• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

A.P.C. The official thread for APC denim sizing and other questions.

trueskills

Reaction score
Hi,
i'm looking for a pair of apcs, but i dont know which fit is right for the look i want..im pretty sure im stuck between the petit standard and the new standard

i normally wear pretty slim/skinny jeans..but im looking for a looser fit, not necessarily in the legs but more so in the butt/leg area. essentially, what im looking for is a slim jean that i can have rest/sag on my butt.

the kind of look im looking for in the butt/in regards to the sagging is like this:
zac-efron-apc-2.jpg

zac-efron-apc-3.jpg

zac-efron-apc-4.jpg

zac-efron-apc-6.jpg

zac-efron-apc.jpg

i want to wear a belt to prevent them from sagging off with a strong pull essentially. i know that he's wearing new standards in those pictures, but after being so used to slimmer/skinny jeans, i think the new standards are too loose/baggy for me. do you think its possible for me to get that kind of look in the butt area if i go down just 1 size in the petit standards as opposed to 2, or possibility even just buy my original size? (as in...i normally wear 32s in other jeans...so buying apc's that are sized 32)

golfham

Reaction score
Awesome. Great to see all you Neogaf members here. See you around.

golfham

Reaction score
Originally Posted by BlueWord
Holy crap, it's like a GAF reunion in here.

Just for a second opinion, assuming I wear a 29x34 in a Levi's 514 and a 30x34 in a 511, should I size down to a 27 or 28 in the New Standard? I understand it -2 sizes due to to vanity, and then one further size to account for stretching.

I say go with the 27. It'll be tight as hell at first, but it'll stretch out soon enough.

ec_eric

Reaction score
yeah apcs stretch a **** ton i sized down 3 and they're a little too loose for my liking now.

themaskedcorndog

Reaction score
I just received my petit standards, sized down to 28 from my typical 30/31 in levi's or cheap monday. The thighs are not too tight, so should I expect them to stretch? I figure if there isn't anything pushing out on them they aren't likely to stretch.

golfham

Reaction score
Quick question guys:

I just got my Rescues today, and I like how they fit, but they're a little too wide near the calf area and below. I took a fit pic to see what you guys think:

4480022498_961aabfd15_o.jpg

sorry for the crappy pic.

Nopike343

Reaction score
If you feel they are too wide in the calf area you should probably get NS instead. To me that was the only noticable difference between Rescues and NS's. Maybe the NS's were also a little tighter in the thighs but not much.

golfham

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Nopike343
If you feel they are too wide in the calf area you should probably get NS instead. To me that was the only noticable difference between Rescues and NS's. Maybe the NS's were also a little tighter in the thighs but not much.

I bought three different NSes, and they were too tight. I have big thighs...I think I'm just going to stick with the Rescues. I mean, they're loose, but it's better than being so tight, I can't put my goddamn cell phone in my pocket.

Cool The Kid

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Maybe this is just me, but does anyone else find their APCs to be incredibly comfortable? I think these are the best fitting pair of jeans I've ever owned. I got some H&M Sliqs and they feel like a wet rag comparatively....

Are raw jeans generally more comfortable than prewashed/distressed stuff?

nonissue

Reaction score
Originally Posted by golfham
I bought three different NSes, and they were too tight. I have big thighs...I think I'm just going to stick with the Rescues. I mean, they're loose, but it's better than being so tight, I can't put my goddamn cell phone in my pocket.

You could always just get them tapered below the knee. That seems to be the ideal/obvious solution. I find my rescues a bit wider than I normally like below the knee, but it's nice to mix up the jean rotation a bit.

somatoform

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Quick question guys:

I just got my Rescues today, and I like how they fit, but they're a little too wide near the calf area and below. I took a fit pic to see what you guys think:

4480022498_961aabfd15_o.jpg

sorry for the crappy pic.

I think they look good. Just hem them to fall down straighter.

Originally Posted by Nopike343
To me that was the only noticable difference between Rescues and NS's.

I don't know what jeans you are trying on, but not for me, not even close. I've tried on NS in the same size of Rescues that I couldn't even get anywhere near ******. Maybe for your size there's no difference between the Rescue and NS besides the taper, but not for all sizes.

Originally Posted by Cool The Kid
Maybe this is just me, but does anyone else find their APCs to be incredibly comfortable? I think these are the best fitting pair of jeans I've ever owned.

Me to.

splattered

Reaction score
I say go with the 27. It'll be tight as hell at first, but it'll stretch out soon enough.

I have a 30 waist and wear sz27, been wearing them since like Nov off and on and they've only really stretched out enough as not to kill my nuts... i dont see them stretching like most people claim, then again i wear a belt with them i dunno if thats why?

***Does anyone know when APC NS Black are gonna be coming back into stock online at whatever shop? I don't see them anywhere anymore... :/

golfham

Reaction score
Thanks for the comments, guys. Would it be best to get them altered right now, or should I wait to break them in?
I'm guessing it doesn't matter..

golfham

Reaction score
Originally Posted by splattered
I have a 30 waist and wear sz27, been wearing them since like Nov off and on and they've only really stretched out enough as not to kill my nuts... i dont see them stretching like most people claim, then again i wear a belt with them i dunno if thats why?

***Does anyone know when APC NS Black are gonna be coming back into stock online at whatever shop? I don't see them anywhere anymore... :/

They definitely do stretch; and if you're wearing a belt, chances are that the waist has stretched out. With my rescues, I have no pain in my nuts, and it's loose. Try those, if you want.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 36.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 59 39.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 15 10.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 26 17.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 26 17.3%

Forum statistics

Threads