• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dexter_

Reaction score
^The kudu that was in the other pic is the Ultimate Indy in Kudu from LS. The pic you posted is the standard Indy from Alden in Kudu.

jet

Persian Bro
Reaction score
Those bucks are pretty awesome.

djh

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by bakatora

Alden1.jpg

Blackbird tan suede "summer oxford" on flex single waterlock sole, Barrie Last

Holy ****...

mg428

Reaction score
Originally Posted by RFX45
If they made these in navy suede it will be copped w/o hesitation, especially since it's on a barri last.
frown.gif

+1, partly because I have BB Peal made by AS plaintoe wingtip balmoral oxfords with the same or similar suede color. This is so tempting nevertheless.

bananananana

In Time Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Originally Posted by slappy
What are peoples opinions about the Allen Edmond Cascade boots.
http://www.allenedmonds.com/aeonline...ategory=120552

They are a damn sight cheaper, and Allen Edmond quality is generally considered on par with Alden correct?

Those are just butt ugly. I actually like AE for some shoes but thats one of their ugliest designs.

You can wait til their new boots come out later this year, but I think they'll be priced similarly to Alden.

slappy

Reaction score
Ha well I dont know about all that. I like the Aldens better, these AE look like fancy hiking boots to me. I just think that Aldens are over priced to a decent degree (though excellent looking), so I am looking at other options.

mg428

Reaction score
Originally Posted by slappy
Ha well I dont know about all that. I like the Aldens better, these AE look like fancy hiking boots to me. I just think that Aldens are over priced to a decent degree (though excellent looking), so I am looking at other options.

With all due respect and irrespective of style/model (may be, relatively and to a certain extent, except shell cordovan shoes and vintage AE shoes), I believe the consensus here would be that AE is NOT on par with Alden.

LeatherSOUL

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Guys, let's not start another AE vs Alden debate. It's fricking annoying. This is the official Alden thread for pete's sake.

AEs are good shoes.
smile.gif

rick

Reaction score
Originally Posted by bakatora
ald_96803_2.jpg

Winn Perry tan suede dirty buck on red brick sole, Barrie Last

Alden1.jpg

Blackbird tan suede "summer oxford" on flex single waterlock sole, Barrie Last

14580_1Sm.jpg

Winn Perry tan suede lined chukka on plantation crepe sole, Barrie Last

damn. only thing holding me back from the dirty buck and chukka are the brass eyelets.. and I wish the oxford was on a plantation crepe sole..

thank you for costing me $410 lol

RFX45

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
WOOW! The new Leather Soul Exclusive Alden boot, Grant Captoe Flex Boot looks amazing!
eek.gif

gc1.jpg
gc2.jpg

gc3.jpg
gc4.jpg

rick

Reaction score
Originally Posted by lagsun
Is it just the lighting or is the Summer Oxford tan suede different from the other two?

i called blackbird and they said the picture was the color, they said its a dark wheat. i bought them so i will post pics when they come in.

rick

Reaction score
Originally Posted by RFX45
WOOW! The new Leather Soul Exclusive Alden boot, Grant Captoe Flex Boot looks amazing!
eek.gif

gc1.jpg
gc2.jpg

gc3.jpg
gc4.jpg

i wish they were on barrie, grant does not fit me well.

RFX45

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
How does the two lasts differ?
I checked here but they did not list the grant last for comparison.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads