• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Should I or shouldn't I buy... (clothing item)?

eglbc

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
299105696_tp.jpg

on ebay for a good price
or

925_1483_285.jpg

170$

i lose/break sunglasses, so im leaning towards frogskins.
Also i feel like theyre a bit younger feeling, not sure if i can swing the persols.
Thoughts on frogskinz?

Rosenberg

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by eglbc
299105696_tp.jpg

on ebay for a good price
or

925_1483_285.jpg

170$

i lose/break sunglasses, so im leaning towards frogskins.
Also i feel like theyre a bit younger feeling, not sure if i can swing the persols.
Thoughts on frogskinz?

Sounds like you've already decided on the Oakleys. My thoughts are that they look like a flashy Oakley wayfarer. If that's the style you like it would not take much searching to find some that didn't say "Oakley" across the temple, unless you like that. Also, I think I'd rather wear drugstore shades than Oakleys.

Kvc06

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Yellow MMM Hi Tops from Yoox

or

dior mij 19cm

or

toj suede varsity( don't know if I'll have enough for this)

or wait for something else

I need new jeans the most but don't know if I wanna drop retail for the diors...

BB1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by TransparentCranium
I have the kzo in both black and indigo. Indigo has the perfect taper, but the black seem so taper less or less gradually, they have a much baggier look at the ankle. I just got them and they will be hitting the tailor soon to make them look the way the indigo's do. The fabric on the blacks is really really nice, has a really good feel. The indigo feel like any other higher than standard light weight raw denim. You may have some problems with quality in the stitching and construction, while the fabrics are quite nice, how they are put together pales in comparison to apc for reference. My indigo's pocket bags on the from pockets wore through and are not completely gone, and the zipper has been replaced twice. The thigh darting stitching tends to break and come undone, i've had it stiched over small openings multiple times now. With that said, I will probably continue to buy them, since I haven't found a better fitting jean anywhere.
How often did you wear your indigo's before problems developed? I rotate through many different pairs of jeans during the week and am easy on my clothing, so hopefully I'll be ok. I agree that the fit is amazing! My black KZOs are the best fitting jeans that I own.

sq4you

Mid-level baller
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Kvc06
Yellow MMM Hi Tops from Yoox

or

dior mij 19cm

or

toj suede varsity( don't know if I'll have enough for this)

or wait for something else

I need new jeans the most but don't know if I wanna drop retail for the diors...

ull get sick of yellow shoes.

KitAkira

Wait! Wait! I gots an opinion!
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Kvc06
Yellow MMM Hi Tops from Yoox or dior mij 19cm or toj suede varsity( don't know if I'll have enough for this) or wait for something else I need new jeans the most but don't know if I wanna drop retail for the diors...
imo DH raws aren't worth the money at all

Kvc06

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I know, but I've tried sooo many denim cuts and the only ones that seem to fit me right/how I like are APC NC and Dior 19cm

And good point about getting tired of yellow shoes, I do think they might not see much wear.

Razele

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
^Haha

Kit always bringing the hate

Dude don't get yellow shoes, just pickup the classic whites or white grey on eBay / B+S

nicelynice

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
ToJ.
How much you gonna wear yellow shoes?
And 19cm just a pair of jeans, unless you're getting them for sub-$200, the ToJ gonna be way more dope

KitAkira

Wait! Wait! I gots an opinion!
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Razele
^Haha Kit always bringing the hate Dude don't get yellow shoes, just pickup the classic whites or white grey on eBay / B+S
All I'm saying is that you're paying $350 for denim that would be found on $100 jeans, nothing special about the denim and the cut can be had for cheaper. I'm all for coated/distressed DH jeans

hobo_ken

Reaction score
IME, I haven't found any cut < $200 that is remotely close to the DH 19cm cut. They're either too wide in the thigh or not tapered enough.

If you have any recommendations, please let me know.

nicelynice

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Have you tried APC cuts or, if you're willing to have stretch, Uni-Qlo T-000?

onion

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Razele
Dude don't get yellow shoes, just pickup the classic whites or white grey on eBay / B+S

+1

I would still get the MMM trainers over all the things he listed. I have the high tops in blueish gray, and they are my favorite pair of shoes I own... In fact, they are probably my favorite pair of shoes I've ever seen. Everyone always says people screw up tucking their pants in sneakers/boots, but these are surprisingly easy to pull off. They are so, so awesome.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Staff online

Forum statistics