• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

LA Guy

Opposite Santa
Admin
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Just picked up the new Nom de Guerre Desert Corp Jacket in medium from Brigade:

http://www.clothingbrigade.com/produ...rt-corp-jacket

Starting SS10, Nom de Guerre drastically reduced the retail for stateside stockists, so the discrepancy between retailers in the States and retailers in Europe is dramatic. The same jacket selling for $330-340 in the States is going for Eu588 or 430+ pounds sterling. Even with the VAT difference, it's sort of nuts.

impolyt_one

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
I don't know how to use Windows and have grown up on Macs since the beginning in the mid 80's, and my dad works for Apple in some sort of capacity that I'm not sure about. It's not fanboy status, it's like family status. Apart from that though, I see still Macs as being Porsches and all the souped up hi-po Wintels as being, well, souped-up hi-po common cars. This was truer in the 80's and 90's (when a good Mac setup cost $10,000 in 1992 dollars) but still, I went around with a friend when he was shopping for a new windows laptop the other week, and prices have evened out although the design and form factor side has not. I didn't see a Windows machine I'd even consider at any price, and I'm pretty open to these things as I don't really care either way.

BubblyMasquerade

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
friend is looking in all the wrong places.

price performance ratio of a good windows based computer is much better than an comparable mac.

cr1234

Reaction score
I just picked up their trench for $400 from Stel's, and it's 465 pounds (~$700) on oki-ni.

http://www.oki-ni.com/Mens-Jackets+O...nvt/ndg0157cha

Really like it without the hood.

Originally Posted by LA Guy
Just picked up the new Nom de Guerre Desert Corp Jacket in medium from Brigade:

http://www.clothingbrigade.com/produ...rt-corp-jacket

Starting SS10, Nom de Guerre drastically reduced the retail for stateside stockists, so the discrepancy between retailers in the States and retailers in Europe is dramatic. The same jacket selling for $330-340 in the States is going for Eu588 or 430+ pounds sterling. Even with the VAT difference, it's sort of nuts.

ahjota

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I like my multitouch tablet.

Thinkpad win.

aeglus

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by BB1
Personally I like Thinkpads and am sick of all these glossy looking laptops-- they are the equivalent of patent leather shoes. But I tend to prefer an unassuming utilitarian/industrial look for my electronics.

I still have my T42. Other than something going wrong with the battery (either the battery died COMPLETELY or it is now incapable of getting any energy from batteries), it's an indestructible tank. I love it and if they weren't so expensive in Korea I'd have simply upgraded. Also though they're not really made for gaming so I guess that's another strike against them this time.

KitAkira

Wait! Wait! I gots an opinion!
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Originally Posted by BubblyMasquerade
friend is looking in all the wrong places. price performance ratio of a good windows based computer is much better than an comparable mac.
Especially if you build/upgrade yourself. My Asus makes me very happy, thank you Korea

jet

Persian Bro
Reaction score
Are thinkpads still good? I was looking at the new series that's better than the T though I forgot which it was since it's been awhile.

JonB27

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Teger
so do I (on my macbook pro LOL)

+1, you can have a right click on the macbook pro... As far as the look, I have a new macbook pro and it's a matte silver, no gloss.

bakatora

Reaction score
took a chance on a pair of size 9 white/pearl lanvin lowtops from yoox hoping they'd fit as big as their highs.. I can fit in them as a size 10.5 with thin socks, but they're really tight in the toe box. they'd probably fit a size 10 with a narrow foot well. also failed with the white eg summer jeans sizing. 34 fits more like a slim 32/33.
facepalm.gif
returning tomorrow..

DLester

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
^ for that reason I started ordering multiple sizes of the same item when buying from yoox. I return the sizes that don't fit.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.6%

Forum statistics

Threads