sourced leathers of Alden, and I am aware that Alden sources its calfskins from various sources so I am not sure whether my question is realistic. Perhaps we may take Alden regular stock calfskin shoes as basis? Your comments on suede leather will also be appreciated.

We all know lady calf is softer. But I am particularly interested in knowing whether they are i) more/less durable (to harsh wearings and bad weather conditions; ii) requires more/less maintanance; and iii) show creases more/less, than regular stock Alden calfskin shoes upon equal great deal of wearings under same conditions.

forex

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by zippyh
Whiskey longwings from Epaulet showed up today.
image005t.jpg

With the snuff suede ones which showed up a couple days ago.
image008ng.jpg

Epaulet,
are these going to be restocked any time soon?

iansir

Reaction score
Originally Posted by mg428
Ones who own Alden shoes with lady calf upper could you please comment on this leather and compare with regular calfskin shoes of Alden? When I say regular calfskin, I mean mostly non-Horween sourced leathers of Alden, and I am aware that Alden sources its calfskins from various sources so I am not sure whether my question is realistic. Perhaps we may take Alden regular stock calfskin shoes as basis? Your comments on suede leather will also be appreciated.

We all know lady calf is softer. But I am particularly interested in knowing whether they are i) more/less durable (to harsh wearings and bad weather conditions; ii) requires more/less maintanance; and iii) show creases more/less, than regular stock Alden calfskin shoes upon equal great deal of wearings under same conditions.

I have a 'soft calfskin' pair of Aldens and a regular calfskin pair. The soft calfskin is a bit more 'grainy' and there is more texture to it, and it is more difficult to get a mirror shine. The soft calfskin is so soft that I am more careful with them, I expect them to be more susceptible to scratches and knicks. It also seems like the texture soaks up a bit more water (and also leather conditioner), but not much worse for bad weather conditions than regular calfskin. They seem to require the same maintenance as regular calfskin, I use alden leather conditioner on them every week and only wear them once a week. They show creases less than regular calfskin in my experience, and the creases rub out a bit with some conditioner. Let me know if you have any more specific questions, I might even post some pictures later today....

mg428

Reaction score
Originally Posted by iansir
I have a 'soft calfskin' pair of Aldens and a regular calfskin pair. The soft calfskin is a bit more 'grainy' and there is more texture to it, and it is more difficult to get a mirror shine. The soft calfskin is so soft that I am more careful with them, I expect them to be more susceptible to scratches and knicks. It also seems like the texture soaks up a bit more water (and also leather conditioner), but not much worse for bad weather conditions than regular calfskin. They seem to require the same maintenance as regular calfskin, I use alden leather conditioner on them every week and only wear them once a week. They show creases less than regular calfskin in my experience, and the creases rub out a bit with some conditioner. Let me know if you have any more specific questions, I might even post some pictures later today....
Thank you. These were what I thought I would hear. I find regular stock Alden shoes' calfskin not decent in comparison to my other Alden shoes and C&J and AS Premiere line shoes. In particular, they show creases most. I must note that I am not necessarily saying that calfskin sourced from Horween are better. One thing though: Why, in general, brand new photos of lady calfskin shoes seem to show creases or as if they will be more susceptible to show more creases? Perhaps it is only me thinking like that? Or the grainy look and the fact of "more texture to it" you described give such impression to me?

jet

Persian Bro
Reaction score
Are those alden hiking/chukka looking boots being made yet anyone know?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Staff online

Forum statistics