• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What are you drinking right now?

ChicagoRon

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
17723.jpg
Happy Passover

Huntsman

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Roikins
Made a Brandy Alexander last night... been a while since I had one.
27202_668463396833_216316_37590993_4039842_n.jpg

Nice. Try the original gin version sometime....surprisingly better IMHO. ~ H

Listi

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'm drinking Victory Storm King right now. A great stout. This summer I want to try out a bunch of weird cocktails like some of you guys like drinking
smile.gif
I feel like I'm missing out so much on cocktails!

Huntsman

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by kwilkinson
Hunts, what ya been drinking lately?
Well, its been rough at work+school lately so I really haven't a lot of time for imbibing (going back to work after class at midnight is taking its toll). Most Monday nights I have a single Negroni when I get home, but have slipped in the odd Sazerac and some scotch here and there. Have been going out a lot -- strangely they opened a serious cocktail bar about 20 min from my home, and in the City where my school is we have two places where I actually can get a good drink, even through I usually order off menu -- there it has been a lot of Pennicilins (scotch and ginger, basically), Last Words, the odd Corn'n'Oil (which I really rec to all rum fans), and the odd gin Alexander as my last-tipple-of-the-night. So is all good. ~ H

Huntsman

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Gin rec for it?

Oh, any straight-ahead London dry: Plymouth, even Beefeater. I wouldn't use any of the more floral gins, like Sapphire.

Roikins

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Huntsman
Oh, any straight-ahead London dry: Plymouth, even Beefeater. I wouldn't use any of the more floral gins, like Sapphire.

Perfect. I'm heavy on the floral gins, so I probably would have defaulted to trying one of those. Maybe I'll try the Ransom Old Tom.

mystillwater

Reaction score
i'm not real big on the names of coctails but i like experimenting. made some drinks tongiht for me and my wife... Bacardi (trying to empty the bottle) with the juice of half a lime, crushed pinapple and a splash of grapefruit seltzer. pretty damn good. may sound a little fruity but i find it to be pretty subtle and perfect for the warm evening by the grill.

Huntsman

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Perfect. I'm heavy on the floral gins, so I probably would have defaulted to trying one of those. Maybe I'll try the Ransom Old Tom.
Mehhhhhh.....isn't Old Tom sweetened a bit? I think that would be bad, it's sweet enough. ~ H

Roikins

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Mehhhhhh.....isn't Old Tom sweetened a bit? I think that would be bad, it's sweet enough. ~ H
Yeah, slightly sweeter than London Dry, but less herbal than everything else I have. The Ransom is the least juniper tasting gin I have.
laugh.gif
I am loaded up on these genver types. I'll just go lighter on the cocoa, or maybe it'll give me an excuse to go out and stock up on more stuff.

Huntsman

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Yeah, slightly sweeter than London Dry, but less herbal than everything else I have. The Ransom is the least juniper tasting gin I have.
laugh.gif
I am loaded up on these genver types. I'll just go lighter on the cocoa, or maybe it'll give me an excuse to go out and stock up on more stuff.

My, you must have an interesting collection then -- the only genever I have is Genevieve.

Roikins

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
My, you must have an interesting collection then -- the only genever I have is Genevieve.

Nothing too interesting -- I have 2 bottles of the Genevieve right now, Bols, and Damrak. I blew through most everything else during the holidays and haven't replaced anything. All I have now are those plus the Ransom. I probably would have used the Genevieve just to use it up.
laugh.gif
But I am heading into SF this weekend, so it may be time to stock up... I'm passing the place I know that has Cap Rock and North Shore.

Listi

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Balvenie DoubleWood - 12 year old

Just picked this up! Happy I did. It seems to be a decent amount smoother than Glenfiddich 12.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads