• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Anderson & Sheppard Expatriates Thread

Mr Herbert

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
lovely monte

to my eye the Steeds posted on this forum are the best fits posted

jamesbond

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by A Y
Brisa drapes nicely --- it is a pretty heavy weave (15 or 16 ounce IIRC), but doesn't wear heavy at all.

Nice suit Montesquieu. It looks quintessentially A&S. FWIW, the width of the pants seem more in balance here than in Vox's still very nice GB suit, but it's probably a matter of lighting and perhaps individual fit.

--Andre

To me these Steeds have way more shape then any A&S i've ever seen. Which is a good thing.

A Y

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by voxsartoria
So cagey.
laugh.gif

For some of us (outside of brakes and audio), the pledge is a way of life.
tinfoil.gif

--Andre

voxsartoria

Goon member
Timed Out
Reaction score

824886336_pPD6s-O.jpg
824886347_duwDX-O.jpg

[first and last photos clickable for larger versions]

Steed (Edwin DeBoise) DB suit in J & J Minnis 14/15oz "spot effect" flannel. For those of you who care, this is the model with the front cut.

- B

aj_del

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
^^ Lapels are too thin IMO. Rest everything is superb

Strange

Reaction score

824886336_pPD6s-O.jpg
824886347_duwDX-O.jpg

[first and last photos clickable for larger versions]

Steed (Edwin DeBoise) DB suit in J & J Minnis 14/15oz "spot effect" flannel. For those of you who care, this is the model with the front cut.

- B

Splendid. One of the nicest looks I've seen on teh Forvm. Love the technicolor reveal at the end too.
worship.gif

tutee

Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
vox very nice suit. I like it. There is a time and place for everything and as such clean lines are important too.

Please see your PM
smile.gif

regards

Despos

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
B.
I would change only 4 things but not too shabby.
fight[1].gif

Slewfoot

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Vox - looks great! I like how the trousers are a touch longer than usual making them appear more comfortable.

It could just be the angle of the photograph, but the right lapel looks noticeably wider than the left. Personally, I like the slightly thinner than normal lapel look on DB's which I what I did on my first one this Fall. Makes it seem more like a lean, mean fightin' machine!

TheFoo

THE FOO
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Bill, do your DBs button at the same level as your SBs?

voxsartoria

Goon member
Timed Out
Reaction score
Originally Posted by aj_del
^^ Lapels are too thin IMO. Rest everything is superb

eh.gif

laugh.gif

Originally Posted by tutee
vox very nice suit. I like it. There is a time and place for everything and as such clean lines are important too.

Please see your PM
smile.gif

regards

Thank you, tutee...will get back to you on your message.

Originally Posted by edmorel
the black and white pics really let you appreciate the shape of suit. Very nice. But the shirt collar, vox, the shirt collar
frown.gif

Damn Borrelli. Anway, I have high hopes for the next Whittaker collar.

Originally Posted by Despos
B.
I would change only 4 things but not too shabby.
fight[1].gif

#1? Better client.

Originally Posted by Slewfoot
Vox - looks great! I like how the trousers are a touch longer than usual making them appear more comfortable.

It could just be the angle of the photograph, but the right lapel looks noticeably wider than the left. Personally, I like the slightly thinner than normal lapel look on DB's which I what I did on my first one this Fall. Makes it seem more like a lean, mean fightin' machine!

It's not settled in yet...this is the first wearing, and this is a kind of burly flannel that still got to hang out a bit from it's confinement in the shipping box.

Originally Posted by mafoofan
Bill, do your DBs button at the same level as your SBs?

I believe so, but I am not absolutely sure since I do not...micromanage... I'll double check when I have the chance.

- B

George

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I believe so, but I am not absolutely sure since I do not...micromanage... I'll double check when I have the chance. - B
You need too...
wink.gif

courty

Reaction score
Nice suit Vox.

The lapels look to be cut straighter than usual - certainly straighter than the bellied curve of A&S. Is this something you requested on this coat?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.9%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 89 37.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 39 16.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 37 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads