• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Epaulet

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Hey everyone,

I'm back with another sample preview. For the past few months, we've been working on an in-house chino. We needed a razor sharp fit, some interesting details, and unbelivable fabric. After a lot of late nights, strong-ass coffee, and karaoke-fueled trips to LA, the dream is almost reality.

May I introduce you to the final approval sample of our upcoming EP's Rivet Chino. The fit is slim-leg, and medium-low rise. Pretty close to our EP's Smith Jean and our Epaulet Walt trouser (but with a lower rise). It shares the same gunmetal button fly and hickory striped pockets as our selvedge denim. The interior seams are fully taped, and herringbone natural canvas taping runs down each leg. The body has traditional slash pockets, rear besom pockets, and the signature "wallet" EP's coin pocket - which will totally swallow a few credit cards and cash.

And the fabric. Oh my god! It's a sueded British twill with an unbelievable hand. I'll wager to say that these will be among the best-feeling chinos that you've ever put on. ETA is about 4-5 weeks, and they'll come in both Navy and British Khaki (a bit darker than the usual khaki shade). The price should be around our Selvedge Denim price ($145), but possibly a bit less. We're working on a special edition for late May too.

4477161455_e0ac57e8d4.jpg

See Larger

4477160017_1917b104ef.jpg

See Larger

4477162077_d9f152db88.jpg

See Larger

Epaulet

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Originally Posted by sle-z-e
any pics of the khaki sample?
Not yet, that very early pic was actually done in a different, stone-colored fabric. The final sample was Navy, so we won't have any Khaki pics until the actual chinos arrive. It's a slightly darker shade than what you typically see, and close to the original khaki of the British Army. The UK mill that makes it keeps things extra real. Take a look at the Wikipedia page
Originally Posted by dusty
Are you taking reservations?
Absolutely. These will be TTS. If you already own a Smith Jean, then you'll need to order one inch up from your size in those.

Noochie

Reaction score
Any plans on a shorts version? Always looking for a high-quality pair of slim shorts.

blynch

Reaction score
looking good! These are with the washable waist band right? And are they still easy to have taken in? Looks like the navy might be my go to, for work pants(hospital).

I'm also thinking it is getting close to hoyt denim release time...

Doctor

Reaction score
If I'm a 33 in the walt trousers, should I go 33 in these? Bearing in mind the legs on the Walts *just* fit. Had them taken out a little from the knee down to get a better drape... Though may not be such a big deal for chinos (slim is fine).

Epaulet

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Noochie
Any plans on a shorts version? Always looking for a high-quality pair of slim shorts.

Yes actually! Thinking about a 7 inch inseam. We're going to hem one of the production pieces to see how it works.

Originally Posted by blynch
looking good! These are with the washable waist band right? And are they still easy to have taken in? Looks like the navy might be my go to, for work pants(hospital).

I'm also thinking it is getting close to hoyt denim release time...

Thanks! Yes, these are fully machine washable. But they're made in a totally different workshop than the trousers. These are finished in a denim house in LA. They don't have a split waistband like the Walt & Rudy Trousers, but they'll come in individual inch sizing (28,29,30,31,etc...).

We're all about versatility. The upcoming Walt & Rudy cotton trousers are dress pants that can be worn casually. This is a casual pant which could easily be dressed up.

And yes, the Hoyt is about 2 weeks out. Can't wait!

Originally Posted by Doctor
If I'm a 33 in the walt trousers, should I go 33 in these? Bearing in mind the legs on the Walts *just* fit. Had them taken out a little from the knee down to get a better drape... Though may not be such a big deal for chinos (slim is fine).

Yes, a 33 should be fine. The legs on these are very close to the Walt, and the waist is dialed right in.

shasta

Reaction score
Mike this McNairy Tie is Bitchin'! I think I'm going to scoop up the pindot pattern as well!

Keep doin what you do!

tonio028

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
So I received my gingham twill today and well...I'll let some pictures describe it for you guys... The arrival
100_3111.jpg
100_3112.jpg
Buttoned:
100_3140.jpg
100_3141.jpg
Unbuttoned:
100_3142.jpg
Close Up
100_3123.jpg
Distance shot
100_3138.jpg
My synopsis: Speechless. Only one problem, Mike. You didn't ship beezie repellent and they just won't be able to leave me alone now! Mission accomplished, man.

APK

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I wore my gingham for the first time to a family gathering last night. As soon as my brother saw me, I could see him formulating some smartass response. It took him a half hour and the best he could come up with was, "What's with your shirt? It's all multi-colored? It looks like the backdrop on That '70s Show or something."

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.6%

Forum statistics

Threads