• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The official thrift/discount store bragging thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

tonylumpkin

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by vaclava krishna
This model was, sold as the "Brothel Creeper" I, don't remember the price .
Would, you like, another pair?

breakfasteatre

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
since i sold them all, i should probably mention a find i had last summer

Wife's mom has a summer home up north near a small town called Orillia. Pretty much white trash crapsville.

I check out the goodwill there everytime im up, one morning i was going through the shirts and noticed an odity, a brand new Steven Alan shirt. I dont even think there are any retailers in canada selling steven alan, let alone any place in b.f.n orillia.

I end up going through the rest of the shirts and found 15 (!!!) brand new Steven Alan shirts, every single one a different pattern (they all fit perfectly) and 2 Shirt by Shirt shirts.

I sold them all because i dont need anymore clothing but these kinds of finds really blow my mind and get me right back into thrifting

Trapp

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Nataku
Yeah, it was old then. I don't know when they omited Roma from their labels, but all the pieces I've seen that do have Roma on it look to be pre-1995.

Yeah, definately pre-1995. To put it in perspective, it was hanging right next to a full Brioni suit (which i didn't mention), same size and label, that was solid brown. Almost looked 70's or early 80's, though I don't know how far back Brioni goes. I considered grabbing these just for the pants (it was a nice chocolate brown), which were nice and fit well, but on inspection they had some damage to them.

Nataku

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
^^ Yeah, Brioni has been around for awhile. I've seen pieces from the 60's and I'm pretty sure they go back to the late 40's or 50's.
Originally Posted by breakfasteatre
I end up going through the rest of the shirts and found 15 (!!!) brand new Steven Alan shirts, every single one a different pattern (they all fit perfectly) and 2 Shirt by Shirt shirts. I sold them all because i dont need anymore clothing but these kinds of finds really blow my mind and get me right back into thrifting
wow.gif
That's insane! I got all excited when I found two Stevel Alan reverse-seam shirts last year. Finding streetwear-ish stuff is way harder than finding classic tailored clothing. The label Shirt you mentioned has some cool casual stuff. A local shop who carries labels such as KMW, Seize sur Vingt, APC, Rag & Bone..... etc has some of the Shirt line and they're pretty nice. Not Borrelli or Kiton, but on discount they're pretty damn nice.

amerikajinda

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
had on ok day at my local Salvation Army store -- a nice tie and a decent watch for a total of $8.99!

iwc002.jpg

iwc007.jpg

amerikajinda

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by randob300
^ Speechless. Authentic?

Can't say for sure.... I'm no watch expert -- it is quite heavy though. If anyone knows how I can tell for sure, please let me know. Maybe I could bring it to a local high-end jeweler and ask them.

It was right next to some Swank cufflinks which had to be the ugliest cufflinks I've ever seen in my life -- tiki torches!
laugh.gif

DoTheGrownup

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Nataku
A local shop who carries labels such as KMW, Seize sur Vingt, APC, Rag & Bone..... etc has some of the Shirt line and they're pretty nice. Not Borrelli or Kiton, but on discount they're pretty damn nice.

Who in MN carries APC? I assumed you were talking about LD, but I have never seen an APC piece in there. I remember asking a sales rep about it once and he told me they wanted to carry APC but that APC was not interested. Something about what brands they are willing to appear next to.

antirabbit

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by amerikajinda
Can't say for sure.... I'm no watch expert -- it is quite heavy though. If anyone knows how I can tell for sure, please let me know. Maybe I could bring it to a local high-end jeweler and ask them.

It was right next to some Swank cufflinks which had to be the ugliest cufflinks I've ever seen in my life -- tiki torches!
laugh.gif

WTF!!!!

WoW Jinda.....

Are IWC's faked?

You just won!

chobochobo

Rubber Chicken
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by amerikajinda

laugh.gif

Did it come with a box and papers?
bounce2.gif

randob300

Reaction score
Rebel: I've seen lots of IWC in Chinatown (s). Not accusing them of being fakes or anything. Although, you can usually tell within one second they're fake...just wanted to see if Jinda was yanking our cranks with an April Fools joke.

That's really just an awesome find. Congrats.

RebelWithACause

Reaction score
DAMNNNNNNNNN. That is find of the year.

I can just picture it, guy breaks up with a girl, she just throws all his stuff in a box and donates it.

Steve Smith

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Great find on the IWC. You may need to find a dealer who sells the brand to know for certain whether it is authentic. Counterfeit IWC watches are out there.

Steve Smith

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by shoejohn
2 pair of Florsheim Imperial longwings found at a thrift store. One black the other tan. $10 each!!!
devil.gif
devil.gif
devil.gif

Great find. Fantastic shoes. Pics?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 86 38.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Forum statistics

Threads